• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Not the best name in the world but hopefully they do a good job of it. I think it would have been a good about to put the Lego Ferrari deal on this as well, it would have been a good concept for a coaster like this.

Supports for the new Minifigure Speedway have been delivered.

Looks like on big lego set :)
minifigurespeedwaysupports-40.jpg

minifigurespeedwaysupports-09.jpg

minifigurespeedwaysupports-18.jpg

minifigurespeedwaysupports-23.jpg

To quote TPWW on their latest video watching construction of the ride, it is nice to see more brighter coloured coasters being built in this country of late.

It is quite funny how even though it is two shuttle coasters bolted together, it dwarfs everything else in the park by a great distance. In fact, I think it'll have a better throughput rating than what Mandril Mayham could ever do.

Well it'll be 20 people per train so 40 per dispatch, so it should be significantly higher throughput than MM - I'd imagine the ride duration should be very similar so it just comes down to loading times. That could be where this falls down due to LLW's demographics - lots of people with young children does not make for efficient operations.

To quote TPWW on their latest video watching construction of the ride, it is nice to see more brighter coloured coasters being built in this country of late.

It is quite funny how even though it is two shuttle coasters bolted together, it dwarfs everything else in the park by a great distance. In fact, I think it'll have a better throughput rating than what Mandril Mayham could ever do.

Will it be one queue and you're randomly assigned which track you'll be on or will there be an option to pick?

I haven't looked at the plans but I wouldn't be surprised if one side is fastrack/rap and the other is standby,

I haven't looked at the plans but I wouldn't be surprised if one side is fastrack/rap and the other is standby,
Will the FT/RAP allocation really be high enough to fill a whole side of a two-side duelling coaster?

Throughput-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if the two coasters put together exceed 1,000pph. The theoretical throughput of Vekoma's racing family boomerang is 1,250pph, and in terms of real-world attainment, Velociraptor at Paultons was attaining roughly 500pph on my visit there 2 years ago. With this in mind, I think at least 1,000pph across both sides sounds very attainable, possibly even a pessimistic estimate!

I've watched Rita running on 2/3 FT & RAP, so yes.

The plan drawing on page 75 suggests a single main queue line with a Qbot/RAP merge at the point where the queue splits for the two sides. In practice it's likely that one side will be mainly Qbot and one side main queue.

That would be a shame as you'd be denying everyone the opportunity to ever experience both.

I like Mandrill Mayhem's and Wicker Man's system where it's essentially random and anyone can sit anywhere. Always seems a bit cruel to deprive RAP customers of ever experiencing front seats etc on rides like Vampire.

That would be a shame as you'd be denying everyone the opportunity to ever experience both.

I like Mandrill Mayhem's and Wicker Man's system where it's essentially random and anyone can sit anywhere. Always seems a bit cruel to deprive RAP customers of ever experiencing front seats etc on rides like Vampire.

It's not "cruel" it just means that there's less distance to travel in the event of an evacuation.

Best not do that though, would make getting both creds burdenous.

Looking at the plans what John has described is correct.

Both queues merge just to the left of the staircase and platform lift. They are then split to the left and right around the stairs to bring guests into either side of the station.
The exit is in the middle, leading to the stairs and lift. This takes guests down a level so they can exit on the wider path to the left of the station. This path has a few switch backs, not because it is a queue but because it exits further down the hill and would require stairs otherwise.

llwboomerang02.jpg

Based on this there's no reason guests from each queue can be equally split between platforms. It'll all depend on the team running the ride that day.