• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Definitely not, it won't do the silly stopping around the top corner as presumably they were testing the braking systems up there when filming this...
Brilliant, so it should run a bit faster, then! Thanks @Benzin; I did think the stopping at the top looked a bit different to how other Dive Coasters negotiate their turns.

Slightly less hyped for this after Valvarn but we will see. Dive machines are much better with the standard B&M restraints!

Looks lovely though!

:)

just about to book for end fo august, good thing I checked, they are closed all week :(

I went to book a trip for October just now. Luckily I checked as they don't appear to be open that weekend, I definitely advise not to assume they are open.

I noticed they are open in December, does anyone know if the rides are all open or whether it's an reduced festive line up? I can't seem to find clear information anywhere.

Edit: Sadly the rides aren't open in December :(

Last edited:
join the club, cant believe how many closed days there are, and no open weekends line up with when I can go. Guess I'll be waiting til next year now for my visit

Liseberg is a really good park - sublime in fact. But I really don't rate their operations as highly as some.

Helix and Valkyria stacking all 3 trains on a regular basis, Balder stacks and Helix's queue closed at 9:30pm on an 11pm close??

Also following on from the recent discussions regarding queue times at BPB, the averages for Liseberg have been fairly high today;

Helix 60-80 mins
Balder 50-60 mins
Vakyria 80-100 mins
Lisebergbanan 30 - 50
Flats ranged from 50-80 mins
Water rides 50-60 mins

The rides are excellent however and the rapids/flume are both queue shifters!

Hmm, sounds like Helix could be suffering from the addition of the pointless seatbelts, though to be honest I didn't think operations were that great back in 2014. Double stacking Valkria means the capacity must be appalling with only 18 people per train, queues of well over an hour for flat rides is bonkers too.

I'd forgotten they closed the queues early as on my last visit we had to leave before park close. It's such an annoying policy and makes day planning extremely difficult.

On my phone so can't currently link, but there's an interview PBE conducted with Andreas about the adding of the seatbelts purely as an additional level of safety.

This best imply they tend to knock further seconds off the ride time...

I've not heard of any Mack restraint problems. And given the ammount of EP geeks round these parts, I'm pretty sure we all would have heard if there was an issue with the restraints we all love.