• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

MINI MEET: CWOA/TP 20-21 April 2013

So what would be the best time to meet at Chesington? Having never been there before, I'm not sure whether they have ERT like Towers, or what time you can get into the park.

They don't have ERT at Chessington so it'll always be 10am, though I imagine once those on this mini meet are arriving they'll run straight to Vampire or Fury!

I think I'm gonna be relying on everyone to properly show me Chessie, as I haven't been there before. Just been looking on the website and the place looks quite big, what with it being a zoo AND a theme park. Will people be looking at the gorillas and tigers, or will it be strictly rides?

Almost everybody else here is blatantly going to be looking strictly at rides considering it's a Saturday we're going on and it'll probably be rammed with families but I'd be happy to take you around the Zoo as it's your first time visiting! As for meeting up, I imagine it'll be a call organisation type thing per norm but you're most likely to spot people just after the Lodge Gates turnstiles so I'd recommend waiting around there.

I'm a sucker for an animal or two, once I've done Vampire/Fury I'll be more than happy for a wander over to the zoo too :)

Islander said:
I do wonder if, after this, there'll be anyone attending South Meet :p

I will Mark =P Just hope I'm not the only person there

Judging by recent operational reports from Chessington, I'll be looking at getting the main rides done as early as possible!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

In the process of sorting out my shift at work that weekend, so hopefully I'll be joining you guys :)

I'll be finding somewhere nice for dinner on the Saturday so will let everyone know in due course!

AstroDan said:
I'll be finding somewhere nice for dinner on the Saturday so will let everyone know in due course!

I recommend the absolutely wonderful and 5 star classic pub, Sizzling Chessington Oak! My, what a stunning time we had there ;)

AstroDan said:

Is the Saturday your birthday? Or the Sunday? :)

Dave and I are in the midst of booking our hotel room for two nights and wondering if anybody has plans for breakfast on the Saturday morning? We're undecided whether to take up the Travelodge continental breakfast at the moment but we have located the Monkey Puzzle and the Leatherhead Wetherspoons as prime locations either morning!

Cobham services TBH.

RE arrival times - obviously as a massive ride-whore, I would strongly advise being at Chessington before 10am (probably around 9:45ish), to get towards the front of the rush towards Vampire at opening. As for Thorpe, they've retained the policy of opening before the official time, so it might be worth getting there for 9:30, especially if you want to do Swarm backwards as that will build up a queue very quickly that is unlikely to get any shorter throughout the day.

I'm easy regarding breakfast. If people are wanting to get to the park early on Saturday then grabbing something on the way could be easier.

What time are people planning on getting to the Travelodge on the Friday night? I'm getting a lift down after work with someone however don't think I'll be there till around 8.30/9 P.M :)

I can officially confirm that I will be joining you lot for this mini meet for both days :)

John said:
Cobham services TBH.
As for Thorpe, they've retained the policy of opening before the official time, so it might be worth getting there for 9:30, especially if you want to do Swarm backwards as that will build up a queue very quickly that is unlikely to get any shorter throughout the day.

Having gone very recently I'll add to this: For those coming by train, aim to get a train coming in to Staines around 9:10, the shuttle bus will be outside the station, it costs £3.50. A suggested meet up point is in front of the stage in the dome The Swarm (Backwards) or Colossus (Front seat) are the best for first ride, there will not be a better opportunity for the rest of the day

I can now confirm that I will be there for both days! Staying at T5 Travelodge with Mike. Not sure what time ill be there on the Friday, I finish work at 2, will most likely go home get ready then head down to get there not too late.

Anyone got plans for food Friday night? Or is everyone getting there fairly late? If not Services it is for me :p

I'll go to a pub if it's not too late, Mike - but it can vary between 2 and 3 1/2 hours on a Friday!