• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Monorail Refurbishment

It looks like a large sign so can’t really work out where it could go. But I would have expected it to say open or closed if that’s what it’s for. So I agree it probably would be for them to open and close the monorail if it was getting busy or not.

I still can’t see how they can operate it without causing issues at the towers street station. Even on reduced capacity there is still a large amount of people arriving at once. Where will all these people to, spread two metres apart waiting to get bag checked and temp checked.

I'd imagine around the back of the station and then fed in from the bus stop side. I see your point though. Other option is to station someone at the monorail station at the car park and check before you enter and then have them guided at the other end down a straight path to say the furthest right turnstiles

My assumption is that the sign is to close the queue for monorail once too many people are waiting due to the reduced capacity with distancing.

Could be. Perhaps when the queue is reaching capacity they will limit it to only those who are unable to walk, such as disabled guests.

Could be. Perhaps when the queue is reaching capacity they will limit it to only those who are unable to walk, such as disabled guests.
I'd say that could be rocky ground and opening Towers up to complaints of discrimination! Who decides who can walk and who can't? You'd get the guests putting on a limp to pretend they can't walk so they can get to use it which could then stop/delay genuine non-able guests from using it.

I'd say that could be rocky ground and opening Towers up to complaints of discrimination! Who decides who can walk and who can't? You'd get the guests putting on a limp to pretend they can't walk so they can get to use it which could then stop/delay genuine non-able guests from using it.

I think you are overthinking this. The monorail hasn't been working for most of 2020 and they've managed. I think most people with blue badges get to park close to the park entrance anyway so aren't using the monorail. If you base the decision on blue badges then no need to worry about discrimination as a council has already decided they can have the badge.

Also the sign states "no access to monorail - see a team member for assistance", that doesn't promise anything, only the open side shows that it is wheelchair accessible, but as above most people that have mobility needs won't park in the main car park anyway, I expect it would just be a small number of hotel guests who parked at the hotel and took the monorail to the park instead of moving the car to the disabled car park.

I think you are overthinking this. The monorail hasn't been working for most of 2020 and they've managed. I think most people with blue badges get to park close to the park entrance anyway so aren't using the monorail. If you base the decision on blue badges then no need to worry about discrimination as a council has already decided they can have the badge.

Also the sign states "no access to monorail - see a team member for assistance", that doesn't promise anything, only the open side shows that it is wheelchair accessible, but as above most people that have mobility needs won't park in the main car park anyway, I expect it would just be a small number of hotel guests who parked at the hotel and took the monorail to the park instead of moving the car to the disabled car park.
My guess is they'll have one person directing people which way to go on foot

Leek Signs have posted a video tonight on their Facebook page of the new sign. It’s actually for the Towers Street station and just outside the station entrance.

I was expecting it to be for the other station to be fair. But I guess if they are closing the station if it gets busy then you won’t have the queue across the plaza.

Either that or they plan to operate it on peak days only or something.

If it was a peak day only operation type thingy then they wouldn’t really need a new sign, they could just leave the shutter down that has ‘closed’ painted on it, like they did for 2020.

Leek Signs have posted a video tonight on their Facebook page of the new sign. It’s actually for the Towers Street station and just outside the station entrance.

I was expecting it to be for the other station to be fair. But I guess if they are closing the station if it gets busy then you won’t have the queue across the plaza.

Either that or they plan to operate it on peak days only or something.
Here's the video for those who don't want to go digging around. :)

Last edited:
IMO Towers should have a bus shuttle service between the main car park and park entrance when the monorail is overloaded, like what some American parks do like the Disney parks, Dollywood, SDC, etc.

IMO Towers should have a bus shuttle service between the main car park and park entrance when the monorail is overloaded, like what some American parks do like the Disney parks, Dollywood, SDC, etc.

If the monorail was run correctly it wouldn't be overloaded. They need to run enough trains at peak time (particularly mornings), batch onto the platform before the train arrives and (once Covid is less of an issue) make sure every bay has as many guests as possible. Run correctly the monorail can get through loads of guests, but they can't be bothered to do that.

Buses would be worse as harder to batch and only have 1-2 doors so takes longer to load and unload. Might be a good option from Enchanted Village though as its the furthest from the park.