• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Magic Mountain 2013: "Full Throttle" terrain hugging launch coaster

The loop looks great. The top hat looks fun. It may not be mind blowing, but its still better then anything we have on this island. What with Stealth being too short and Rita being completely forgettable

Sounds like on-board audio to me.

It's weird though, it goes from Welcome to the Machine to a remix of Crazy Train, and there is absolutely no point in it whatsoever. And there's a sort of take-off sound at the first launch, so just random sounds throughout.

It pretty much sums up the craziness of this ride.

By the way, the track (roller coaster track) sounds very weird as well, I'm not sure if it's the audio or not!

Nick said:
And there's a sort of take-off sound at the first launch, so just random sounds throughout.

That's just the sound that LIM Launches make. You'd hear it on the other launch but the audio obscures it. If you look at a POV of Verbolten or any other LIM launch coaster, you'll hear the same thing.

Well, that's just about finished me.

I really don't get it. What's the point of having audio that you can only hear in the tunnel section?

And that's ignoring the frankly weird manner it goes from the intro of Welcome To The Machine to that remix.

DiogoJ42 said:
Coasterforce's POV features a dubstep sound track on the backwards section O.O ... Even Thorpe haven't gone there (yet).

Wow, a theme park using a currently popular style of music to appeal to young people, whatever next. ::)

HaydenCR said:
its still better then anything we have on this island.

What, a rather tall vertical loop and a top hat that's neither taken as fast nor is as high as Stealth's? And then brakes before the train has even reached the bottom of the drop? Would you really rank that above Nemesis?

HaydenCR said:
The loop looks great. The top hat looks fun. It may not be mind blowing, but its still better then anything we have on this island. What with Stealth being too short and Rita being completely forgettable

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

I don't know about you but Stealth and Rita both look better than this. And not to mention countless other rides over here. Nemesis, Oblivion, Smiler, Ultimate and so on...

Alastair said:
HaydenCR said:
its still better then anything we have on this island.

What, a rather tall vertical loop and a top hat that's neither taken as fast nor is as high as Stealth's? And then brakes before the train has even reached the bottom of the drop? Would you really rank that above Nemesis?

I meant in terms of launched coasters. Of course nemesis is a better ride. But it looks more fun then stealth. Remember it has lapbars, so that loop looks pretty fun.

It looks... Dull and uninspired.

The launch and loop look really fun though - the hang time on that loop will be crazy! However after that it all goes a bit flat. The backwards launch seems entirely pointless and the top hat element would probably look a lot better were it not covered in breaks the whole way down...

However, it may well ride better than it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

TedTheHuman said:
HaydenCR said:

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

I don't know about you but Stealth and Rita both look better than this. And not to mention countless other rides over here. Nemesis, Oblivion, Smiler, Ultimate and so on...

Rita is a series of turns and hills which you really cant tell how long will last upon first glance. When I do ride it, I leave disappointed by how short it is. With Stealth you can tell how long it will be, and it is very fun, but it does not have 3 launches, and it does not have any hangtime

Full Throttle does. My point is there is just more fun in its short duration, then on Rita or stealth. It is easy to track where you are on the coaster, and this means you wont be underwhelmed by it being unexpectedly short. And Velocity? Well this thing is blatantly better then Velocity.

Again Im only referring to our 3 launched coasters, not anything else.

Sorry for double post.

Sam said:
DiogoJ42 said:
Coasterforce's POV features a dubstep sound track on the backwards section O.O ... Even Thorpe haven't gone there (yet).

Wow, a theme park using a currently popular style of music to appeal to young people, whatever next. ::)

Wow, a person shows his distaste for a particular genre of music on the internet, whatever next. ::)

HaydenCR said:
Rita is a series of turns and hills which you really cant tell how long will last upon first glance. When I do ride it, I leave disappointed by how short it is. With Stealth you can tell how long it will be, and it is very fun, but it does not have 3 launches, and it does not have any hangtime

Full Throttle does. My point is there is just more fun in its short duration, then on Rita or stealth. It is easy to track where you are on the coaster, and this means you wont be underwhelmed by it being unexpectedly short. And Velocity? Well this thing is blatantly better then Velocity.

Sorry for double post.

No Stealth looks better, it's faster, taller, and physically looks better as well. And I should point out that you did say this looked better than ANY UK coaster, you didn't specifically say the launch ;)

TedTheHuman said:
HaydenCR said:

Sorry for double post.

No Stealth looks better, it's faster, taller, and physically looks better as well. And I should point out that you did say this looked better than ANY UK coaster, you didn't specifically say the launch ;)

My opinion is my opinion. You cant change it. I think full throttle is superior to Stealth. Dont get me wrong, there are some things about Stealth that are blatantly better. But a difference of 10mph and 40ft is not a particularly big difference, at least with launched coasters. Its all about that acceleration of which there are no statistics at the moment.

I thought this rides looks a little naff in all honesty,

Th13teens reverse launch looks as if packs about the same amount of punch...

Also, why is the title of this thread, terrain hugging, what is so terrain hugging about this ride...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Not really been following this but man that looks dull.

Rita > Stealth > Full Throttle > Velocity by the looks of that.

(I retain full rights not to judge until FT is ridden by myself. I reserve the right to an opinion and reserve the right to stick by this. )