• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Major Ride Closures 2016

Looks like the park map and ride times website confirms that these rides will not be opening during the 2016 season. If this is the case, surely these rides should also be removed from their website line up, unless you scroll over the pics, you will never know that these are SBNO this season. Completely unacceptable and misleading.

Thank goodness for this forum which can update us on the info that the park fails to do so. :)

Another thing I forgot to mention, they must've surely known that Charlie's IP was due to expire this year that instead of this Galactica malarky, they could've put that money into making a new dark ride instead and thus pleasing the family market at least.

Ofc, with TP opening their new Darren Brown dark ride, I get the feeling that Merlin had to choose one park to install a new dark ride. However it isn't that far off to think that they could've made a dark ride for Towers this year to replace Charlie, this might've been Merlin's year for dark rides in this country.

Alas, there goes another idea into the 'What could've been moments at Towers'...:(

ironically, the map hasn't actually been updated on the website yet. come on, Alton Towers, wake up!

When? And will anything change

When, about a week or two ago.

I just assume the ride will re-open with some tweaks.

It is closed to save money. They an mask it with TLC but it will re-open.

When, about a week or two ago.

I just assume the ride will re-open with some tweaks.

It is closed to save money. They an mask it with TLC but it will re-open.
I meant when will I reopen lol never doubt your sources....

Interesting though. Can you divulge any more info?

Sadly not - I have no idea on what is happening inside the ride. I also don't know when it'll open. Worst case, I reckon March 2017. Hopefully sometime this year though.

Would it be a safe guess that they're trying to sort out the parking issue on Hex, though?

Sadly not - I have no idea on what is happening inside the ride. I also don't know when it'll open. Worst case, I reckon March 2017. Hopefully sometime this year though.

Shame Hex is the only closure I care about. The rest I feel are necessary as long as replacements come. Its Wardley magic. That said, its confirmed by AT it will reopen, right?

Well it can't be any worse than what it was at the end of last season when a lot of the lights were out.

I think at the least they should aim to have Hex open for the busy Scarefest and Fireworks days.

Whether they change anything... The parking I've never seen as that big of a problem. They could mask it by changing the timing of the audio/extending the audio pieces in the vault. The Octagon could with with some old effects (water) fixed, maybe add one or two new effects, and perhaps when the curtain lifts up it would be a good idea to have some spotlights shine on the curtain as it lifts. The amount of times the curtains lift and guests don't know if they're meant to walk through or not. Some spotlights timed to the curtain lifting would give a cue so guests know it's time to walk on through.

I think at the least they should aim to have Hex open for the busy Scarefest and Fireworks days.

Whether they change anything... The parking I've never seen as that big of a problem. They could mask it by changing the timing of the audio/extending the audio pieces in the vault. The Octagon could with with some old effects (water) fixed, maybe add one or two new effects, and perhaps when the curtain lifts up it would be a good idea to have some spotlights shine on the curtain as it lifts. The amount of times the curtains lift and guests don't know if they're meant to walk through or not. Some spotlights timed to the curtain lifting would give a cue so guests know it's time to walk on through.
there are signs that say something like "please wait here until curtain opens"

I heard it would be closed all this year and back open for next year with a refurbishment and the drum fixed..... hopefully it may open towards the end of the season perhaps....