• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MAP Christmas/New Year Sale

Tempted by this as this year may be the first time that I might actually get the chance to use a MAP properly... Will have to have a serious think about it.

No major changes to the Merlin Annual Pass T&C's for 2013...

13.1 NO entry into Madame Tussauds (London), the EDF Energy London Eye, SEA LIFE London Aquarium and London Dungeon during the whole of August;

13.2 NO entry to the EDF Energy London Eye on 14 February and 29 October to 31 October;

13.3 NO entry to the London Dungeon from 1 March to 10 March and 29 October to 31 October;

13.4 secondary attractions at Warwick Castle including, but not limited to, the Castle Dungeon and Merlin the Dragon Tower will be subject to additional charges;

13.5 an event booking fee will apply to Fright Nights and other special events at THORPE PARK regardless of the time of entry or departure; and

13.6 parking fees at the Attractions.

For the avoidance of doubt, the restrictions and additional fees set out in this clause 13 do not apply to the Premium Merlin Annual Pass.

1st - 10th March for the London Dungeon is new...

To stop everyone visiting when it re-opens...

Thinking of picking up MAP for next season, but I do have a query.

If you have NOT held a Merlin Annual Pass previously

I have done previously.

However...

If you currently HAVE a valid Merlin Annual Pass

It expired over 12 months ago.

There doesn't seem to be anything outlined for those people who have previously held a MAP which is no longer valid.

Am I able to renew online or do I need to visit one of the listed attractions to take advantage of the offer?

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

I visit AT about 4 times a year, TP about twice and the odd sealife centre or two and was wondering whether you would recommend me getting a Premium or Standard MAP at this sale rate. I have never bought one before you see. :)

Well, going by what you've posted, Alton Towers car parking x4 = £24, and Thorpe x2 = £8, so total of £32 in parking charges.

As the premium, which includes parking, is £22 more in this sale than the standard, which doesn't, I'd say go for the premium :)

I'd be lost without my MAP. Now with two attractions in Manchester alone, I can easily justify the price of it. I've had around £600 (if not more) worth of admission to Merlin attractions this past year.

It's the age old question of this type of product, would you have spent the offer price on the admission charges if no unlimited access product was available for any price?

All I know is from what we've been briefed the group are running it until the 31st January. I haven't had a full read through the T's and C's yet I will have a look tomorrow though whilst at work.