• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Dungeons

The Dungeons are no fun on your own mate. It's all about mocking your mates if they get picked for the dock in the court room.

It's also no fun on a quiet day. I went to the Blackpool one with my girlfriend a while back on a weekday and we ended up going round with one other person, a total of three of us. Wasn't the best, even the actors were struggling. To be fair, there were more of us in the group when we set off, but a big group dropped out when they realised that their guide dog wasn't enjoying the experience very much.

We'll be well and truly blessed to have Brian on board.

However, I am curious... reading the Wikipedia article, I wonder where a lot of it came from!

"The attraction will boast two state-of-the art thrill rides with high-tech surprises guaranteed to get adrenaline pumping. A fast flowing boat ride sees guests condemned by Henry VIII to a turbulent journey along the dank River Thames towards execution. Whilst on a deadly dark drop ride they will literally be sentenced to ‘take the drop’ as they plunge 3 stories in the pitch dark. The second sees a chilling, screams-guaranteed, Whitechapel labyrinth that will baffle guests as they try to escape ‘Jack’ and find their way out of the East End and a strange but fun journey through Balzelgette’s Victorian Sewer system will leave guests in a disorientated spin."

The article gives the impression that the 2nd ride is the Labyrinth/sewer ride whilst giving the impression the first is a boat ride ending in a drop ride (unless the Wiki submitter was referring to the drop on the boat ride being the three story plunge.) All a bit convoluted... I haven't found anything mentioning the Whitechapel Labyrinth - but it would be fun to see a brand new maze thing. I hope they don't lose the pub scene, though!

Anyway... thoughts?

They are getting a Sub- Terra style top loading drop tower, I think that was confirmed with the planning permission.

The first one will be a re-themed 'Traitor'
The second be Extremis
The third a re-themed Labyrinth of the Lost
And the forth will be a re-themed Vengeance

siralgenon said:
The second be Extremis
According to the planning documents located here, the boat ride will occur first, followed by Labyrinth of the Lost, with Extremis at the end. (The necessary document is the proposed ground floor plan.)

Jonathan said:
siralgenon said:
The second be Extremis
According to the planning documents located here, the boat ride will occur first, followed by Labyrinth of the Lost, with Extremis at the end. (The necessary document is the proposed ground floor plan.)
I didn't mean for them to be in order, I just took them from Nick's list :)

i thought Vengence wasn't moving to the new Dungeons but maybe something has changed. There has been rumours about vengence going to Thorpe.

Given the amount of noise Vengeance makes - you can hear it everywhere around the Tooley St. Dungeons - I can't see how they could operate it in County Hall. There is a Premier Inn directly above a large area of the new Dungeons, including above the part of the plans marked as "Turning Room".

Why is Vengeance not being moved to County Hall along with the other attractions? I thought this was their latest addition?

At least, it wasn't there on my visit before last....

As mentioned above, it's too noisy, had too much downtime and maybe the feedback from customers wasn't so good.

However, no official announcement has said vengeance won't be moving to county Hall...

It was crap, the only slightly redeeming feature being the ridiculously high lateral G's when it spun around... I never noticed it making noise on my last visit to the Dungeons though... Oh wells...

Wouldn't be surprised if the turning world around spiel thingy relates to a trommell...

Benzin said:
It was crap, the only slightly redeeming feature being the ridiculously high lateral G's when it spun around... I never noticed it making noise on my last visit to the Dungeons though... Oh wells...

Wouldn't be surprised if the turning world around spiel thingy relates to a trommell...
I literally flew out my seat when I rode, and I have to say, it gave me quite a fright. I didn't do up the seatbelt & it startled me with just how much force it spins you.

Also, RE the noise, I never noticed this throughout the attraction. However, when riding, it is quite noisy. I did enjoy the experience, however I felt the shooting was futile and a worthless exercise.. Much like Duel..

I really enjoyed Vengeance, they build the story up well and I like the spinning feature. The probably wouldn't need to ask for planning permission to move this as effectively there doesn't need to be any building work for it to be placed in the dungeons. The other attractions would need to be given permission due to the height of both and the fact that they need to do some cosmetic work inside for the rides to fit!

The more important question is: why did they buy and install Vengeance in the first place, knowing they'd be moving out within a year?

Did they plan to take it with them but just not realise how noisy it'd be? It all seems very odd, a weird time to add a new attraction.

Vengeance is awful, maybe they realised how crap it is after they opened and regretted it. Doesn't fit anywhere into the dungeons branding, is an awful ride, is in a poor location with poor throughput and leaves guests feeling very underwhelmed and rather annoyed (in terms of the pointless guns).

Dungeons have been selling vengeance merchandise for ridiculously low prices the past couple of months - this'll either suggest they're removing the ride for good, or at least a rebrand if it unfortunately moves to county hall.

If it does move (I doubt it will - a month to move the ride over? Would you honestly buy a new one?) then I hope it doesn't have those guns. Gerr.

nickhutson said:
But there are rumours flying spinning around that Vengeance will possibly be going to Thorpe Park.

As far as Im aware, Thorpe Park aren't getting a new attraction for 2013. Only the Crash Pad. :)