• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London Entertainment Resort: All Discussion

It has been announced today that the London Resort will open in 2024. They have released a YouTube video explaining their plans and ideas for the years ahead, they say that despite all the ups and downs they're never going to give up trying to open the resort. Attractions will include a Maurer Spinner that will turn you around at breakneck speed. They are fully aware the park has been a let down over the years. The video confirms that they're not going to lie and are making a full commitment to opening the park.

The video can be found here.
You got me! Well done!
Edit: just realised the whole post is one big Rick Astley reference

Well, it would seem we have an update: https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/theme-park-boss-recovers-from-coronavirus-226181/

COVID-19 does not seem to have deterred the park's developers thus far, and PY Gerbeau himself even recently recovered from the disease. They intend for the planning permission to be submitted in Q4 of 2020, and the park itself is targeted for 2024. The developers say that their motivation is "greater than ever" to build the resort, and they still believe that the demand will be there post-COVID. They have also continued to discuss the details of the development during lockdown, frequently holding Zoom calls to discuss details of the park.

I must admit, my confidence has been renewed after reading that article! I was a little unsure as to whether the project would get cancelled with the current situation, as surely if there's a time to put the brakes on a project like this, it's now, but to me, the fact that they're still pressing on in spite of the pandemic's economic consequences proves to me that there is genuine motivation to open!

Christ they're really flogging a dead horse with this, I swear I remember they were planning on breaking ground back in like 2012.

It's not happening, not in 2024, not ever. Give it up.

Just need the raise the 3 billion quid. That should be piece of cake in a global recession. Hahahaha.

Honest to god this thread needs locking. This park is just pure fantasy stuff.
They're getting the funds required from a Kuwaiti family, who also owns a football team in Britain!

They're getting the funds required from a Kuwaiti family, who also owns a football team in Britain!

Heard it all before. Until they've got it this is just fantasy stuff.

Why would a Kuwaiti family invest 3billion quid in a global recession in a country where theme parks aren't doing well at all. Not even the major ones were making much money prior to covid 19.

I just don't believe it one bit. It will never be built.

At this stage, it'd probably be easier, cheaper and less risky just to make a significant investment in Merlin, sadly.

Christ they're really flogging a dead horse with this, I swear I remember they were planning on breaking ground back in like 2012.

It's not happening, not in 2024, not ever. Give it up.
I thought they were supposed to open in 2012?