• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

I wonder, was 'Banan one of those rides that used to be a major thrill ride ... twenty years ago when it was the biggest ride they had? In the same way that Corkscrew was a major thrill when it was new, but over the years, as other rides got more extreme, it was relegated to "family thrill".

I wonder, was 'Banan one of those rides that used to be a major thrill ride ... twenty years ago when it was the biggest ride they had? In the same way that Corkscrew was a major thrill when it was new, but over the years, as other rides got more extreme, it was relegated to "family thrill".

I'd imagine that is pretty spot on. Looking at it today before riding it does look like a big long family coaster with a thrill element. I think it's very good at what it does.

I get what people are saying about Lisberg not having many stand out attractions when you look past Helix, to an extent. But for what is an amusment park in a city centre with limited space I can't have too many complaints about what is there.

:)

Let's put this into perspective, if this was in Birmingham City Centre I can't imagine people complaining :D

I wish they would.

I imagine there's one or two people here who would look past Helix and quite happily return for Jukebox.

Now that is the most overrated thing in the park! :p

It's superb fun by all means, but I agree it wasn't anything that mindblowing :p However I'd happily conclude Balder is the most overrated ride. How it managed to obtain its original title is beyond me.

Reactions: Sam
If Banan was at a Merlin, sorry, M£rlin park then you would rip it to shreds.
Why would it be ripped to shreds if it was at a Merlin park? It's a good coaster, doesn't matter which park it is in.

This is the thing with these sort of debates. I am being a bit of a 'critical friend' with regards to Liseberg. As I have repeated - I did enjoy it and would happily return, but beyond Helix, it genuinely doesn't actually offer me a great deal. Yes - it's nice. Yes - they have some good filler. But no - the coasters don't quite do what I reckon they should.

With reference to Lisebergbanan, I disagree. I don't think it was ever "thrill". The reason? Because Olympia Looping, Knightmare and Alpina Bahn are all from the same era of coasters and are far more thrilling than Banan. As a family ride, it's fine. And I guess that is what it is - but I would rather a Vekoma MK-900 M or something.

Like I said though, I think I expected more force from it and also the fact it doesn't do enough directional changes which many Anton Schwarzkopf coasters are praised for.

I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ... I will not rise to the bait ...

Not remotely true because it would have been built BEFORE the money, sorry, magic makers, got their hands on it.

Forget the figures, didn't Andreas have a goatee??!

I think that will be far more important to many members here!

Has anyone heard anything new about the proposed upgrades Helix is supposed to be getting this closed season? Last I saw, it was supposed to be getting more theming added and MACK were coming in to have a look at the trains to get rid of some rattle!

Has anyone heard anything new about the proposed upgrades Helix is supposed to be getting this closed season? Last I saw, it was supposed to be getting more theming added and MACK were coming in to have a look at the trains to get rid of some rattle!
I have been hearing rumors these last few days that Liseberg and Mack Rides have made some modifications on the trains and got the vibration levels lower then Blue Fire. These modifications include new wheel bearings and I forgot what else has been mentioned.

Blue Fire does not noticeably vibrate at all so if they've got it lower than that it's great news!

So that essentially means Helix is smoother than glass? Combined with on-board audio and hopefully a redesigned station queue line, AND extra landscaping/theming?

My favourite ride is about to rest in its own league compared to anything else.

I didn't notice any vibration at all on Helix, so this is quite a claim! I think a return trip is definately needed at some point, to see if onboard audio makes as much difference as we all said it would.

I didn't notice any vibration at all on Helix, so this is quite a claim! I think a return trip is definately needed at some point, to see if onboard audio makes as much difference as we all said it would.

Back row had a lot, it wasn't painful in any way but it rattled around a bit.