• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Dungeons

They were sold at the auction - yes. Some survived - the lady throwing up in the pot for example.

Tombs and Dungeon didn't like each other...

If sounds like you need to go to the Clink in London Bridge if you want an original dungeon experience - even though it's very small - it's very much in the vein of what the LD once was.

I found the LBE much better than the Dungeons. The actors are far more enthusiastic, and they have a lot of room to improvise rather than being bound to a script. No two visits are the same, and it seems that the stories you hear depends on what actors are in that day. The same set can host several different characters with different tales to tell.
(Disclaimer: I've not been for a few years, so this may have changed).

I too miss the old museum style dungeons. As you say, The Clink Museum is probably the closest thing left to it in town now.

LBE is a lot smaller but it has a bit more atmosphere in my opinion. LD would be better if they didn't rebrand and try to distance themselves from being 'scary' as much as possible. It never seemed to look right to me. LBE has a lot more atmosphere; the scripts aren't as constricting and there isn't a need to inject the same tired jokes in to most of their shows. The thing that lets it down is the lack of effects in the shows, as well as the fact that the tombs never seem to have a high actor count when I have ventured in, which is a shame.

Yeah i heard they didn't get on!

Yeah I've been to the clink, Nice little museum, they should have grabbed a couple of the old exhibits from Tooley st!

I've looked up and researched the London tombs before, and it doesn't appeal at all, one piece of marketing was advertising a 'human centipede' scare, that for me was enough to know what market they are going for! Also 'aggressive' americanised scare attractions don't appeal..... chainsaws! say no more!

It is possible to buy a ticket for just the LBE and not do the Tombs if that's not your sort of thing.

Valentines day with a kink anyone? https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fift...-ann-summers-tickets-31886413120?aff=facebook

This Valentine’s Day the London Dungeon has teamed up with the UK’s leading erotic retailer, Ann Summers, to host a one-off adults only (18+) darker themed tour inspired by the release of the new Fifty Shades Darker film.

You'll uncover the filthier side of London’s most prolific characters from hearing more about the teasing torturer, who used his tools for contrasting levels of pain and pleasure to the antics of Sweeney Todd and Mrs Lovett’s ‘working’ relationship.

Intrigued by your kinky predecessors? You'll no doubt be left gagging for some sadomasochistic flare in the bedroom and to help you embrace your inner Christian Grey or Ana Steele - all visitors will go home with an Ann Summers Couples Intense Bondage Set, worth £35.

Please excuse me while I clean up my vomit...
hurl.gif

Now that is kinky Diogo.
Isn't that something the romans used to do, puking over your partners bits by swallowing feathers?
I get some strange library books out me!

The last time I went I was put in with a group of about 30 or more, what a nightmare locked in a room with 30 complete strangers ! :(

This will probably be just another show room where you have to try and find the clues to escape within a short amount of time, maybe 5-10 minutes. Not like a proper escape room experience in its own right!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38982373

Don't know if anyone saw the said tweets but they were a bit risky! Needless to say someone if either being fired or heavily reprimanded.

Don't think Moreweena Angove would even go this far! :p

You mean someone's getting promoted, they got free national advertising thanks to the news media.

Very few people will give a monkeys about the tone of the adverts but lots will read the news.