London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by Spark, 8th Oct 2012.

1. TheBolt

TheBolt TowersStreet Member

Tom and Matt N like this.
  2. Bert2theSpark

Bert2theSpark TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Favourite Ride's Gone
    We will have colonised Mars by the time this happens now...

IanSR, DiogoJ42, MakoMania and 4 others like this.
  3. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I have a bit of fresh optimism for you all regarding this project! LRCH have today outlined their plans for how the project will open when it opens in 2026 (presumed). Here's the main summary:
    • They are close to signing six IP contracts which will feature in the park upon opening.
    • The project is now to be completed in phases, with phase 1 containing these six IPs in a stand-alone theme park.
    • Phase 2 will entail the construction of more IP lands for the theme park and the construction of the hotels and waterpark etc.
    • They intend to have 3550 hotel rooms overall once the project is completed.
    • They still intend to submit planning in 2019.
    If that wasn't enough for you, here's a SouthParks article: https://www.southparks.co.uk/2018/05/10/london-resort-update-may-2018/

Great stuff, in my opinion! Definitely reinstills some hope in this project! My optimism levels for this have increased a little!

Robert.W and Skyscraper like this.
  4. Towerslover

Towerslover TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Icon
    It does give me some hope! I would love to see this happen, it would be good to have some more competition within the industry. The second park sounds more like a studios sort of park and I think that’s exactly what we’re missing here in the UK. :)

Matt N and Skyscraper like this.
  5. Benzin

Benzin TowersStreet Member

Oh it is the annual "This IS Happening" update?

Cool, some designer and project planner is getting paid a whack for no progress...

6. John_P

John_P TowersStreet Member

Excellent, imagine all the local mirror group newspapers will be running that article online again like they do every 6 months.

Seriously though if it did happen it would be great for theme parks in the UK.

7. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I really want this to happen. If you look back through this thread (almost 6 years!? wow) then you will see that I really thought this would happen. I have now really given up hope on this ever happening!

No doubt that sometime within the next 12 months there will be a further annoucement station that the planning application will now be submitted in 2020.

:)

Rojo and Bert2theSpark like this.
  8. speedy

speedy TowersStreet Member

I'm not going to get too excited, put it that way.

I'll believe it when there's roller coaster track onsite.

9. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    It's all well and good drawing up plans. Have they actually got the cash to build it assuming they get consent and the planning? More than likely to be hearing at some point....plans approved just need to raise a few billion quid through investment.

It will never happen.

speedy likes this.
  10. speedy

speedy TowersStreet Member

Same goes for the Orlando Polercoaster, or Six Flags in China/Dubai. Though at least Six Flags appear to be making progress in Dubai.

Skyscraper likes this.
  11. Rojo

Rojo TowersStreet Member

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/sport/fleet-in-crisis-191817/

KEH own Ebsfleet and are the parent company of London Resort Company Holdings. Given that they are now tightening the purse strings are Ebsfleet I can't imagine they are going to throw money at LRCH. So unless a prominent backer appears from nowhere I'd say this project must be even closer to flat lining.

12. Sazzle

Sazzle TS Administrator Team Member

The team involved were see at IAAPA this year, looking ever so pleased with themselves at being a part of the shenanigans.

But that’s just it, I think shenanigans is the only way to describe this. I was desperately hoping this would work out, but I really don’t feel there’s a cat in hells chance of anything ever moving.

There seems to be an ever changing rollcall of directors... in and out all the time!
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07625574/officers

Alsty, Rob, Rojo and 3 others like this.
  13. Themeparksandy1981

Themeparksandy1981 TowersStreet Member

Skyscraper and DiogoJ42 like this.
  14. Tom

Tom TowersStreet Member

9 resignations.

04 Sep 2018 Appointment of Mr Ayman "Chatting" Chit as a director on 28 August 2018

Sazzle likes this.
  15. Robert.W

Robert.W TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Some encouraging info has been revealed today about the London Resort. Construction firm Keltbray Group, who in the past have worked on large scale projects such as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, have been announced to have invested £25 million into the London Resort project.

Just goes to show that behind the scenes the project does seem to be alive after all. :)

Source

Matt N and Skyscraper like this.
  16. Craig

Craig TS Administrator Team Member

And the above doesn't even go into the multiple director/leadership changes. The whole project is frankly a complete and utter farce. With the pipe dream promises being made, topped off by the uncertainty of brexit, no one is going to seriously touch this project with a barge pole. The amount of money just being frittered away is ridiculous.

Ted, Matt.GC, Sazzle and 10 others like this.
  17. Bert2theSpark

Bert2theSpark TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Favourite Ride's Gone
    £25 mill would get you what? Two thirds of DBGT? Considering the scale the project it's not the investment to get it kick started, it needs several billion from somewhere before this project off the ground.

I still have zero hopes for this ever happening.

DiogoJ42, AT86, Alsty and 1 other person like this.
  18. Alsty

Alsty TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Shambhala
    Still ain't gonna happen, sadly.

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  19. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    £60million is a start though, guys! It's better than no money at all! I'd imagine we'll start to see most of the budget be invested after the planning application is submitted in 2019; the project will cost £3.5bn in total!

Towerslover likes this.
  20. Craig

Craig TS Administrator Team Member

It would be a start if this project was just announced this year, but not when we're now over 6 years down the line. All we have to show are some rough plans, a few barebones licensing "agreements" (not forgetting the star of the show, Paramount pulling the plug), a company saying they wouldn't mind dishing out a franchise to run a hotel if anything came to fruition. Then finally a construction company throwing in 0.7% of the total estimated budget, an estimate which we all know will be considerably too low to do anything useful.

MattyH, DiogoJ42, Ian and 2 others like this.