• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MAP Christmas/New Year Sale

Alastair

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Rise of the Resistance
MAP standard available for £99 :( £20 more than last year. Still, very good value and I'll still buy it :p

I suppose the best thing is you can renew for the sale price, which you couldn't do last year.

Ride Rater said:
Merlin Entertainments will offer its annual pass for £99 per adult from Boxing Day.

The latest sale offers a £60 (37%) discount on the Standard Annual Pass price, which is increasing by £3 to £159 in the new year.

The company has had half-price sales during recent years heading into the first few weeks of January.

The current savings offered are are slightly less, but will be available at Merlin’s non-theme park attractions until 31 January next year.

The Premium Annual Pass is also being included in the sale for the first time and will be offered at £121, a £74 reduction on the 2013 price which has also increased by £3.

Current pass holders – of which there are approximately 200,000 in the UK – are able to purchase an additional 12 months at the sale price and have the time added onto their existing pass expiry date.
http://riderater.co.uk/?p=2386

I think the Premium pass's inclusion is an indication of the direction they're going to go down - trying to upsell it against the Standard. It's a far cry from the product "some people were asking for because they didn't want exclusions" as Merlin claimed.

I was expecting another 50% sale, and although 37% isn't that bad, I don't think it's going to detract me from my intent to retire from holding a pass when my current one expires in October next year.

I am interested to know what everyone else thinks, though. :)

Quick question. If you buy an attraction ticket, can you still get the price of that refunded on the day you buy a MAP with 37% off...?

Ill certainly be getting one again. Although the savings aren't quite as good as last year they have certainly improved it a lot. Last year you could only get a standard pass in the sale and pay another £30 to upgrade to premium. And this had to be done at an attraction, and not bought online like in past sales, when meant most people lost time on their current pass.

However this year if you have a pass already you can ring/go online and get the sale price, and then have 12 months added to your current pass, or buy now and collect the pass when you want, which will be valid for 12 months from when you collect it, rather than when you buy it. Which is 100 times better than the last sale.

Both passes are still great value if you visit some of the attractions a couple of times.

Last year I paid £78 + £35 upgrade = £113.00
This year I will pay £121.00

A rise of around 5 or 6%? Seems fine if you ask me!

:)

I would've got one if my friends did, but they wouldn't! :p

I can't be bothered if there are none of my close friends to go with as I don't want an odd number if they want to use 2 for 1 vouchers...

We need my 50% off ones!

Whilst the price has gone up, I'm definitely going to be looking at renewing mine. I've saved a lot of money since I got mine in January, and look forward to another year of Merlin attractions! :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Johno said:
Quick question. If you buy an attraction ticket, can you still get the price of that refunded on the day you buy a MAP with 37% off...?

As the reduced price is for a new pass, you shouldn't have a problem in getting the price of your ticket back when you want to upgrade. :)

Hold up, so if I renew my pass in January and ask to pick up at the towers come march 16th, the 12 months will start from march 16th?? If so, that's a pretty cracking deal, essentially rewarding existing customers with a pre-pay deal!!

RustyRider said:
Hold up, so if I renew my pass in January and ask to pick up at the towers come march 16th, the 12 months will start from march 16th?? If so, that's a pretty cracking deal, essentially rewarding existing customers with a pre-pay deal!!

Surely if you renew then you keep your existing card and the subscription begins from when you pay?

Quick Question: Is the pass sale until at least 20th January? Because that's when I'm planning to get mine

Will certainly take advantage of this offer. :)

I have a question, can I renew my current pass using this discount online? Or will I need to go to a Merlin attraction. First time I'm going to use this offer, as this year I decided to let my pass run out in March then renewed it at my home attraction, Thorpe.

I've got a similar question to Lottie's. I bought my pass in the sale back in January at the London Aquarium, and it runs out in February 2013. If I can renew it online, would it be possible for me to pick it up from another attraction? I'm unlikely to be going to London between now and March when Towers opens, so I'd pick my new MAP up there in the ideal scenario.

