• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

On the plans it shows Bricks is being expanded and there will be a new restaurant. Anyway how would Duplo's expansion be related to this, it's separated from the new hotel by 3 massive attractions (Atlantis, Coast & Driving).

Did you attend, as I haven't seen any floorplans online?

As I hadn't seen the plans and the improvement was being teamed with the hotel, it was a guess that the expansion was related to the hotel. Whilst not easy, access could be facilitated via the access road, but as you are saying there are changes to Bricks, it is probably not related.

Sorry I saw it on a different site, didn't realise it wasn't on this one. Can't remember which site but they've built similar hotels at some of the other Legolands and I think this is a carbon copy.

What I saw showed an extension to Bricks and a separate eating area in the new building. Nothing much else to say. Given that the access road is essential for the parks operation and would still be a fair walk between the Hotel and Duplo's Restraunt I naturally ruled that out as an option before even seeing any pictures.

That is a massive chunk of land they've brought there! It's almost the size of the whole park.

In terms of what they could use that land for, Theres a few possible options

1/ a third form of accommodation (Legoland enchanted village style maybe), with log cabins, tree houses (Lego themed) etc.

2/ secondary resort attractions, Lego treetop quest, crazy golf, water park (very unlikely with the area restrictions)

3/ further staff arras (not sure what they would benefit from that unless they made the existing staff area park expansion)

4/ further overflow car parks/event space

5/ park expansion (again very unlikely due to green belt, noise, height restrictions and how close houses are to the park).

Plenty of possibilities.

Confused as to why they can't build new rides on the new land?

It's in the opposite direction to the town centre?

The applications for the hotel and revised Haunted House have gone in this week, but whilst all is fine with the hotel, the council has already thrown out the revised Haunted House application without even going to public consultation!

They have refused to determine the application, as they say it is too similar to the last one and hasn't overcome the reasons for refusal, all of which they have been saying in their letters to the park's planning consultants in relation to moving the date for the appeal to allow for this application to be determined and approved (in the view of the park!).

The council do seem to have some balls at the moment with this, so without another application including big changes, this leaving everything to the appeal.

Windsor Council Shame On You!

Really disappointing news here, they're making poor decisions right now and don't give a single care about the park.

If only there was a way for them to build it now without permission or the outcome of building it illegally where it could be pulled down.

Understandable, what they want to do is ugly as sin. God knows why they didn't turn down Viking River Splash though.

What is the haunted house ment to be, and how could they get around the planing permission.

It's meant to be an indoor drop tower ride, similar to Sub Terra. There's already a version at Legoland Billund, so it'd be very similar if not, almost identical provided it actually got planning permission.

As for the latter part of your question, they can simply build it and frankly tell the council where to shove it.

We're talking about ABC drop towers. The council did the right thing if you ask me.

Understandable, what they want to do is ugly as sin. God knows why they didn't turn down Viking River Splash though.
Because in the plans it looked stunning. They had them posted outside Hill Trains lower station during its construction.

Shame it was Merlin's first major attraction. If you thought The Smiler had problems Viking River Splash barely made its opening year and opened looking even more like a multi-storey car park than it does now.

Having just remembered about this, I am surprised the new The LEGO Movie 4D film has not arrived yet.

Seems a bit late in the season to release it - perhaps it will come out late and then be promoted as a new attraction for 2016?

Just submitting feedback online (don't know weather they read it or not). Quite simply, I want rocket racers back. Look, it has been back on popular demand once, it can be back on popular demand again. And I know it wouldn't happen, but star wars racers, kingdom racers, pharaoh racers, jungle racers, haunted racers... how amazing could that be. I liked it because it was interactive.
latest

Rip rocket racers, May you return.

Rocket Racers is gone for good.

Last time it was just mothballed, everything was still there it just didn't work. Now there's nearly nothing left.

I loved Rocket Racers but it was a ride ahead of its time. The technology that ran it was experimental (for its time) and thus unreliable. They did a great job of getting it working again a few years back but by then it was well out of date.

Rocket Racers is gone for good.

Last time it was just mothballed, everything was still there it just didn't work. Now there's nearly nothing left.

I loved Rocket Racers but it was a ride ahead of its time. The technology that ran it was experimental (for its time) and thus unreliable. They did a great job of getting it working again a few years back but by then it was well out of date.
I know what you mean, but I liked the concept the ride. A similar ride would be popular, just more themed.

Unfortunately Rocket Racers will never return.

Aside from the fact that Star Wars now occupies the space the attraction once lived, there were many problems the attraction has faced in its time (even in its second carnation).

The original maker for the Lego Racers software had gone bust during the ride's reboot which actually reopened by pot luck due to one of the former operators testing the system to see if it still worked

As a result, the main reason the ride closed was due to the attraction reliability, the fact it was starting to look dated compared to newer game systems and most importantly, the main controller of the ride.

The main Controller of the ride specifically operated the whole attraction and couldn't be upgraded which was still on windows 98 and was difficult to replace and if an updated system came it would've been as good as a complete restart of the ride. Even though still worked well on the ride's closing, were it to fail, the ride would be down forever.

An interesting article worth looking at here.
http://www.cllw.co.uk/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1318538853&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

I always thought Rocket Racers was just alright, I guess everyone thought different. Nothing new there :). It was a little baffling how much graft they put into that thing - hats off to them, but it all sort of felt for nothing.

Thought it's time to resurrect this thread given that it's 7 days until the appeal fro the haunted house :)
Hope it's granted, but I won't hold my breath :(

Also booked for Christmas this year... any thoughts about this?