• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

I've been looking on their website at the pricing,

Here are a couple of examples;

Saturday 19th August
Hotel Grand Curiosa - £175.00 Bed & Breakfast
Alton Towers Hotel - £256.00 Bed & Breakfast
Based on 2 adults

Sunday 15th October
Hotel Grand Curiosa - £115.00 Bed & Breakfast
Alton Towers Hotel - £146.00 Bed & Breakfast
Based on 2 adults

For the quality and the proximity, plus the fact Sweden is a pretty expensive place to visit - I rescind my comment and say it's very good value!

Not to make anyone jealous but. I stayed there this week, as part of the ECC hotel/park preview event.

The new Curiosa hotel is just gorgeous and lavish with details. From its deocorative lobby, lift music and gorgeous rooms. You can certainly tell the park have taken some inspiration from the hotels at the likes of Europa and Phantasialand.

Whilst not without its faults, the park was generally tidy and well presented (unlike some) and most of the staff seemed both happy and professional. Andreas (park CEO) loves what he does and passionate towards the future of the park.

The new Oceana water park looks promising and already better than Splash in its first phase. This is how you run a park and hotel Merlin.

I'm sure it's going to be the cost of a small family car to stay here for the night - but at least it's going to be worth it.
Might have posted this before but we're paying £42.62pppn in August, based on 4 people in a room spending 4 nights there. B&B.

*puts on high voice*
"MEANWHILE at ALTON TOWERS......... you're looking at +£30 per person per NIGHT!"

Just a few thoughts on my recent trip.
1. Staff are incredible, think Toverland level of friendliness. Operations are also some of the best i’ve ever seen.
2. The park was absolutely packed on Friday (there was a corporate day on) and yet the longest wait was still only 45-50 mins ish. Most rides were 20-30 mins tho. Almost all the rides are high capacity and, mixed with the brilliant ops, the queues move really fast. If you go and the pathways are rammed, don’t worry too much. The busy nature of the paths doesn’t always reflect queue times.
3. The Liseberg app is a must. U can book virtual queue slots for free which meant we did Helix 5 times and only queued for it twice. Prioritise slots for Helix and Valkyria if u can as these go very quickly. Also if it says ‘there are no more slots for today’ thats a lie. It just means there r none at that moment. Keep checking as more get released periodically.
4. If u like scare mazes Hotel Gasten is a must do. It’s pretty tame scare wise but the set design and theming is the best i’ve ever seen in any scare maze in the world. Absolutely incredible.
5. Loke is probably my favourite flat ride in the world now. A huge Intamin gyro swing with only lap bars! Seriously scary as u start slipping out your seat only for the lap bar to catch you. Absolutely loved it.
6. Food options are really good and not badly priced at all.
7. If you don’t want re-rides, or if it’s really quiet, it’s a 1 day park. If you do want re-rides and/or its busy, allow 2 days.
8. The entire park is cashless so only take your card.
9. Go it’s awesome! :D

Just a few thoughts on my recent trip.
1. Staff are incredible, think Toverland level of friendliness. Operations are also some of the best i’ve ever seen.
2. The park was absolutely packed on Friday (there was a corporate day on) and yet the longest wait was still only 45-50 mins ish. Most rides were 20-30 mins tho. Almost all the rides are high capacity and, mixed with the brilliant ops, the queues move really fast. If you go and the pathways are rammed, don’t worry too much. The busy nature of the paths doesn’t always reflect queue times.
3. The Liseberg app is a must. U can book virtual queue slots for free which meant we did Helix 5 times and only queued for it twice. Prioritise slots for Helix and Valkyria if u can as these go very quickly. Also if it says ‘there are no more slots for today’ thats a lie. It just means there r none at that moment. Keep checking as more get released periodically.
4. If u like scare mazes Hotel Gasten is a must do. It’s pretty tame scare wise but the set design and theming is the best i’ve ever seen in any scare maze in the world. Absolutely incredible.
5. Loke is probably my favourite flat ride in the world now. A huge Intamin gyro swing with only lap bars! Seriously scary as u start slipping out your seat only for the lap bar to catch you. Absolutely loved it.
6. Food options are really good and not badly priced at all.
7. If you don’t want re-rides, or if it’s really quiet, it’s a 1 day park. If you do want re-rides and/or its busy, allow 2 days.
8. The entire park is cashless so only take your card.
9. Go it’s awesome! :D

