• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Dungeons

Scott said:
The South Bank - particularly in front of the Eye and County Hall is impossibly busy now... Was there at the weekend and it was very difficult to move about in such a tight space. It'll be great for Merlin, but add even more to the crowds which struggle to fit in the space.

I'm not sure this will be too much of an issue if you're thinking of queues spilling outside onto the path (as they often did at Tooley Street), as apparently the indoor queue of the new Dungeon is rather large! :)

They'll probably be more able to control any outside queue line as well a la the Aquarium (although with more indoor queue to prevent over-crowding)...

On the plans I am sure there was enough queuing space for over 3 hours...

This would ensure that most of the crowds are well out of the way on Southbank, although it would probably reach capacity on a busy summers day.

Though I heard back in January the plans have been completely revised from the released ones on the Lambeth website - so, who knows!

Though I am sure one of their main priorities to move to Southbank was to make sure the internal queue area was vast. Let's hope their idea of having actors strolling around the prison area are entertaining!

The London Dungeons has now reopened to the public. :)

Also, there's some news on the new ABC drop tower.

As was already known, the towers are top loading, like Sub Terra. The big news is that riders will not drop just once, but twice!

Longy said:
The London Dungeons has now reopened to the public. :)

Also, there's some news on the new ABC drop tower.

As was already known, the towers are top loading, like Sub Terra. The big news is that riders will not drop just once, but twice!

Thanks for the information! as long as there are no Sub-terra eggs at the bottom thats fine :p

Okay, I am a massive fan of Drop Towers, but seriously, after 3 times in a row on an ABC 'Extremis Tower' I would be getting seriously bored! :\

Why... Seriously, WHY?!

WAIT! >:D How come The Dungeons is open today and not on the 1st of March? It doesn't say anything on the website.

And randomized drops for a ride that's supposed to symbolize being hung, that makes no sense.
Unless the rope gets cut! :)

Joseph said:
WAIT! >:D How come The Dungeons is open today and not on the 1st of March? It doesn't say anything on the website.

I think today was an MAP preview day.

:)

I miss Tooley Street!

There were some elements that I loved about the attraction such as the boat ride and Drop Dead but I prefer the old Dungeons better. It needs time and hopefully I'll be visiting when all the effects are working.

However couldn't complain with free photos and I loved Drop Dead (prefer Extremis for the name) :)

The launch upwards was incredibly forceful.
But some of the little tricks the dungeons have are really sneaky.

Having attended the MAP preview day, it certainly was a big improvement from Tooley Street. Although some of the effects were not working, which is to be expected at a preview event, the Dungeon is fantastic. A couple of shows are very similar to those found in the original Tooley Street Dungeon but the attraction is pretty much entirely new, except a couple of set pieces from the Dungeon's previous incarnation. Although I don't want to post any spoilers, there were only a few proper scares, less than Tooley Street. It is definitely one of the more family friendly Dungeons and I found the humour to be better.

Drop Dead and Henry's Wrath were both really fun rides, but it was a shame that not many effects on Henry's were working.

The theming is better than Tooley Street's but sparse in a few areas.

Overall I am really impressed with the new Dungeon and I can definitely see it becoming a solid attraction once all the effects are working. Look forward to visiting again next week.