• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MINI MEET: CWOA/TP 20-21 April 2013

Rose Of Dawn

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland)
I haven't been to Thorpe in almost ten years, and now that the park is open and I live less than an hour away (I think) I really want to go. But not by myself. So would anyone be into going sometime in the near future?

Edit: so this is going ahead, and I might as well make the 'whose going' list thing. The meet will take place on the weekend 20-21 April - Chessington on Saturday, Thorpe on Sunday.

Whose going

AshleeKel (Sat/Sun)
Mike (Sat/Sun)
AstroDan (Sat/Sun)
John (Sat/Sun)
LiamC (Sat/Sun)
TedTheHuman (Sun)
HaydenCR (Sun)
Rob (Sat/Sun)
Russell (Sat/Sun)
Saz (Sat/Sun)
Dave (Sat/Sun)
Rowe (Sat/Sun)
Cheese (Sat/Sun)
Lottie. (Sat/Sun)
Islander (Sat)
Djtruefitt (Sat/Sun)

Maybe
JoshT (Sun)
Rocket (Sat or Sun)
Diogo (Sun?)
Bench.addict (Sun)

Re: Mini Meet: Thorpe Park?

I'm always up for a Thorpe trip, though finding a good time is often a challenge...

Yeah, put me down. Preferably for a nice quiet week day ;)

Depending on when you go, I'll happily come.

Same for me on time dependency!

I'm up for a trip to Thorpe, but like others have said, it all depends on when :)

Anyone know any more about when the refurbished X is going to open? It sounds daft, but I am actually quite excited about it. Be interesting to try and time it with that.

Yes, yes, I know.

TheMan said:
Anyone know any more about when the refurbished X is going to open? It sounds daft, but I am actually quite excited about it. Be interesting to try and time it with that.

Yes, yes, I know.

I heard it was going to open Late March/Early April. Although whether that's 100% true or not I don't know

So we are all agreed we are up for this "at some point" then :p Given that I've got nothing to do with my life these days, I can fit in round other people... Thus picking a date is not my problem ;)

DiogoJ42 said:
So we are all agreed we are up for this "at some point" then :p Given that I've got nothing to do with my life these days, I can fit in round other people... Thus picking a date is not my problem ;)

I can shuffle what I do about most of the time babe, so if you are ever fancying a mosey on down to TP land give me a shout babe M8 :)

Pixie-Ro said:
I'd love to go, but unfortunately can't manage 'a nice quiet weekday' :(
This.

But do whatever suits most people - I'd like to do Thorpe as a group since I doubt I can make the June meet, and won't be seeing much of the place this year otherwise - but it's a long way for me, so it'd depend on finding a Saturday with decent weather when I'm not doing anything :)

Haven't been to Thorpe since 2008 so yeah would love to come :)

Mini Meet: Thorpe Park?

Someone take charge and organise this! But please have us 'teachers' in mind when arranging this lol.....I don't know why I put teachers in brackets lolol

badlydrawnkelBel said:
Someone take charge and organise this! But please have us 'teachers' in mind when arranging this lol.....I don't know why I put teachers in brackets lolol

You didn't put it in brackets...

:X

Legs crossed, arms folded.

Oi, stop flirting you two :p

Anyway, I think the best day to do this would be on a Sunday, as they are generally quieter. However, if more people would rather the Saturday then that's fine too. I think it should be on the weekend of the 20th/21st, so it'll be in a few weeks time. Thoughts?

In thery're the dates, then I may be able to do the Sunday. However I can't do the Saturday since I'm busy that day unfortunately