• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

It’s one of the easiest parks to visit from the UK if you can get the chance to get over there.
This. Literally a 15-20min coach ride direct to the park from the airport. I've recently got back but was looking on Ryanair last Friday and Gothenberg was £40 return for various dates in August. It's a great flume. Very fast and scenic and then the two drops at the end are quite large. Gutted it's going as it fits the park perfectly.

This. Literally a 15-20min coach ride direct to the park from the airport. I've recently got back but was looking on Ryanair last Friday and Gothenberg was £40 return for various dates in August. It's a great flume. Very fast and scenic and then the two drops at the end are quite large. Gutted it's going as it fits the park perfectly.

It’s amazing how cheap it is to get there, I paid £40 return from Stansted last year and the park so easy to get to. Gothenburg is such a nice chilled town to just walk around in and the museum there has some excellent Viking artefacts. It’s just a fun trip all round. Sad to see the flume going as it’s a real classic but I’m sure that Andreas will ensure that the park gets something nice to replace it with.

Last edited:
I just wanted to share a few thoughts from my visit to Liseberg last week. It was my second time at the park, with my first visit coming back in 2014.

We stayed at the brand new Grand Curiosa Hotel which is just lovely. Well themed, large rooms, epic rain shower, an awesome rooftop bar and best of all, a goodnight light switch by the bed that turns off all the lights in the room! The location is also idea, right on the doorstep of the Liseberg South entrance. We got an incredibly good deal for our stay, working out at £36pppn. I suspect prices will go up once the waterpark opens.

Lots has changed in Liseberg since my last visit. Gone is Kanonen and numerous flats and in are new flats, Valkyria, Loke and Luna. The Luna Park area now feels so much better with the new rides, and in Luna I have found a Vekoma Family Boomerang that I actually enjoy (largely thanks to the epic views).

Loke is awesome; more parks need these Intamin gyro swing rides! Valkyria was pretty good, especially once it has warmed up. The vest restraints, which do not lock, are far better than those found on Valravn at Cedar Point.

I was worried that Helix may not be as good as I remembered it being, but I needn't have. It is still a very special coaster that flows so well and has a great mix of elements. Although I do prefer the Helix soundtrack to Sean Paul performing live on the Liseberg stage!

Finally I got two final rides in on FlumeRide. It is such a fun log flume, probably my favourite tradition log flume out there, and is going to be sorely missed. I look forward to seeing the replacement, which going by how popular FlumeRide is has to be another log flume style ride.

It was so good to get back to Lisebeg, and I will not be leaving it another 9 years before my next visit.

Grand Curiosa Hotel is still showing some great prices next year, have managed to book three nights wed to Sat in May half term for £343 (£114 a night)- Free cancelation and breakfast included, for a high quality resort theme park hotel I think that's a fantastic price. Park opening days for 2024 not yet published but based on previous years its should be open on the the Thurs, Fri and Saturday as they seem to open Thurs-Sun from the end April onwards. Obviously the water park might not still be open, but not fussed about that, especially as will be first visit to Liseberg.

Liseberg have gone the extra marketing mile for their winter season with a Julmorgon TV special, albeit no subtitle options.

Featuring interviews with the Seasonal Events leader, the park's historian and director of the Gothenburg Rescue Mission plus Grand Curiosa Hotel restaurant blind taste test antics and rhyme time with Julius the North Pole bunny.

Wow, this is devastating. Hopefully everyone is safe, and it can be contained to the water park and avoid the connecting Grand Curiosa Hotel.