I would like to get another MAP next year but not sure if we will use it enough to get our money back.

Its annoying living so far away from the parks.

You mean like this?

Frequently asked questions

What are the prices?

Standard
Individual £99 - Saving of £60
Family £74pp - Saving of £44

Premium
Individual £121 - Saving of £74
Family £90pp - Saving of £56.40
Where can I purchase a Pass at the sale price?

If you have NOT held a Merlin Annual Pass previously, you can visit any of the following attractions in person:

The Blackpool Tower
Chessington World of Adventures Resort
The London, York or Edinburgh Dungeon
The EDF Energy London Eye (please note, the London Eye is closed for annual maintenance from the 7th – 18th January inclusive however you can still pop next door to the SEA LIFE London Aquarium).
LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester
Madame Tussauds London
Madame Tussauds Blackpool
All SEA LIFE centres & Sanctuaries
SEA LIFE Weymouth Tower
Warwick Castle

Although the Alton Towers Resort & LEGOLAND Windsor Resort theme parks are currently closed, you will be able to purchase Passes daily from their hotel receptions.
You cannot purchase passes from THORPE PARK as they are closed.
Please check the opening dates and times of the attraction you want to purchase your Pass from before you visit, you can do this via their website.

If you currently HAVE a valid Merlin Annual Pass:
You can visit any of the above attractions OR purchase in advance via phone or online and then collect your Pass within the next 12 months.
From the 26th December to the 31st January please visit merlinannualpass.co.uk for further information or to renew online.
Alternatively you can call our friendly customer service team on 08444 77 44 44 who will be happy to process your renewal for you.

How do I know if I qualify for the family rate?
If you have more than 3 people who would like to purchase a Merlin Annual Pass, then you will be able to purchase at the family rate. For Passes purchased from the 26th December 2011 onwards a maximum of 3 guests over the age of 12 per family Pass applies.

When does the sale end?
The sale ends on the 31st January 2013 however it is subject to availability so we advise you purchase your Pass as soon as possible.

Is there an attraction being added to the Merlin Annual Pass in 2013?
Yes we expect the SEA LIFE centre Manchester, which will be located near to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester, to open in Spring 2013 and Passholders will be able to gain access using their Merlin Annual Pass from when it opens.

How does the sale this year, compare to last year?
In 2012 we offered customers the chance to save when purchasing a Standard Individual Merlin Annual Pass only, which was priced at £78.
The sale was only available to purchase in person at our attractions, for both new & existing customers.

In 2013 Pass prices start from £74pp for a Standard Family Merlin Annual Pass. All Pass types (Standard & Premium, Individual & Family) include a saving.
New customers can purchase in person at our attractions.
Current Passholders can purchase in advance via phone or online, with the option to collect their Pass within the next 12 months or have 12 months added to the end of their existing Pass.
I have a question about the sale, who can I speak to?
Please email our customer service team at [email protected] who will be happy to help.

What are the terms and conditions of the offer?
Offer ends 31st January 2013.
Visitation restrictions apply to the Standard Merlin Annual Pass and parking is not included
Offer is only available to purchase in advance via phone or online for previous & existing Merlin Annual Passholders.
Offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
Offer is subject to availability and removal without notice.
If you have previously held a Merlin Annual Pass that has now expired, you can purchase a Pass in person at our attractions at the sale rate.
Savings based on full walk up price.
Phone lines open daily from 9am – 5pm, subject to seasonal operating calendars. Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.

^ You, my friend, are a star for that. Tbf I would've phoned up if I couldn't go online but now that you can, I'll be able to renew with this discount and collect when Thorpe re-opens in March.

:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Wonder if there'll be a sale on the AT Annual Pass. I see Thorpe are doing a Christmas sale with their AP for £58, I'd hope for something similar from Alton.