• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Blooloop have posted a really good article by Andreas Andersen, who I actually going to be the Chairman of IAAPA in 2018.

He states that they are investing €200 million into Liseberg over the coming years but after Valkyria the expansion will focus on the new waterpark and hotel. He says these additions are key to keep a low cost base. Once the new hotel is open they are planning on selling their existing Hotel Liseberg Heden.

:)

Good. The current hotel is nowhere near the park, and while perfectly acceptable accomodation, does not reflect the standards we have come to expect from a theme ammusement park hotel in the 21st century.

Reactions: Dan
A newer and larger onsite hotel with a water park, certainly sounds an excellent and worthwhile addition and will help sustain the park during the forseable future.

Judging from the article, it sounds like investments of new rides may simmer down for a little while, which isn't necessarily an awful thing. Especially given the great amount of investments we've received and that there's practically no where they can expand.

In other news, the Fairy Tale Castle took it's last flight on the 27th August, which is now likely underway of being demolished to make way for part of Valkyria.

Rest in piece to the most bizarre dark ride in existence. I really hope the park install another dark ride in the near future as it's one of the things the park severely lacks.

Last edited:
Track has arrived!

It surprises me slightly that we still haven't learnt the fate of Kanonen yet, I'd have thought a park somewhere would be recieving and opening it in 2018.

Andreas takes over as chairman in 2018. He's currently First Vice Chair for 2017 and will move up to chairman next year. The current second vice chair moves up to first vice (VP at Monterey Bay Aquarium) who will chair in 2019, and next year's second vice chair - Amanda Thompson, will take the chair during 2020.

A couple of videos from Liseberg showing progress on Valkyria:

Still look to be a little way of vertical construction but hopefully we will see something soon!

According to the normally reliable RoomRaider on CoasterForce, it's been sold, taken down, and shipped to ...?, it seems to have disappeared from enthusiast radars for now though

Now you've revealed it Diogo we're going to have to zero the forum before we get sued!

It'll probably turn up in 5 years time at Southport as spare for the big wheel or whatever they do with rides these days.

Soo is that track white and gold or errm blue and black? :p

Another Valkyria construction update, complete with an interview from a very Northern chap at B&M who was also involved with Oblivion!