• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Does anyone know if the Dragon runs with more than one train? I'm only asking because I was there on Thursday and it consistently had one of the longest queues on park, but the queue moved quite quickly. (The whole park was rammed, however).

Also, I could have sworn I heard ITHOTMK in the Dragon soundtrack.

I believe it's only been running 2 this summer.

As Islander said it can run 3 but was never really designed to. The 3rd train was intended as a spare to be swapped with 1 of the others if it had a problem, meaning there would always be 2 on the track.

It's only more recently that it started running all 3 trains. In theory it can improve the capacity if a train is being dispatched as quickly as possible but more often than not it just causes the trains to stack on the mid-ride lift hill.

Personally I'd rather have a longer wait and no stacking with 2 trains.

I think it's been running three every time I have visited. It was designed to run three, hence why it does.

I've never been to Legoland on really busy days, but the dragon has always been on two or three trains when I have visited,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, would you guys say that Legoland deals with large crowds well, because when I visited 5 days ago, the queues were incredibly long and all the pathways seemed rammed. Is that just because it was the summer holidays or is this a problem the park has often?

I don't think any UK park deals with crowds well. Least of all Legoland.
I'd say AT have the infrastructure to cope with large crowds well and have in the past they just don't staff for it. Legoland is just not designed for large crowds full stop. Small entrance, low capacity rides and convoluted narrow pathways.

I think that the park would be a nicer experience if it got less visitors than it does.

One of the golden rules to visiting Legoland is not to go during the summer holidays. It's always rammed, too popular for its own good. Avoide Easter Holidays as well.
Any weekday during the school terms are deserted (like now onwards) and the weekends during term time are reasonable.

I recommend going when their Fireworks are on. The parks normally busy but not Summer Holiday busy. Opening hours are a lot longer due to the Fireworks and the atmospher is great!

People I talk to often assume Merlin parks are "pay per ride" because of fastrack.

Looks like the family were having a great time judging by the smiles of their faces in them photos :rolleyes:

Surely it would have been cheaper and they would have got more ride time in, if they took the kids out of school during term time and paid the fine ;)

Also, would you guys say that Legoland deals with large crowds well, because when I visited 5 days ago, the queues were incredibly long and all the pathways seemed rammed. Is that just because it was the summer holidays or is this a problem the park has often?

The problem Legoland has is it is solely aimed at families with school age children.
With winter closing, and school holidays - they are effectively available around 120 days a year; with limited potential to spread trade out across the 240 ish days they open.

I know that is an issue at ALL theme parks; but it is particularly significant here.

The problem Legoland has is it is solely aimed at families with school age children.
With winter closing, and school holidays - they are effectively available around 120 days a year; with limited potential to spread trade out across the 240 ish days they open.

I know that is an issue at ALL theme parks; but it is particularly significant here.

I've noticed a lot of Facebook adverts for £20 student tickets for Thorpe Park, they are obviously trying to get students who don't go back to Uni for a week or two in now that younger kids are back to school.
As you say, Legoland can't do this, there isn't really as much of interest to young adults.

I've noticed a lot of Facebook adverts for £20 student tickets for Thorpe Park, they are obviously trying to get students who don't go back to Uni for a week or two in now that younger kids are back to school.
As you say, Legoland can't do this, there isn't really as much of interest to young adults.
What?!? Are you sure? I'm 33 and regularly visit legoland without the kids. Remember lego is a massive brand with a huge following! Yes the rides are aimed at children or younger ones but the models the details the items you can only buy in a legoland theme park have a massive appeal to people

Or I'm I'm just a nerd