• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Major Ride Closures 2016

It seems bizarre that on the one hand we've got partial park closures, but on the other new developments including a hotel. I can only hope that this is a one off 'cost saving year' and we will be back to 'normal service' next year.

But...

I bet the weekday closures are here to stay, even in busy years the park has been very quiet on termtime weekdays.
The weekdays they have been open during termtime don't seem to be any busier than previously, so I suppose the limited opening can be justified.

I believe Ripsaw left because it wasn't in good physical condition. I'm sad to see it go, but I'm not surprised. The Blade's on borrowed time, too - it's surely got to go within the next couple of seasons.

There is no good reason why they don't just buy a new floorless model from Huss to replace the ageing one.

It was still a popular ride before it closed.

I can see it happening in the future if towers are smart. Flats are low investments, so they can afford more than one at once. They could easily get a ripsaw replacement, submission replacement, one in DF (or elsewhere), and still be able to theme the rides. Pigs will fly before towers do that. Its about as likely as merlin stopping always selling fastrack.

Submission and Ripsaw do need replacing, but the next new flat *has* to go where UG Swinger used to be.

what was the "UG Swinger", may i ask? i don't think I've heard of it!

It was Dark Forest's flat ride back when it was Ug Land, basically just the twirling toadstool ride. There was also another ride called Bone Shaker which was kinda similar to Ripsaw but the arms would alternate and it didn't flip over. If you want to go really far back that area once had a magic carpet ride called 1001 Nights.

Ug Land also has kids climbing frames, water fountains that shot up from the floor, and a climbing wall. Dark Forest is such a boring area nowadays.

what was the "UG Swinger", may i ask? i don't think I've heard of it!
Ug swinger was twirling toadstool. I believe it is the same ride, but just repainted (I may be wrong, this was long before I first went to the park).

Other than that, in dark forrest there was boneshaker (also known as energiser, which stop where submission was at one point), Dino dancer (dynamo, a breakdance), and enterprise. Videos of all can be found on youtube if you look.

I can see it happening in the future if towers are smart. Flats are low investments, so they can afford more than one at once. They could easily get a ripsaw replacement, submission replacement, one in DF (or elsewhere), and still be able to theme the rides. Pigs will fly before towers do that. Its about as likely as merlin stopping always selling fastrack.
I can see it happening in the future if towers are smart.
if towers are smart.
Never getting these flats then, are we?

Unfortunately for the foreseeable future, towers is little more than gothic ruins, roller coasters and CBeebies land.

We may see a flat one day if Merlin get tired of hotels, IP's and kid attractions (yes that's going to happen soon).

From trading update, "Looking hard at the cost base" and "closing down some non-core rides".