• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Liseberg: General Discussion

Re: Liseberg 2014: Project Helix

Mattmash said:
Rob said:
Watch the very end of this video (unless you speak Swedish, then watch it all! :p)

There are also quite a lot of interesting English parts throughout this video, their creative designer is English and there is an interview with Michael Mack in English! It's worth a full watch :)

Oooh ok! I saw the bit in English with the coaster enthusiast guy who was on the GMTV video on the morning Thirteen opened but didn't notice the other bits. I'll go back and look, thanks!

:)

There is a segment shot at Europa Park, which is basically 'Blue Fire FTW' for a few minutes!

:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Liseberg 2014: Project Helix

May aswell hand Liseberg the most anticipated 2014 ride award right now then lol. Looks rather special doesn't it!

Well this is exciting. Good to see that not only are we getting a huge new Mack Mega Coaster in a hillside setting but also that Lisebergbanan will not be touched. For a horrible split second I thought that this would be replacing it.

The theme looks like it could be an interesting one. I wonder if the whole vines with maths idea will be kept for the ride opening or if it will just be used under the project helix code name.

Looks like a visit to Liseberg is in order in 2014. It will have one of the strongest coaster lineups in Europe with Balder, this and Lisebergbanan.

It was only back at Sandwich Meet that I was casually talking to Sam about how the Scandinavian parks are generally off the TS radar and which of them would warrant a visit in a Denmark/Sweden trip. Ever since I've been meaning to half-seriously investigate whether an unusual trip like that would be practical for next year, but as aiming for 2014 instead suddenly looks very appealing I'm slightly less annoyed with myself for not having got around to it yet!

Having watched the POV (through a link from Facebook) before seeing any mention of Mack or coming on here, I was astounded when the train was shown at the end and I noticed the Blue Fire-style front car shell (I'm ashamed I didn't notice sooner). I'd assumed it was Intamin right from the start, particularly as Liseberg have a bit of a purchase history with them. It looks like it should be utterly fantastic, combining the superbly engineered ride system we all love with a layout that appears to have the potential to be more forceful than Blue Fire. I'm also pleased to see it in a nice shade of green rather than the usual 'Rolandblau'!

:O that looks stunning.... I can't wait for a no limits rec. The physics in that pov seem a bit dodgy. But that layout... And that length, just seems to keep going!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Two rolling LSM launches...

Consider me sold, and a trip to Sweden/Oslo in 2014...

9:00 minutes into that video...NAIL. ON. HEAD! " you only have the tallest, longest, fastest ride for a short while. What we wanted to do was build a new classic."

Anyone else more excited by this than they are by SW7? I need to make a trip to Sweden! :D

Tim said:
Havn't watched it all yet but they've released an English version of the video Rob first linked to :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts6KIydz65A&feature=g-all-u

Now that's a park that knows how to do classy PR, producing two in-depth videos in two different languages which are informative, interesting and aimed at the fans. It makes other parks' marketing attempts look crass and patronising in comparison. Particularly the totally over the top Six Flags videos.

Eddie said:
Anyone else more excited by this than they are by SW7? I need to make a trip to Sweden! :D

As amazing as this ride looks and what with it being mack mega, I'm still way more excited for sw7, purely for the fact I know I'll be riding it in 6 months time!

The ride does look amazing but lets just hope it has an impeccable saftey record just like every other ride at Liseberg has.

Joseph said:
The ride does look amazing but lets just hope it has an impeccable saftey record just like every other ride at Liseberg has.

What about when a Lisebergbanan train rolled back on the lift hill because they had greased the rollbacks to make them quieter?

Um..Bear.... I was being sarcastic and there was a far, far worse accident on there Log Flume and Rainbow Attractions..

The guy who presents that video would make a great Bond villain. Though I'm a bit worried that jumper's going to strangle him...