• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion

I have a bit of fresh optimism for you all regarding this project! LRCH have today outlined their plans for how the project will open when it opens in 2026 (presumed). Here's the main summary:
  • They are close to signing six IP contracts which will feature in the park upon opening.
  • The project is now to be completed in phases, with phase 1 containing these six IPs in a stand-alone theme park.
  • Phase 2 will entail the construction of more IP lands for the theme park and the construction of the hotels and waterpark etc.
  • They intend to have 3550 hotel rooms overall once the project is completed.
  • They still intend to submit planning in 2019.
If that wasn't enough for you, here's a SouthParks article: https://www.southparks.co.uk/2018/05/10/london-resort-update-may-2018/

Great stuff, in my opinion! Definitely reinstills some hope in this project! My optimism levels for this have increased a little!

It does give me some hope! I would love to see this happen, it would be good to have some more competition within the industry. The second park sounds more like a studios sort of park and I think that’s exactly what we’re missing here in the UK. :)

Excellent, imagine all the local mirror group newspapers will be running that article online again like they do every 6 months.

Seriously though if it did happen it would be great for theme parks in the UK.

I really want this to happen. If you look back through this thread (almost 6 years!? wow) then you will see that I really thought this would happen. I have now really given up hope on this ever happening!

No doubt that sometime within the next 12 months there will be a further annoucement station that the planning application will now be submitted in 2020.

:)

It's all well and good drawing up plans. Have they actually got the cash to build it assuming they get consent and the planning? More than likely to be hearing at some point....plans approved just need to raise a few billion quid through investment.

It will never happen.

Same goes for the Orlando Polercoaster, or Six Flags in China/Dubai. Though at least Six Flags appear to be making progress in Dubai.

The team involved were see at IAAPA this year, looking ever so pleased with themselves at being a part of the shenanigans.

But that’s just it, I think shenanigans is the only way to describe this. I was desperately hoping this would work out, but I really don’t feel there’s a cat in hells chance of anything ever moving.

There seems to be an ever changing rollcall of directors... in and out all the time!
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07625574/officers

The team involved were see at IAAPA this year, looking ever so pleased with themselves at being a part of the shenanigans.

But that’s just it, I think shenanigans is the only way to describe this. I was desperately hoping this would work out, but I really don’t feel there’s a cat in hells chance of anything ever moving.

There seems to be an ever changing rollcall of directors... in and out all the time!
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07625574/officers

9 resignations.

04 Sep 2018 Appointment of Mr Ayman "Chatting" Chit as a director on 28 August 2018

Some encouraging info has been revealed today about the London Resort. Construction firm Keltbray Group, who in the past have worked on large scale projects such as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, have been announced to have invested £25 million into the London Resort project.

Just goes to show that behind the scenes the project does seem to be alive after all. :)

Source

October 2012 said:
Tony Sefton, project leader, said the company hoped to open the site in 2018.

He said: "Over the next 12 to 18 months we will be progressing the planning application, while embarking on a wide-reaching programme of community consultation, while securing further commercial agreements with third parties."

October 2014 said:
Developers behind the planned Paramount Pictures entertainment resort on the Swanscombe Peninsula, near Dartford, said the revised opening date was Easter 2020.

October 2015 said:
The developers said they needed to conduct more research into traffic and environmental issues before applying for a development consent order.

If given approval, it is expected to open in 2021 instead of Easter 2020.

April 2016 said:
Likely delayed until at least 2022 “Very straightforwardly, we do regular appraisals to make sure that when we’re entering pretty new territory, which is what London Paramount is, we’ve got everything right,” said Norris. “And as a result of that, we’ve adjusted our plan.

July 2017 said:
[We] will now be consulting the public early in 2018 and submitting the Development Consent Order application in Spring of 2018. Our grand opening date is planned for 2023.

May 2018 said:
Thought to be delays until at least 2026 "We are very much looking forward to progressing further with the project this year with the intention of submitting our application in 2019.”

Oct 2018 said:
"We got some pocket change from some builders, we're putting an application in in 2019. This isn't just our 6 monthly update to try and encourage someone...anyone to chuck some money at us..honest.

And the above doesn't even go into the multiple director/leadership changes. The whole project is frankly a complete and utter farce. With the pipe dream promises being made, topped off by the uncertainty of brexit, no one is going to seriously touch this project with a barge pole. The amount of money just being frittered away is ridiculous.

£60million is a start though, guys! It's better than no money at all! I'd imagine we'll start to see most of the budget be invested after the planning application is submitted in 2019; the project will cost £3.5bn in total!

It would be a start if this project was just announced this year, but not when we're now over 6 years down the line. All we have to show are some rough plans, a few barebones licensing "agreements" (not forgetting the star of the show, Paramount pulling the plug), a company saying they wouldn't mind dishing out a franchise to run a hotel if anything came to fruition. Then finally a construction company throwing in 0.7% of the total estimated budget, an estimate which we all know will be considerably too low to do anything useful.