• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Lightwater Valley

When did they get rid of the enterprise?

Black Widow’s Web was down in July last year when I went, with a few of the gondolas removed by the side of the ride. It looked in a sorry state really. I think at the time it was thought to have been on its way out. Wonder where it went.

Lightwater is a fun day out and has a nice family atmosphere, there simply aren’t enough rides I like to warrant visiting much. The boat water slides were fun, the steep one was ace, but there really wasn’t much for me other than The Ultimate.

Completely agree with you.

Black pearl is worth it now slammer has gone and Raptor Attack isn’t too bad as long as queue keeps moving. And Eagles claw is amazing, much better than Vortex at Thorpe.

They’ve replaced Black Widow with waltzers, really loud and better than expected.

2nuj337.jpg

Thunderdome: a vision of hell itself, in my eyes. I’d have to be paid an extortionate amount of cash to be strapped into said spinning monstrosity.

Raptor Attack is a bit disappointing. I can’t remember what the rules are on filling the cars, something to do with having to have taller riders on the back seats is it? Anyway, what looked like a small queue took ages to clear and as it looked like we were about to board, there was so much messing about in the station about who was sitting where, and 4 man trains being sent out with 2 riders on (despite it being a party of 4!) that it felt like we’d never get on

I love Lightwater Valley, but it's too awkward to get to without a car, plus all the problems mentioned above. They really need some another family or small thrill coaster. Waltzers are popular though, looks like a nice addition!

Last time I visited the only thing I really wanted to re-ride was the Ultimate but as mentioned earlier on one train the queue is too long.

@Dipper_Dave I'm sure back in 2012 there were more theming elements in the building? Compared to in 2016. The capacity always sucked but I remember the actual ride being pretty cool! I can't quite remember

Last time I visited the only thing I really wanted to re-ride was the Ultimate but as mentioned earlier on one train the queue is too long.

BPB gets a bashing when The Big One is on one train even on a reasonably busy day (we don't need to get into that here), but given that The Ultimate is really Lightwater's ONLY big ride, certainly its flagship ride, surely into peak school trip / school holiday season, it should ALWAYS be on 2 trains, presuming of course that they are both serviceable. To have that station full and people knowing that the queue will not move whatsoever for 10 whole minutes after the train is loaded up, whilst a train sits doing nothing to the side of the lift hill is poor.

BPB gets a bashing when The Big One is on one train even on a reasonably busy day (we don't need to get into that here), but given that The Ultimate is really Lightwater's ONLY big ride, certainly its flagship ride, surely into peak school trip / school holiday season, it should ALWAYS be on 2 trains, presuming of course that they are both serviceable. To have that station full and people knowing that the queue will not move whatsoever for 10 whole minutes after the train is loaded up, whilst a train sits doing nothing to the side of the lift hill is poor.
Exactly, it wouldn't be so bad if Lightwater Valley had another major ride to spread out the queue. Not to mention Ultimate is very much a "marmite coaster", but for those who don't like it there's not much else in the way of thrills now that the Whirlwind and Enterprise have closed :(

I think I may have been on that waltzer. Possibly at Goose Fair a few years back? I seem to remember it being a good one.

Completely agree with you.

They’ve replaced Black Widow with waltzers, really loud and better than expected.

2nuj337.jpg

Blimey that thing has been back and forth to Lightwater Valley for years! It's owned by John Armitage and you've most likely done it at Hull I think @DiogoJ42, although not a regular at Goose so no idea if it turned up there in the past too. They've leased rides to LWV for years now, and this one crops up fairly often.

I'm guessing these will be set up as waltzers now thanks to good old health and safety. Back when we went on school trips to LWV, they had this at the entrance where the chair swings are setup as a Speedway. Sat on a wooden motorbike holding on for dear life onto the handlebars was amazingly terrifying as a kid!

J.Armitage_s_Thunderdome_Ark6.jpg

J.Armitage_s_Thunderdome_Ark8.jpg

Could of been Hull. Your guess is as good as mine mate.

.... I was probably drunk. ;)

I vaguely remember seeing one of those Speedways as a kid at my local fair. Had completely forgotten they existed.

People go on about Towers' closed outlets and stuff, but jeez Lightwater is in a worrying state in that sense...

A hot Sunday and all queues were walk on (even the Rapids) after lunchtime (Twister had the longest one because Twister)... But a lot of shut food places (the one opposite Ultimate completely shut, and seemingly for a while) and shops is making me think things are truly desperate there...

People go on about Towers' closed outlets and stuff, but jeez Lightwater is in a worrying state in that sense...

A hot Sunday and all queues were walk on (even the Rapids) after lunchtime (Twister had the longest one because Twister)... But a lot of shut food places (the one opposite Ultimate completely shut, and seemingly for a while) and shops is making me think things are truly desperate there...
Were the food outlets that were open busy? I guess why waste money staffing food outlets if they're not needed.

I am worried about Lightwater Valley in general. They seem to have had a lot of temporary attractions with not much of note installed since the Angry Birds.

Were they running two trains on the Ultimate?

Were the food outlets that were open busy? I guess why waste money staffing food outlets if they're not needed.

I am worried about Lightwater Valley in general. They seem to have had a lot of temporary attractions with not much of note installed since the Angry Birds.

Were they running two trains on the Ultimate?

Nah didn't seem that overally busy, though didn't go near the Harbour one at lunchtime...

Two trains were on Ultimate, which was a gift!

Angry Birds isn't even Angry Birds anymore........

It's a shame because it's got a half decent line up for a park of it's size... Shame some of the plans over the last decade fizzled out...

Back when we went on school trips to LWV, they had this at the entrance where the chair swings are setup as a Speedway. Sat on a wooden motorbike holding on for dear life onto the handlebars was amazingly terrifying as a kid!

I vaguely remember seeing one of those Speedways as a kid at my local fair. Had completely forgotten they existed.

There's a great Speedway at Dreamland, Margate.

It has 3 speed settings - the fastest of which is only used for adult only rides upon request during quiet times.

Shit myself :tearsofjoy:

MEI617ZSFDIO5WXSGSTI.jpg

Last edited:
Went on one of those a few years ago.. and very nearly fell off. :eek:

Going to LWV in two weeks. :) Haven't been for a very long time.