• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Valkyria's lift hill is starting to rise:

26994153_1962720130424210_4607574466117146067_n.jpg

:)

They’re cutting it quite fine if they want it to be open by the 28th April, as RCDB suggests. I’m still optimistic that it could be open by April if they get a wriggle on, though.

They’re cutting it quite fine if they want it to be open by the 28th April, as RCDB suggests. I’m still optimistic that it could be open by April if they get a wriggle on, though.

They're not planning on having this open from the start of the season. I believe they are aiming for summer 2018.

The coaster should go up fairly quickly now but this is meant to have a hugely impressive themed station building!

Vest Restraints! :( booo i say. Boooo !

Why is that? The vest restaints allow for elements such as the heartline roll on this (such an inversion would be rather uncomfortable with a standard B&M OTSR).

So long as they don't tighten mid-ride I have no problem with them!

@Rob What am I missing? Uncomfortable because of the width of the train?

End of April doesn't look impossible at this stage. These new B&Ms go up in a heartbeat.

@Rob What am I missing? Uncomfortable because of the width of the train?

I am merely making an assumption, but it appears that B&M are using inversions such as heartline rolls/inline twists taken at a slower speed more widely on coasters that have their vest restraints. This, Banshee, the Wing Coasters, the planned Invert at Grona Lund (which I assume will also have vest restraints).

The main complaint about the vest restraints on Valravn was that it took away from the floaty feeling on the vertical drop that you get on other dive coasters.

The main complaint about the vest restraints on Valravn was that it took away from the floaty feeling on the vertical drop that you get on other dive coasters.
Yeah that's pretty fair to be honest but I don't worry about that sort of thing, I know it's a big deal to some though.

@Rob In terms of slow inversions, perhaps they are happier to do those now but the slowest of them all (Hydra) is fine with the old restraints.

Reactions: Rob
@Rob In terms of slow inversions, perhaps they are happier to do those now but the slowest of them all (Hydra) is fine with the old restraints.

Ah, I'd heard the opposite! Like anything though, it will all depend on the individual rider.

So a little over a week ago, only the lift hill had gone up. Now the layout is nearing completion with only the drop and immelmann left. Lond over on TPR has plenty of new photos:

thumb_bild00015_8.jpg

I've already decided that's going to be my favourite section of the ride :hearteyes:!

Shame about the delays as I was hoping to go in the summer. Does the pass for Liseberg with the EP clubclard expire one year after picking up the passes at EP?