• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Merlin and Alton Towers are bound to come up in discussion on an Alton Towers forum in a country where the major theme parks are all operated by Merlin. It's only natural, especially when other parks around Europe are operated in a way we wish ours could be.

:)

Liseberg have posted another teaser video regarding next year's new attraction:

And the website states this:
Liseberg said:
In the sweltering heat, amongst heavy smoke and burning fire, something takes shape from the soot covered hands of the blacksmith – a mechanical construction that’s never been seen before. With an alchemist's knowledge, he creates the perfect element, and when the machine is set in motion a force awakens ...

Do you have the courage?

Got to give them credit, if it is just a star shape these videos and story for it are really good lol!

Might have to watch they don't raise expectations a little too high, after Helix, with great promo, they could score a home goal here, which would be a great shame!

Posted 14 hours ago. Nobody bothered? ;)

Liseberg said:
At Last! 2015 years vrålåk is here-Mechanica! We have taken the best of all the scary rides and added extra everything. Mechanica is 5 metres higher than SpinRock, commutes 60 degrees more than "the lipstick" and the seats spins freely 360 degrees-as on old TopSpin. All of you who guessed and wanted just a new attraction that TopSpin, Rainbow or a tougher SpinRock will love the Mechanica. And all of you who guessed right-well done! Mechanica is a special version of the Star Shape.

I love the name! Sexy. :)

It seems odd that there aren't more Star Shapes. Maybe Bling has put parks off; I never rode it, but I did try AIR at Winter Wonderland a few years back. It was fun, looked quite imposing and seemed like the sort of good quality piece of kit you'd expect from Zierer. I certainly preferred it to Top Scans, those over-hyped monstrosities that are rubbish on tame sequences and mostly unpleasant when being given a hammering on manual control. It wasn't overly memorable though, which is perhaps a problem for a flat of that size.

I gave that video a quick watch this morning before work. I can't say I'm keen on the name and I doubt I'll be getting excited about the ride itself, but it should complement their existing good selection of flats nicely. I'd love to go back next year, so if it happens I might as well wait until this is open.

I rode bling many years ago and remember really enjoying it; I think this should be a good addition for Liseberg. Parks adding thrill flats is somewhat of a rarity these days.

In even better news, IMAScore are making the soundtrack for the ride! :D

I find these sort of rides incredibly boring, but considering they had a large investment year in 2014 it would be unreasonable to expect a huge spend.

This seems to have been completely missed on here, but Liseberg have announced that they will run a Halloween event next year from 24 October until 1 November.

1794685_942981712398062_7158815175393110119_n.jpg

"Something has happened at Liseberg. A huge autumn storm has blown apart the entire park and strange creatures have been blown out of the sky. And wait a minute! Did not touch it there scarecrow just wear?

When darkness falls over the park sneaks enchanted creatures with magical powers up. Some with pointy hats, some with large warts and loose teeth and some who just want to play around and offer sweets. But there are also areas that are filled with both darkness and horror. Neighborhoods that may seem like a nightmare. If you end up there, be sure to come from there. Rapidly."

They seem to have already announced the line-up:

Do you dare?
Among the fallen trees and shattered market stalls opens the gates to a chaotic park
Maybe you need to jump - sometimes right , sometimes to the left to take you forward . A broom would not have been wrong to have . But be careful so that they do not swipe you down !
blaGangen232.jpg

BEWARE !
Horrific creatures pop up from nowhere and they just want to see you hurt. They are avoiding the daylight arrives when darkness falls on . Insane screams and staring eyes that follow every step you take . Here, no one is safe , least of all you
Hamnkvarteret232x150px.jpeg

SUGAR SWEET & SCARY GOOD !
A lightning strike has got the candy store to explode and witches delight the whole area is covered with creepy candy. Do you dare try a finger or a hanging eye?
GodislandetpPRINT232x150px.jpeg

TRICK OR TREAT!
Windthrown witches take the company of rabbits in the festivities that prevails in Kaninlandet. Broom workshops , broom parking and delightfully mischievous show in a mess. Trick and Treats to everyone and maybe you can get a hug from a real witch too!
kaninlandetNy232.jpg

Interesting! Their season normally runs until the last weekend in September so not sure if they will remain open longer or close and then re-open for Halloween. Not too surprised that they are dipping into the Halloween market though.

Temleh on CF said:
When Helix was announced by Liseberg, CEO Andreas Anderson said the ride would open with various theming elements unfinished. Some examples are ivy surrounding the station latticework, details on the walls in the queue, a waterfall at the bottom of one of the drops and on-ride audio (speakers already exist on the trains if you look).

It looks like the ride will re-open in 2015 with all of these features finished, making the coaster even more incredible than it already is. Does anyone else know more about this? I've heard the on-ride photo camera is changing location but have nothing to back this up other than hearsay. Hopefully this is true as your photo was taken on arguably the dullest part of the ride in 2014.

Matt.
Temleh on CF said:
This off season Mack are evaluating the trains to try and remove some of the rattle Helix has, which is good!

This virtual POV shows the planned waterfall.

And I imagine the reorganising of the station queue line is still going to go ahead?

An already astonishing ride is about to come close to scraping perfection.

Reactions: Sam
Front row at night with the audio blasting...

Just think about that for a moment. Suddenly I can no longer think of anywhere else I'd rather be.

£31 return in January. Finding cheap accommodation on top of that and perhaps some of Liseberg's wonderful hospitality added to the mix, and you're looking at a very cheap and cheerful weekend (providing you can go without alcohol ;) )