• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MINI MEET: CWOA/TP 20-21 April 2013

Re: Re: MINI MEET: CWOA/TP 20-21 April 2013

djtruefitt said:
Anyone got plans for food Friday night? Or is everyone getting there fairly late? If not Services it is for me :p

We'll be down by at least 8pm but we don't have dinner plans yet either. As long as we don't enter Staines, we'll be fine!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Still debating on whether to stay in a hotel or not lol. If anyone has a space in their room for one more aha! :p

Think I can pretty much confirm my attendance for the Saturday, including any post-Chessington meal, but don't think I'll be there on the Sunday :)

Hi guys, I'm after some help regarding getting back on the Sunday.

What is going to be the easiest/cheapest way for me to get back to Kings Cross on the Sunday? Via the train from Staines of via tube from Heathrow? :)

P.S, my train from KX on Sunday is at 9.35

The tube from Heathrow will take you directly there, but it's a long journey. It might be quicker getting the train from Staines but it will involve a few change overs at least. If you have an Oyster card it Mighht work out cheaper to go from Heathrow, too.

Edit: From Heathrow terminal 5, it takes 52 minutes on the Picadilly line. I recommend that, makes it easier.

AshleeKel said:
The tube from Heathrow will take you directly there, but it's a long journey. It might be quicker getting the train from Staines but it will involve a few change overs at least. If you have an Oyster card it Mighht work out cheaper to go from Heathrow, too.

Thanks for replying Ashlee!

I just ran it through National Rail Enquiries website and it worked out nearly £12 cheaper just going via tube from Heathrow for my whole journey home! So, providing someone kind enough could drop me off there, I'll get the tube from T5 through to Kings Cross.

I had a look and it takes around 50 minutes on the tube, which isn't really that bad :)

EDIT: Are you able to purchase tube tickets from Heathrow? As the National Rail website is quite confusing when getting the tube from there!

LiamC said:
AshleeKel said:

Thanks for replying Ashlee!

I just ran it through National Rail Enquiries website and it worked out nearly £12 cheaper just going via tube from Heathrow for my whole journey home! So, providing someone kind enough could drop me off there, I'll get the tube from T5 through to Kings Cross.

I had a look and it takes around 50 minutes on the tube, which isn't really that bad :)

EDIT: Are you able to purchase tube tickets from Heathrow? As the National Rail website is quite confusing when getting the tube from there!

You can purchase tickets for the underground at any station. I recommend you get an Oyster card if you don't already have one, as it will be much cheaper.

Unfortunately I was unable to find everyone today. It is a bit hard to find people you have never seen before! I had a great day at Thorpe nonetheless though.

I'm really sorry that you weren't able to meet us today.

Anyway, it was a fantastic meet! Too many highlights for me to list! :)

I had a brilliant day yesterday! The weather was lovely and I managed to get on everything I wanted =) I think my total ride count was something like this:

Colossus x4
Swarm x3
Nemesis Inferno x2
Stealth x2
Saw x2
X No way out x2
Rush x2
Rumba Rapids
Loggers Leap
Slammer
Quantum
Rocky Express
Flying Fish
Mr Monkey's Banana Ride

Lightlights and Lowlights:

Highlights

-Seeing everyone again
-Meeting new people
-Weather was very nice
-Saw wasn't as rough as it normally was
-Colossus rerides
-Rumba Rapids more "Wetter" than usual (Still not very much though)
-Rush had a better cycle than usual
-The amount of times I said "Hey you guys!" =P
-Hugs at the end of the day! And also one at the beginning...from John...=P
-Peachful journey on the train to the park, and a social one on the way back.

Lowlights

-Getting up early just to get to the park then realising I could have had more sleep, bugger...
-Smashed my elbow on Loggers Leap (It still hurts)
-Colossus rerides
-Faff on Rush and Slammer
-Lottie's awkwardness on X
-Sazzle trying to steal my money whilst I was on Swarm =P
-Being lonely in Pizza Hut (Sod all of you...)
-Realising I could have gone to Chessington on Saturday...

Overall, I had a great day yesterday! Thanks to everyone for being there, making it more enjoayable =)

Now what a weekend! It was great and one of my favourite (mini) meets!

Highlights:
- Summer finally arrived both days (however my neck is now rather red)!
- Quiet Thorpe Park, resulting in a high ride count
- Getting rather drunk Friday night thanks to 4 cocktails for £6 (and Astro!)
- Lovely meal and pub Saturday night, who would have thought that was 5 minutes away from T5 Travelodge
- Zufari being better than the reviews I read (still not amazing)
- X being better than before
- Very little traffic driving to and from home.
- Friendly staff at Thorpe and Chessie.
- Getting to know people better, such as Liam and Ashlee

Low points:
- Chessie being rather busy, resulting in large queues for Vampire and Bubbleworks.
- Chessies Fried Chicken Co. not being as nice as Towers
- Thorpe opening Swarm on one train.

Thanks to everyone who came, it was a great weekend!

Great to get to know you more too Mike!

I'm still shattered now having not got home until 11 P.M (post meridian) last night :(

It was an awesome weekend though, the weather was stunning and it was spent in the company of great people. A lot of highlights, too many to mention and a shame it's over now! Roll on Smiler opening :)

LiamC said:
It was an awesome weekend though, the weather was stunning and it was spent in the company of great people. A lot of highlights, too many to mention and a shame it's over now!

I'm glad you found using the internet comfortable. It's easy to get on the internet, APPARENTLY.

This was probably my favourite mini-meet so far! So many laughs to be had by every one, and it was lovely to see you all again since opening meet! :)

Highlights:
- 'I fancy a pear cider, please.' 'It's 2 for £6' 'Erm, okay!' Travelodge upselling alcohol on Fri night!
- The sun came out on both days
- Thorpe Park being quiet on Sunday
- Good ride count on Sunday
- Fantastic meal at the Golden Cross on Saturday evening
- Zufari better than when I last went on it
- Good journey to the Travelodge on Friday (thank you M3 for not being bombarded with traffic!)
- Getting to know Ashlee and Liam better :)
- 'Did you have a THRILL, at the VILLE!' ;)
- Seeing everyone again, and hugs!

Lowlights
- Chessington being busy (to be expected since the sun was out)
- Staff at Chessie and Thorpe not really having a clue what they were doing :S
- Swarm on one train op at the beginning of the day - just why!
- Picsolve queue being the longest queue in the Zufari queueline, and afterwards when me, Saz and Dave W waited for out pictures
- Saying goodbye to everyone!

Hopefully see you all for the Smiler opening! :D