• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Curious to understand the economics behind this. They had to rip to down, ship it half way across the world, redo all the civil work and rebuild it to end up with a ride that's an absolute pain in the backside to operate and maintain.

Also it's not very good.

Also that colour.

Was it a good coaster?

I remember when it first opened and thinking it looked brilliant. Launch coaster innovation has developed a lot since then though so it looks pretty basic now.

It was perfectly fine and acceptable at the time it was built, but Helix made it virtually redundant (the park's words from our BTS in 2016). Nothing spectacular, but would have suited a park like Drayton easily. The padded OTSRs made for a slightly more comfortable experience than Rita and Stealth also.

I'm genuinely glad it's got a second chance. The launch and top hat may have been somewhat pitiful to watch from off-ride, but actually it's a solid coaster for a park starting from the ground up without being able to invest in major hardware.

I quite liked Kanonen, especially on the front row where it did pack a bit of a punch. As Danny says it would have been perfect for somewhere like Drayton and I am glad that its new home is not the scrap yard.

Reactions: Tim
I’m glad that Kanonen has got a new home, but it’s shame about the colour scheme, which looks like they are about to plonk it down somewhere in RCT.

Liseberg reopened at the start of June, and this also meant that their new dark ride Underlandet finally opened. Here’s a POV:

Well isn’t that a wonderfully cute little ride! There looks to be a fair bit of animation in there (as in, moving scenery), and the scenes look wonderfully detailed!

Good job, Liseberg!

Could be mistaken for listening to a Chiapas POV if you close your eyes.

I've not watched the whole thing as I want to experience it properly in person. However, from what I did see, it looks perfectly pleasant and a suitable addition to the area. It's certainly a massive leap in comparison to the laughable pile of garbage that was Fairytale Castle....

Some BTS shots of the new dark ride from ride manufacturer Gosetto:

Wonder what they'll be removing for this new area, if anything. They don't have a great deal of free land.

I was reading the other day too that they want to build a hyper coaster at some point too. Amazing.

Looks like it's more of a retheme of the area at the top of the hill where the SkyFly is sat.

Could do with more things up there as the area was fairly lifeless and empty (beyond Lisebergbanan running round).