• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

As a matter of fact, my Mum said to me when we were leaving that we were "getting a bit old for it now".

Or I'm I'm just a nerd

I think everyone on this forum is a nerd to some extent.....

I would probably rather go to Legoland than Thorpe Park. But I bet if you stood in a university and offered students £10 tickets to one park or the other the vast majority would choose Thorpe.

Bigger, older, fatter, greyer, balder.
And so much easier with the internet thingy.
Safe in the company of other nerds.
Still, better than being a weirdo, geek or fanboy.
Oh.

Yeah for about 20 years. If Legoland is ever brought up by non enthusiasts they often comment about the peeling, faded state of Miniland, glad to see some attention is finally being given at least!

If I was to go to legoland with GASP, without children clinging to my leg, would a be called a pedo and refused entry?
Or is that just the discovery centers that do that?

(I have never been to the discovery center, that example was a joke)

You don't need to have children to visit the main Legoland parks. I know plenty of adults that visit by themselves or as a group. I even know a few care groups for adults with disabilities that visit on a weekly basis, so I find it very unlikely such a rule would ever be put in place.

Sorry to bump the thread, but Legoland have today submitted an amended Haunted House application. The main difference between this and the original application is that the ride itself is described as a "spinning room" attraction, which SouthParks has presumed to be a Madhouse. The theming is also apparently a more generic spooky Lego theme as opposed to the Lego Monster Fighters theme that the Billund ride has. Here's a SouthParks article about the new application: https://www.southparks.co.uk/2018/0...e-plans-submitted-by-legoland-windsor-resort/
Sounds interesting to say the least. By the way, the ride will open in 2019 if the application is approved.

Not a fan of the building. Looks a bit of a mess now, but good news to hear it's now going to be a mad house and it's going ahead.

Are we sure they're referring to a mad house and not a version of the old "Vengeance" 5-D ride at London Dungeon?
We're not completely sure, but the plans seem to detail a ride that resembles a madhouse.

I wonder which manufacturer Merlin has chosen; Vekoma or Mack? Most likely Vekoma given that they built Hex, but as Hex was not a Merlin project and it was also built 18 years ago, I guess anything is possible!

New for 2019.
Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon: Rise of the Vengeance 5D; NEW for 2019! The world's first dark ride experience to fuse Derren Brown and prefixes, only at Thorpe Park Resort in 2019!