• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Dungeons

Nope it didn't work, or nope it wasn't broken? I'm sure it only worked for about 50% of my visits (like the boat ride). Though that could just be bad timing.

Yay - a new show is being added to the Dungeon. Plague Doctor is moving to where Coughin' Coffins is and Escape the Great Fire of London is replacing the Plague Doctor.

Opens May 21st.

12112514_1139365659441261_3599392512296153329_n.jpg

"It’s the 2nd September 1666 and the sparks from Thomas Farriner’s bakery in Pudding Lane have set the packed timber houses of London alight and the city has become a raging inferno.

The flames are so hot cooked pigeons are dropping out of the sky, the streets are running with molten lead and St Paul’s is burning to the ground.

Londoners are fleeing the Capital, piling into boats on the river to escape the destruction as panic sweeps the city.

Will you ‘Escape the Great Fire’?"

I've merged this news about the new show into this existing London Dungeons thread as I don't think it warrants its own thread on here.

:)

The original great fire section was great, especially for it's day. I can understand why they moved it to after the plague, but they may as well have not bothered, given how dull it ended up being.

I wonder what format they will take; I imagine it to be similar to Streets of Sorrows in Edinburgh, or the great fire scene at the London Bridge Experience. I wonder how similar it will be to the original Tooley Street. Tbf though, unless there is additional black box space and they retheme the Sewer (trommel), they do seem to have a bit of a restriction in space.

I wonder whether the surgery scene will be reduced in size. I always hated how big the London version is/was. It was like a copy of the other Dungeons in a bigger room.

Their approach to marketing it looks a lot more old school dungeon. No 'professional theatre characters' against a plain, grey back ground. It looks thrilling, same with York's new Viking show (which looks like it could be quite scary).

The Vikings went last summer, replaced by war of the roses. They removed the video and mannequins, and replaced it with two actors. It was only meant to be a temporary show, but ended up remaining permanently. It's is one of the worst dungeon shows in my opinion; cringeworthy for all the wrong reasons. Many hated the video segments at the dungeons, but I quite like them. Like the interactive effects and it breaks up the actor shemeets, making them all the more impactful! I really hope Yorks Vikings show is NOTHING like WOTR at Blackpool.

Especially as the video mentioned the Vikings marching on York. It would be a great introduction before moving to an actor led main viking show!

I dunno, it'll take something special to beat the viking scene at LBE. First time I went there I was forcably "glomped" by a horny drunk viking woman. :p

Lol, I imagine that horny drunk Viking woman may a bit too non-family friendly for Merlin's Dungeons xD. Didnt York once boast that their Viking show was the most technically advanced in all the Dungeons? I would love to see the Vikings in London!

I noticed on York's website that they don't seem to have Clifford's Tower/Tyrannical Tudors, with the shows starting from the plague. Wonder whether this is an extension of their plague? (I was gutted when I first returned to York; their once cramped and eerie Street was no more and their surgery scene with the never-failing jump scare was replaced by a generic plague scene).

Unfortunately the only time I've been to York, half the dungeon was closed after a flood, so I never got to see the viking bit. The only thing of note that I remember is that the actors were far better than London.

Went to the the Dungeons on Saturday, was very enjoyable - but a completely different attraction to the one I went to in 1999! Its almost not worth comparing the two.

Does anyone know what happened to all the old mannequin exhibits from the Tooley st Dungeons? I know they had a big 'horror boot sale' when they moved, but that was smaller set dressing pieces.

Did the London tombs not want them? just move them across the road! i've never been to the tombs - from looking at the promotional material it's never appealed..... it seems to American 'halloween horror nights' for me - I think theres still place for a museum similar to the original dungeons - especially now madam tussauds don't have a chamber or horrors.

I went to the clink museum a few weeks ago - that was good, but quite small!