• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Towseriv said:
I visited today and have a question, why is there no signs about queue jumping?

One word: Q-bot, It's a thing that lets you queue jump.

People do queue jump at theme parks, even more annoying in the atlantis queue: "Oh i stopped to buy something, but my husband is saving my place in the queue.

Q-Bot have there own entrance so aren't part of this problem ;) (although I disagree on its use for exactly the same reason)

While the Queue jumping rules are still in place I think the reason they aren't highlighted as much is because kids (especialy those as young as Legoland get) very frequently do need to leave the queue to use the loo. Of course you could let the kid just relive themselves there or on the ride but that might cause more disruption :S

It depends which ride your on but I've found most staff if asked can find ways to allow a kid and a parent to leave for the loo that doesn't disrupt everyone else. Unfortunately the group in question clearly didn't ask or do it in a very considerate way, as shown by their choice of language when questioned.

In my experience, Legoland is worse than Thorpe for queue jumpers. There is something about parents that seems to make them think they have the right to do whatever they want, whenever they want, just because they have a young child with them. And god help anyone who dares question them, because their sprog is perfect in every way.
In fact, there is no point in trying to stop them queue jumping, because 95% of the queue is made up of other parents with small brats who always take the side of the guilty parent. After all, anyone who doesn't have three screaming stenchbags with them, and dares to try and stop a child from queue jumping must be a kiddy-fiddler ::)

My kids are pestering me to take them to Legoland, but last time we went (2 years ago) it was so busy that we left around lunchtime - to be fair it was a bank holiday, but the queues were insane, an hour just for the small kiddy rides and well over 90 minutes for the main rides (the underwater one, the dragon coaster etc).

Is Legoland normally so much busier than Chessington/AT? or did I just happen to pick the worse possible day.

Thanks!

It's never easy to tell but some rides will usually have a long queue, an example of this is laser raiders.

I was more puzzled by how the simple rides like the frog hopper only ever have a 5 minute queue at Alton and Chessington, yet had a 50 minute queue at Legoland. Is that normal? If so I'll convince the kids to go elsewhere :D

RoyalFool said:
I was more puzzled by how the simple rides like the frog hopper only ever have a 5 minute queue at Alton and Chessington, yet had a 50 minute queue at Legoland. Is that normal? If so I'll convince the kids to go elsewhere :D

I think it's more the multitude of little people that causes the queues

Damn, I figured the fact it had more kiddy rides would offset that it has more kids there than the other parks. Oh well, I'll give it a shot - if it's anywhere near as bad as last time I can always get in the car and drive 30 minutes to chessington.

I think one key thing with LegoLand is try and get there before ride opening, then once the gates open its best to head down to the other end of the park, probably starting with Laser raiders (as that gets massive queues), and work your way up. then finish off with the rides nearest the entrance. Also if its going to be a nice sunny day, get the water rides done with early.

Having finally visited Legoland today, it was hard for me to be critical of the place without remembering that I'm simply not the target audience. Having said that, I was surprised that there were no real big rides. Even Dragon was relatively tame for a kids coaster, albeit enjoyable.

I think that's why the rides, no matter how tame, get such big queues. Because the rides seem to be aimed at 3-10 year olds, with nothing for those older, everyone just goes on whatever they aren't too big for. That's why they could do with some bigger rides, ones around the size that Chessington has.

I was also surprised with just how expensive the place is. A two piece chicken meal costs £7.50, £1 more than at the other parks. And their version of Burger Kitchen has adult meals starting at £8.95. It's easy to see why the place is a cash cow.

But then, I'm probably just a jaded enthusiast. If I were 10 or younger, or even there with kids that age, the park would surely come into its own.

Also, I like the LEGO Star Wars exhibit. And Squid Surfer.

hobohippie95 said:
Just make sure you pack a picnic next time.

Thankfully we'd eaten at the fantastic Roast and Relish at Thorpe before making the journey to Legoland.

Hi

I've been trying to find a Legoland forum without any success - hope this one is still going.

Wanted to say 'hi' to everyone - i'm a merlin passholder and go mainly to Chessington and Legoland.

Thinking this year of going to the Legoland fireworks but have heard horrendous things about them - has anyone on here been to a firework night at Legoland?

Thanks so much.

Brad

Like any park during an event, it can be hell... Even more so because children and their parents not giving a crap as long as Tristan gets his way...

I have a query actually, what are the lengths of the Dragon coasters at Windsor? I need to know but rcdb lacks the info </3

Benzin said:
I have a query actually, what are the lengths of the Dragon coasters at Windsor? I need to know but rcdb lacks the info </3
I *think* 14 rows, 28 seats. That sounds right to me, but could be wrong... I can check next time I'm in the area and let you know ;)

Islander said:
Benzin said:
I *think* 14 rows, 28 seats. That sounds right to me, but could be wrong... I can check next time I'm in the area and let you know ;)

No not the length of the trains, the length of the track... It's pretty obvious how many rows/seats they both have, but there's no info on the ride stats (speed/length/etc)...

loxley108 said:
Hi

I've been trying to find a Legoland forum without any success - hope this one is still going.

Wanted to say 'hi' to everyone - i'm a merlin passholder and go mainly to Chessington and Legoland.

Thinking this year of going to the Legoland fireworks but have heard horrendous things about them - has anyone on here been to a firework night at Legoland?

Thanks so much.

Brad

The fireworks themselves were great, and good if you have kids with you. They are more family, story centred than musical.

Attractions wise the queues were, but normally always are, dire. Good hour long queues at least for most things, 2 hours for some of the driving school stuff etc.

But the fireworks were good, and we did have a good day, but were slightly older and weren't going to certain attractions. If you get a decent ticket price, and take in the diving show and lunch, it's easy enough to have a brill day.

Screamscape said:
2014/2015 - (12/11/13) According to this article Legoland Windsor is planning to redevelop the Pirate Training Camp area of the park and add new replacement attractions. No timeline was given.

Sounds like something quite big, given that they promised it'll bring in a significant increase in visitors.