I’ve always been a bit of a scaredy-cat and said that I’d never ever do a scare maze attraction. However when I was at Liseberg I thought I’d finally give one a go and was so glad I did, Hotel Gasten was absolutely fantastic! I was blown away by the set design, it’s so good that it’s included in your park ticket as something of that standard and level of theming and staffing would be an upcharge for sure if it were in a UK park. I’m intrigued now to try Villa Vendetta at Tivoli Gardens some time because of Hotel Gasten.

I’ve always been a bit of a scaredy-cat and said that I’d never ever do a scare maze attraction. However when I was at Liseberg I thought I’d finally give one a go and was so glad I did, Hotel Gasten was absolutely fantastic! I was blown away by the set design, it’s so good that it’s included in your park ticket as something of that standard and level of theming and staffing would be an upcharge for sure if it were in a UK park. I’m intrigued now to try Villa Vendetta at Tivoli Gardens some time because of Hotel Gasten.
It was also so kind of them too because I was the only person in the group that only spoke English. So they did it in English instead of Swedish so I could understand 😍
I agree that it’d be an upcharge in every UK park for sure. Having a free virtual queue instead of fast track too. Shows they want to give a good experience to the customer rather than squeezing out every last penny like some operators do.

Got back from a stay at the Grand Curiosa with the wife. Saw it in vlogs/blogs before going which made it look nice. But in person it's even nicer. The lighting and decor is fantastic and I paid about £100 per night including the excellent breakfast buffet. Everything is so well thought out including plenty of seating to accommodate larger groups and seating for 2. The only improvement both myself and the wife could see is they really need to improve the look of the outside bar at the roof bar. It's just an all grey, industrial look that doesn't match the perfect surroundings elsewhere on the roof bar.

If anybody here usually stays at Gothia Towers, the Grand Curiosa is a better alternative in the same price range in my opinion. And getting in and out of the park at the south entrance is quick and easy.

Following the tragic accident at Grona Lund, I wouldn't be surprised if Liseberg decide to close Lisebergbanan for an emergency inspection as it's the same coaster type.

Following the tragic accident at Grona Lund, I wouldn't be surprised if Liseberg decide to close Lisebergbanan for an emergency inspection as it's the same coaster type.

Something I always found interesting about Lisebergbanan is that when you ride it the ops don’t even come round to check the restraints on it, they just dispatch it (or at least that was how it was when I’ve ridden it).

Something I always found interesting about Lisebergbanan is that when you ride it the ops don’t even come round to check the restraints on it, they just dispatch it (or at least that was how it was when I’ve ridden it).
Jetline the same from when I've rode it

Just reading the latest edition of First Drop magazine, and Liseberg have apparently announced that 2023 will be the last year of operation for their log flume.

Quite sad news, this Arrow log flume opened in 1973 and features an iconic drop down the hill side. Hopefully they seek a replacement flume ride!

Just reading the latest edition of First Drop magazine, and Liseberg have apparently announced that 2023 will be the last year of operation for their log flume.

Quite sad news, this Arrow log flume opened in 1973 and features an iconic drop down the hill side. Hopefully they seek a replacement flume ride!
That's a real shame. Another classic log flume that I'll never get to ride.😔

For anyone that's not got the first drop magazine
flumerideclosing2_0.jpg

Ah damn it - as much as I'm not overly fond of log flumes I do quite enjoy Liseberg's.

It'll be interesting to see if it gets replaced / what with. I'm not confident they'd do a similar flume as a replacement if they're citing costs, plus the unique nature of its location and layout.

They could 100% work with Mack to have it overhauled.

I suspect in reality they just want rid for something else.