• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

I haven't been to Legoland this year, and won't be. It's hard to make out what a ride is like when it's screen-based (a bit like watching a Spider Man POV etc.) - but the queue seems nice enough. Shame the building is just a box in the middle of the park.
From this video, it looks quite good, the fact that the cars spin and tilt in time with whats happening on the screens. (skip to 11:46 for the actual ride).

I took the family on bank holiday Monday. The ride itself is pretty fantastic. Kills your arms tho. There's lots of steps in the building and you can clearly see the building isn't finished! There's no air con, my wife nearly passed out. There's unfinished bits of building around stairs etc. And when we went the building was leaking, they had left a bucket with a wet floor sign in the middle of the que line. Staff admitted the building wasn't finished and was only opened so there wasn't a back lash from keeping it closed. I was advised it would close after the holidays to have the finishing touches done. Oh and the day we went, it broke down. But the ride itself is very good

Hang on, they've built and opened a new dark ride in a building that leaks? And they've not put air conditioning in when the ride involves physical activity? Ahhh, good old Merlin!

:tearsofjoy:

Two new (ish) dark rides this year that Merlin have created and people are actually impressed with them both.... Well I never!

Hopefully we'll see the end of the Sub Terra, I'm a Celeb and DBGT days.

Two new (ish) dark rides this year that Merlin have created and people are actually impressed with them both.... Well I never!

Hopefully we'll see the end of the Sub Terra, I'm a Celeb and DBGT days.
They now just need to learn how to theme the buildings all the way round! Or place them at the edge of the parks so you don't need to theme them all, e.g. Haunted house at towers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Tables and chairs are surprisingly cramped for a new restaurant."

Welcome to a Merlin restuarant! Although the photo doesn't make it look anywhere near as bad as The Crooked Spoon.

:)

I can believe it. That place is enough to drive a saint postal.
Here's hoping they catch the buggers, and she's not too seriously hurt.

I see Legoland has released an efit of the suspect :tearsofjoy:

square-1479378508-lego-mosaic-maker-4.jpg

Visited today, Ninjago was very good, Queued an hour with queue in full extensions to merge point when it broke down. Got priority passes, used them to go when it Reopened.

The ride itself was very well done, a very good additon!

The park submitted its 10 year plan back in May to the planning board and plan to invest £95m over the next 10 years. The park are currently looking for permission for the following projects for the next few years.

2019- Major new land and attractions- The land would feature a major new indoor attraction (referred to in some of the plans as a potential coaster) the building would have 13.2m height at its highest point. The land would also feature two flat ride style attractions. If approved construction would start by the end of 2017. located near Lego city.

A further new attraction is proposed for the previously approved Haunted House location, Likely to still be a version of the Haunted House although I understand this attraction would use a different ride system to what was originally planned and would likely open in 2021.

The Beginning- will receive a major refresh and modernisation with a new 10m high entrance portal and other improvement such as new ticket admin areas, covered queue line areas, extended toilets- construction set to possibly start by end of 2017.

The Big Shop- Plans to extend the Big shop by the entrance- separate planning application would be submitted for this with work set to start in 2018 if approved.

Accommodation- The resort plans a large Holiday lodge village- eventually consisting of 450 rooms. Built in 3 phases- Phase one would add 150 rooms. Consisting of 65 semi detached lodges (making 130 rooms) similar to Alton's enchanted village and set in clusters of 4. It would also feature 20 Lego Barrels’ similar to those in Legoland Deutschland. Work on phase one planned to start in 2018.

The parks also of plans for lots on back of house and infrastructure improvements including reconfiguring to make it easier and safer for people to park and surface car park E so can be used year round.

They'll have to wait until that NIMBY that was on BBC News last week moves or dies before they have a chance, after all to quote him, he has to ring the noise complaints line every weekend because the noise of kids enjoying themselves annoys him, so any expansion, especially on green belt land, will be vigorously opposed by him.

Hi guys. Just wanted to ask a quick question.

Was there ever a Lego attraction in Windsor before Legoland? I'm only asking because I was talking to my mum about Legoland the other day, and she was saying to me that she thinks she visited Legoland as a child in the early 1980's as part of a trip to Windsor. I told her that she couldn't have because Legoland didn't open until 1996, but she said to me that she definitely visited a Lego attraction in Windsor. Any help would be appreciated.

Speaking of Legoland, I will probably be visiting the park at the end of August.

It used to be Windsor Safari Park back then. The hill train is the same one that was there in the 80's.