• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Werner Stengel talking about Helix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptvziTGgc84#ws

Someone on TPR posted a translation:

Helix is again a very special coaster. First: With 1385 meters its very long. A coaster needs
to have a certain length for the rider to feel and experience. If a coaster is too short the rider
will have no remaining memory of the ride. At Helix we have two launch sections, meaning to "shoot"
(German: We have no "accelerator" in coaster terms, its "Abschuss" like shooting a projectile or "Katapult")
the train twice again and then go curves right and left. There are nearly no straights on this
coaster cause riding a straight is boring. And we go seven times (!) head over heels (German
"Überkopf" = "Overhead" as in motion not in someting over your head). And not only simple loops
cause seven loops would be again boring. For Liseberg and Europe this will be a highlight - I would
say even Worldwide.
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1443591#p1443591

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t6qIjMWPkc

Awesome video. Mr Lee S. Berg speaking (in English) about what a geek he is, and how he sent the original plans for Helix to several selected "coaster nerds" who suggested improvements, such as the inversion straight out of the station.

"I would say it's not just a product of Mack or Stengel or Liseberg, it's very much also a product of all the coaster nerds out there."

Wow what a breath of fresh air! If only people like that ran Merlin!

:)

I need to get over to liseberg Helix looks amazing,looks best ride of 2014 by a mile me thinks ;D this looks better than zumjaro and falcons fury.

Epic video, massively looking forward to getting to riding this one!

Truth be told I'm never a huge fan of ride/park music. It's nice to listen to on park I guess, but few tracks really "grab" me. Helix's soundtrack however, is nothing short of stunning. It's constantly getting stuck in my head :)

Great video! I agree though it does seem strange that there isn't any on ride audio as it would have gone perfectly. A cost issue maybe although the cost couldn't have been that much in the grand scheme of things.

:)

While talking about the soundtrack, here is 'The Making Of' video for the soundtrack by IMAscore. Absolutely love it and have been especially obsessed with it lately. It's also great how Liseberg pretty much gave IMAscore free reign on the soundtrack.

One thing which you really notice in that video is what those who've already ridden Helix (@DiogoJ42) have said, which is how much slower it now looks, versus the initial POV's released by the park, in particular that first element after the second launch. It really creeps over the top there, where it once flew over it during the first two videos. They really seem to have tamed the launches, so I do wonder if some of that initial punch has been lost (Still looks an amazing ride though).

One thing which you really notice in that video is what those who've already ridden Helix (@DiogoJ42) have said, which is how much slower it now looks, versus the initial POV's released by the park, in particular that first element after the second launch. It really creeps over the top there, where it once flew over it during the first two videos. They really seem to have tamed the launches, so I do wonder if some of that initial punch has been lost (Still looks an amazing ride though).

Almost definitely maxed the launches for the POV runs, make it look as fast and thrilling as possible. After all, it's only people like us that notice the difference :p