• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

Wow that is incredible value! It seems almost a shame not to do a trip that includes some of those parks to make use of that pass!

:)

The pass is incredible valve, it's a shame it would a lot to get to those parks

It really hasnt cost me a lot to get to some of those parks.

Bobbejaanland is a couple of hours from Calais, Movie Park Germany is about 4. Get a day break on the ferry for £20, fill a car up with 4 people and it costs peanuts.

We did the Madrid parks October 2012 for Halloween and we got a flight for £60 each, car hire was about £90 and a hotel for £20 each. Nothing really for a weekend away.

Please note this pass doesnt include parking, so like a normal Merlin annual pass.

As mentioned, I have had this pass for a couple of years and visited some great parks which if I am perfectly honest, I have enjoyed than any Merlin visit this last couple of years. So much so that I havent had a Merlin pass for 2 years as well.

Bellewaerde also do a decent pass. For 89 Euros, (£74) you get unlimited access to Bellewaerde and Walibi Belgium, one free Parc Asterix visit, then 50% discount to all other Compagnie Del Alpes attractions, including all the Walibi parks. Not as good, but if you combine the two passes, you have a lot of major parks in Europe free or discounted.

DiogoJ42 said:
My money is on them scrapping the "standard" pass, upping the price of the premium, adding more date restrictions and removing the MAP discount on food / drink / merch.

But if all they are doing are negative changes like removing discount then why would they tease it? They would try to hide bad news!

I expect they are adding something or maybe starting a theme park only pass? I'm surprised they aren't pushing membership more, I don't think it is currently worth getting membership as the renewal discount makes a regular pass a better deal. They should look at cineworlds unlimited card where you get extra benefits once you've had it for over a year.

Means its going to cost more probably...

Something along the lines of:

"We've been listening to feedback from our customers and as such we are excited to announce we will be reducing the number of perks you get while increasing the cost of the pass"

6ezy5e7e.jpg

Strange e mail from merlin

Hmmm... Looks like 3 tiers of Pass to me? Can clearly see 3 different 'cards' inside that box, one premium, one looks like standard and then one just looks a darker blue. (Looking a little far into this)

The membership passes are kind of pinky purple. The premium ones anyway.

I still think the membership will remain separate, but I just hope there isn't a tier that includes FT. That would make it even more horrendous.

I just have a feeling this announcement is going to make me want to punch Varney.

It has just gotten worse and worse, no reworked Merlin ANYTHING is better than what it was before.

We're going to get the Burger Kitchen makeover of the Annual Pass. This is a company that just doesn't know what it's doing & it seems is even shunned by its own industry peers.

Cold, corporate, soulless.

Perhaps they're introducing the Ultimate Pass which was talked about at the beginning of this thread?

Apparently that idea has been around before, but it had a few perks altered to make it more favourable (unlimited Fastrack at all parks instead of limited).

Perhaps this will be a positive change - you never know after all! I just felt like the presumptions in this thread seemed incredibly negative based off nothing but a handful of words.

Id expect a raised price though, maybe the addition of an ultimate pass or maybe the scrapping of tiers and charging a set price for a MAP that is perhaps priced between the current Standard and Premium prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Scott said:
Perhaps this will be a positive change - you never know after all! I just felt like the presumptions in this thread seemed incredibly negative based off nothing but a handful of words.

Scott, I will be overjoyed if it is a positive change and happily take back my doubts.

I never thought The Smiler would work in X-Sector, and it does for example. However where these passes and added value are concerned, every year it eeks away. You get less for more.

I very much hope I am wrong of course!

Well I was going to phone up about getting an annual pass, maybe 2 (me and my daughter) but after seeing this, I won't do anything until they announce the changes. and if it for the worst, I will carry on the way i am and not buy any.

altontowers_185.gif

Tesco are already using the newly branded Merlin Annual Pass images...

EDIT: This image has been taken down...

Use of a Standard Merlin Annual Pass is subject to attraction operating calendars & the following exclusions in 2014: No entry during the month of August to The EDF Energy London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, London Dungeon and SEA LIFE London Aquarium. Fright Nights at THORPE PARK are subject to a £5 event fee and other events may also be subject to an event fee. No entry on 14 February or from 27 - 31 July at The EDF Energy London Eye. No entry from 29 - 31 October to The EDF Energy London Eye and the London Dungeon. Attraction parking fees are not included.

Taken from Tesco.com

This still may change for passes purchased on or after 27th December 2013

Dean said:
Use of a Standard Merlin Annual Pass is subject to attraction operating calendars & the following exclusions in 2014: No entry during the month of August to The EDF Energy London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, London Dungeon and SEA LIFE London Aquarium. Fright Nights at THORPE PARK are subject to a £5 event fee and other events may also be subject to an event fee. No entry on 14 February or from 27 - 31 July at The EDF Energy London Eye. No entry from 29 - 31 October to The EDF Energy London Eye and the London Dungeon. Attraction parking fees are not included.

Taken from Tesco.com

Pretty much the same as previous years then. Perhaps the Ultimate pass is coming?

If I had to take a wild guess, I wonder if we'll be seeing further integration of Merlin's many foreign attractions - would be a good way to get more British tourism to them.

That or some more premium offerings in light of the VIP packages available at Towers and Thorpe now.

And a massive massive yawn to everyone being utterly melodramatic based on a teaser picture. :)