• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MAP Christmas/New Year Sale

The sale runs till January 31st, you can collect the pass anytime after that.

Presumably you can buy online / over the phone and collect later in person at any Merlin attraction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Can't get to an attraction before 31st January?
We've got attractions throughout the UK, or you could even get a friend to buy for you. Don't worry if you already have a Pass and it runs out later in the year - you can buy now and we'll just add another 12 months on for you!

Otherwise unfortunately you'll have buy later in the year - our normal prices are on the At A Glance page.

If you already have the pass you can re-new online for the discounted price, if you are getting the Merlin Pass for the first time you would need to visit one of the attractions before the 31st Jan to buy your new pass at the discounted rate, in the case of Alton Towers this will be at either of the Hotel's Reception. Hope that helps.

Picking mine up from Scarborough Sea Life this Saturday. Can't wait, so excited haha ;D

If you were to get a family pass for 3 people, would you all have to be present every time to gain entry to the attractions?

Mi-Nigle said:
If you were to get a family pass for 3 people, would you all have to be present every time to gain entry to the attractions?

No, you get individual passes

Going to collect mine tomorrow from Blackpool (not short of choice on where to collect from there) ;)

I just hope they spell my name right this time :p

Pass is bought!
Ready to be collected from my home away from home when I go there in Feb, Or Opening Day.. Not decided which is more beneficial...

I've searched the MAP website high and low and sent an email but had no response, so I'm wondering if anybody knows whether you can renew a Premium MAP but as a Standard MAP instead, like a downgrade?

MiserableMonkey said:
I've searched the MAP website high and low and sent an email but had no response, so I'm wondering if anybody knows whether you can renew a Premium MAP but as a Standard MAP instead, like a downgrade?

I don't know what the renewal price is but surly the sale price is cheaper? Could you not just turn up at a open attraction and purchase a standard pass? :)

Zak said:
MiserableMonkey said:

I don't know what the renewal price is but surly the sale price is cheaper? Could you not just turn up at a open attraction and purchase a standard pass? :)

We've been considering this, but we want to renew using the family of three sale price, but two of us have standard passes (which expire this weekend) and one has a premium pass (which expires in March).

I'm hoping that we'll all be able to get three new standard passes, but don't know if Merlin will...
  • require the premium pass and the two standards to be renewed separately
  • let the third member of our group hold two valid passes at the same time
  • add the 2 remaining months from his premium pass to the new standard pass

I'll quite happily buy the family of three passes at the sale price as "new" passes, but I don't know if Merlin will flag up that our third member already holds a valid pass...

Quite confused! ;D

Don't believe you can renew to a lower pass.

But you can buy new, the system won't flag up. I buy my annual pass "as new" every single year and has no issue.

We went today to renew two passes, one standard and one premium and then buy two new passes. What they did was to renew all four passes as standard passes and then charged £40 to upgrade my (now standard) pass to a premium. This has resulted in it costing £24 more than it should. I did ask and was told this was the only way the system would let us do it to recieve the family pass price.

Towseriv said:
I did ask and was told this was the only way the system would let us do it to receive the family pass price.

This is almost what we did. A family of three set of Standard Passes, then upgrade the third to a Premium Pass. Total cost of £262.

In all fairness, we were quite happy because the two of us with Standard Passes got them for £74 each, and the Premium Pass holder still saved £7 on the individual sale price, getting it for £114 instead of £121.

For the value I am happy and the kids (4&5) now think is brilliant they have thier own special picture cards but it does take the mick slightly that they wont (lets face it its not cant) renew the premium at the sale family pass price. How many families are going to need all premium passes unless you know you will need the August limitation removed.

strange.. We have visited Seal life Birmingham to buy MAP and we've paid £238 for family of 3. Two of them were standard and one premium. They didn't charge £35 for an upgrade to premium.

TPMC said:
strange.. We have visited Seal life Birmingham to buy MAP and we've paid £238 for family of 3. Two of them were standard and one premium. They didn't charge £35 for an upgrade to premium.

Seems like either you got lucky or I got stiffed. Will have to query this with them.