• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Magic Mountain 2013: "Full Throttle" terrain hugging launch coaster

BigAl said:
When it was much younger, Scream looked like this:

scream9.jpg

And take a look at how they presented it in some concept art:

screamart1.jpg

That's honestly the worst colour fading I've ever seen on any coaster. It's not even mildly recognisable as having a blue spine, let alone the yellow rails.

Alastair said:
That's honestly the worst colour fading I've ever seen on any coaster. It's not even mildly recognisable as having a blue spine, let alone the yellow rails.

To be fair, given Oblivion's original colour and the level of fading it got to, there probably wasn't a huge amount of difference (and that wasn't sun bleached!)

See we all moan about the drab colours AT use but least our fading isn't that bad!

Scream! is just utterly appalling in every way.

The ride, the name, the punctuation, the colour scheme, the (lack of) theme, the location, and the landscaping, the layout and the operations.

Utterly dreadful. Walter and Claude's shame. They should have refused to have built it once they realised where the park would put it!

TPR has a new photo update here.

Though this particular image isn't relevant to Full Throttle, I think it's worth posting here:

thumb_1_1221.jpg

Sorry Thorpe Park, Six Flags Magic Mountain is claiming to be the thrill capital of the entire planet!

BigAl said:
TPR has a new photo update here.

Though this particular image isn't relevant to Full Throttle, I think it's worth posting here:

thumb_1_1221.jpg

Sorry Thorpe Park, Six Flags Magic Mountain is claiming to be the thrill capital of the entire planet!

To be fair, I think they have as good a claim to that title as anyone with their array of coasters, however badly themed they are ;)

Some stunning shots from TPR here. Here are just a handful of them:

img_2592__copy__0.jpg

img_2593__copy__0.jpg

img_2694__copy_.jpg

img_2635__copy__0.jpg

img_2719__copy_.jpg

img_2700__copy__0.jpg

img_2796__copy_.jpg

I love that track! :D

They look like they're for the launches or a brake run, I think. I can't remember exactly what was going where from the plans so that might be wrong though. :p

BigAl said:
They look like they're for the launches or a brake run, I think. I can't remember exactly what was going where from the plans so that might be wrong though. :p

Launch on the left, brake run on the right if I remember correctly.

TPR have more photos of Full Throttle going up here. Again, I'll post a few of them below...

sam_0304a.jpg

17a_5.jpg

18a_9.jpg

19a_8.jpg

22a_10.jpg

34a_2.jpg

Edit: Some more have gone up here now so I'll post some more below too...

track_8.jpg

image_599.jpg

image_600.jpg

image_601.jpg

image_612.jpg

image_617.jpg

image_621.jpg

Another update from Screamscape/KHTS here:
2013 - Full Throttle - (3/28/13) A brief article about Full Throttle mentions that along with the park’s 18th roller coaster, the area around Full Throttle will also feature an area for families with kids not tall enough (below 54”) to ride it, as well as a new restaurant called High Octane Wings, which will feature original sauces. Yum! SFMM, can you send me a sampler?

The join between the top hat and loop has been put into place (from TPR) :cool:

More pics can be found here. :)

thumb_18_674.jpg

thumb_19_655.jpg

thumb_20_622.jpg

Nice pictures. The track looks stunning! I don't know why but I've always thought coasters with a pure white track look so aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The Led Zeppelin coaster at the failed Hard Rock park is one that also jumps to mind in that respect :)

Coastermaster said:
Imagine how cool a the big one would look in that paint scheme

I agree to a point, however only if the track was changed. I really don't like the Arrow style of track! That and I can't see it being any other colour than what it is at the minute from a personal point of view :p

What's the speed of this, sorry I haven't followed the rides specification much.

Isn't it going to need to be travelling at a considerable speed to clear that loop? I can't believe the size of it :eek: