• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Looks like it's more of a retheme of the area at the top of the hill where the SkyFly is sat.

Could do with more things up there as the area was fairly lifeless and empty (beyond Lisebergbanan running round).

Totally agree. Lisebergbanan is ace though. What a beauty!

Another Vekoma family boomerang.

Joy.

The world's tallest and fastest no less. ;)

I'm not adverse to parks putting them in, but the return is so lacklustre without some form of boost on the spire. At least this one should benefit from the views over the park.

A couple of exciting years coming up for Liseberg. May have to book some consecutive visitings in, subject to how much I would be able to sell my house for.

Family boomerang's are perfectly good at what they do and the audience they are aimed at. The one at Paulton's had a nice little kick to it I thought too.

With boomerangs the layout can make so much difference, Light Explorers at Energylandia is loads of fun as the layout is basically straight so it doesn't lose pace quickly.

The new hotel is due to open in 2023 as well. But yeah I stayed in Gothenburg for 4 nights in 2019 and it was nearly £400.

joke-not-getting-the-joke.gif
Did I know you were joking? Yes :mad:
Did your response make me feel awkward/stupid? Yes :(

Can't say the rides being added are anything special here, but it sure looks the part. Very Tivoli Gardens.

I did the Nebulaz thing at Walibi Rhone Alpes, they're better to watch than to ride but are certainly pleasant enough.

First trip to Liseberg since 2014 next year, I hope...

Can't say the rides being added are anything special here, but it sure looks the part. Very Tivoli Gardens.

I did the Nebulaz thing at Walibi Rhone Alpes, they're better to watch than to ride but are certainly pleasant enough.

First trip to Liseberg since 2014 next year, I hope...

Narrator:

Its 2028, The omega variant wipes out half of Europe… Dan still hasn’t made it to Liseberg!

Looking at Liseberg on RCDB, I actually think that this coaster could provide a very nice middle-ground coaster that the park currently lacks.

RCDB suggests that Liseberg currently has no middle ground coaster-wise between Rabalder (Zierer Force Two, which I'd almost class as a kiddie coaster) and their big thrill rides, so I think this should fill that void quite nicely, personally!

So in that regard; I think it'll be a really nice addition!

Looking at Liseberg on RCDB, I actually think that this coaster could provide a very nice middle-ground coaster that the park currently lacks.

RCDB suggests that Liseberg currently has no middle ground coaster-wise between Rabalder (Zierer Force Two, which I'd almost class as a kiddie coaster) and their big thrill rides, so I think this should fill that void quite nicely, personally!

So in that regard; I think it'll be a really nice addition!

Lisebergbanen

Lisebergbanen
Ah, I think I was fooled by Lisebergbanan being listed "Extreme" on RCDB... it is still a pretty big ride, though, with a near 150ft height and a 50mph top speed.

This ride will close the gap even further!

Ah, I think I was fooled by Lisebergbanan being listed "Extreme" on RCDB... it is still a pretty big ride, though, with a near 150ft height and a 50mph top speed.

This ride will close the gap even further!
A prime example of how going by statistics can be misleading. You'd think its 150ft high in the air followed by a sheer drop.

It's a family friendly coaster and possibly the best one in the world from a coaster nerd perspective due to the forces and pacing.

There’s not much that excites me about this addition. The theme is okay, albeit the industrial/steampunk theme now feels a little stagnant. The ride hardware all seems mediocre, especially when compared to some of Liseberg’s other rides.

Throwing it out there:

I was disappointed with Lisebergbanan when I first rode it in 2014. I think I was expecting something a bit more forceful. Knightmare was better - hands down.

Still a nice ride for the family, and indeed performs that middle-ground position in the park.

I agree with Dan that it looks very Tivoli gardens, however it certainly looks like it will fit in with the park. I wonder if they will slightly re theme those rides at the top of the park. From the concepts it looks like it’s just going near their carousel, kids play area and the air race thing.