• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

I wonder what the capacity is going to be like? I assume they aren't building two side-by-side (like Soarin') so I imagine queues could be as bad as everywhere else at Legoland.
Especially if it's 4 riders per row as in the concept art. :eek:

Especially if it's 4 riders per row as in the concept art. :eek:

It won't be four to a full row, just a bay with several bays to a row, but Soarin' has eight to a bay and nine bays (three rows of three). I know most parks don't need the capacity that Disney does but Legoland Windsor just doesn't have enough high capcity attractions at all.

Soarin' seating
Soarin_Full_26769.jpg

I for one can't wait for this to open at Legoland, I think it looks brilliant and I love a flying theatre. I'm getting Flight of Passage VIBES from the concept although I'm not expecting Pandora :tearsofjoy:. Legoland always seems to have excellent themeing though so I'll look forward to visiting in the summer.

I wonder what the capacity is going to be like? I assume they aren't building two side-by-side (like Soarin') so I imagine queues could be as bad as everywhere else at Legoland.
Probably somewhere between 500 and 600pph. No doubt towards the lower end of that while social distancing restrictions are in place. Having just the one theatre is not going to help at all.

If Legoland wanted to they could be a great park, but continuously adding low capacity attractions just isn't helping them. I'm sure they could have fitted in a second theatre?

If Legoland wanted to they could be a great park, but continuously adding low capacity attractions just isn't helping them. I'm sure they could have fitted in a second theatre?
Ah well, at least Merlin haven't gone completely low capacity this year. There's always Gangsta Granny... oh, wait. Well at least there's Croc Drop... oh. Well, at least there's Black Mirror... ah.

Ah well, at least Merlin haven't gone completely low capacity this year. There's always Gangsta Granny... oh, wait. Well at least there's Croc Drop... oh. Well, at least there's Black Mirror... ah.
By comparison to them this will be a throughput machine :p

If anyone finds themself passing through Windsor the rides being built right in the bottom corner of the park so you can see it from near the entrance roundabout. I hadn't realised they hadn't announced the ride type yet because the theatre's been visible for months. It was only cladded recently.

Just looking at aerials of Legoland Windsor there are so so many things wrong with that park. It probably should never have gone on the former safari park site to start with. But it just doesn't feel like its evolved sensibly. The hotels take up a lot of space in the park that could have held attractions, I'm guessing planning is an issue but couldn't the hotels have gone further out? Now there is a boring walk round the lake past two hotels.
Also too many warehouses boxes in the middle of the park. Only Laser Raiders seems to have thought about it and that has the issue of crossing train tracks. The rapids were designed to fit round the maze but another ugly box has been splodged in-between again.
Warehouse boxes for rides should be on the outskirts of the park! It just feels like there was no overall plan for the park and is now just a hodge-podge.

Just looking at aerials of Legoland Windsor there are so so many things wrong with that park. It probably should never have gone on the former safari park site to start with. But it just doesn't feel like its evolved sensibly. The hotels take up a lot of space in the park that could have held attractions, I'm guessing planning is an issue but couldn't the hotels have gone further out? Now there is a boring walk round the lake past two hotels.
Also too many warehouses boxes in the middle of the park. Only Laser Raiders seems to have thought about it and that has the issue of crossing train tracks. The rapids were designed to fit round the maze but another ugly box has been splodged in-between again.
Warehouse boxes for rides should be on the outskirts of the park! It just feels like there was no overall plan for the park and is now just a hodge-podge.
There was nothing wrong with the parks original layout. I'd argue it's one of my favourite park layouts in terms of exploration and discovery.

But you are correct the current layout has become a mess. I'll defend the main Hotel as its location feeding into the park is actually a good idea. If the Jungle Coaster hadn't been built there I don't think anyone would have expected a major ride on that site, which is why it's no surprise that ride didn't last. But most the other additions have just been crammed in whatever space needed using.

There was nothing wrong with the parks original layout. I'd argue it's one of my favourite park layouts in terms of exploration and discovery.

Yes I also guess the park has moved from being more about exploration and showing off lego to being more attraction based and thats why they have squeezed things in odd places. But surely there must have been ways to get more buildings in the edges of the park rather than plonking it in the middle of a rapids.

But surely there must have been ways to get more buildings in the edges of the park rather than plonking it in the middle of a rapids.
Legoland went from the planned park layout in the country to the worst.

The contrast couldnt be bigger and it's kind of shocking the negative impacts this has had on the operations and visitors day out. But for 10 years they've carried on shoving things in regardless

Although Atlantis is more appropriately placed and seemingly this new area.

It’s the biggest thing that annoys me at Legoland, the placement of rides, especially when there seems to be options where things could go.

Eg you’ve got Mia shoved at the edge of the park, whilst on the ride you see all the back area, staff having a fag, loads of rubbish, etc. Then you have monster party bang in the middle of the park as a big tin shed. You could have flipped these rides and both would have looked far better. Then you’ve also got the god awful rapids on the hill, which just looks ugly from every possible angle. The only benefit ninjago has is to block half the ride from that side of the park. Even though that’s just a brown tin shed from most angles.

I don’t mind the hotels where they are, but it does leave a bit of a dead spot in the park. However I hate how they built a castle hotel randomly next to the other hotel, no where near the actual castle area of the park. It just looks odd and sticks out. They’ve only done that cause they are lazy and to save costs in a standard merlin way, because it will be a copy and paste hotel from one of the other Legoland parks. If they were designing it right, it would have been designed to fit in to that area of the park.

Randomly came across Theme Park Guides live blogs and Legoland is looking great at the moment. They definitely seem to care a lot more about the general presentation of the park compared to the Merlin RTPs, even if ride capacity isn’t great. Also it’s the parks 25th anniversary and Mini Land is getting a lot of work as most of it is now 25 years old.

https://live.themeparkguide.biz/?li...746.571049284.1618479905-814683635.1618331885

their other live reports from the uk parks are here https://themeparkguide.biz/live-events

Last edited:
There is clearly more dollar in ensuring the Legoland parks are up to scratch from a visual standpoint. But that was always bound to be the case, the larger-scale resort theme parks such as Alton Towers are very much not the owners priority, which is why I still hope that the non-Lego parks can be sold off to an organisation who will really inject money into existing rides and attractions in the next few years.