• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Moon Voyager rooms and beyond!

Mi-Nigle said:
I like them, it's not all stickers and there's some good looking tangible themeing. The carpet looks great. I'm not sure whether I'm imagining this but I'm sure I read on here that all rooms will eventually become moon voyager? The themeing can't be too extravagant or the cost would be too high to roll it out across the hotel.

I wouldn't however pay what they are asking, I'd be hard pushed to pay that for a 'proper' themed room.

Eventually all of the rooms will be themed and re-vamped, but they won't all be Moon Voyager
BigAl said:
Too many stickers. :(

Although the rooms to have stickers on the walls, there is a lot of 3D theming such as the golden pipes, cogs and gauges which you can't see much of in the pics ;D

There's also this image

moon-voyage-new-side.jpg

The theming looks superb, and the rooms look large enough and also very comfortable.

I can't wait to see how the other rooms will be themed!

They look pretty good actually, there appears to be some really nice theming features especially the new mirrors and light fixtures, but the vinyls are tacky and the carpets are way too in your face.

Overall this is really positive but I wouldn't want this specific theme rolled out across the entire hotel, and I certainly would not pay over £200 a night to stay here. I really think space in these rooms might be an issue too, what with a divider wall across the room.

I would like to hope there is still a place in the hotel for patchwork quilts and pictures of Sir Algenon's classic inventions on the walls.

I also can't help but feel the adult appeal is being lost along the way...

:)

If you take a look over on the Alton Towers website you'll find 4 new images of the rooms.

I think they look great, still not worth the price - but they do look great. I like the adult and childrens parts are seperate and the fixtures and fittings look higher quality than the normal rooms - although I do worry how long a 4 foot teddy can in a room without getting mankey and dirty.

Also the new bathrooms finally look smashing!

I would be taking the Teddy Bear home with me if I stopped there, surely they don't expect people to leave it in the room?

Ian

They did used to have teddy bears back in the 90s but got rid of them due to guests taking them home (rumoured).

I was under the assumption these would be far bigger than the original teddy bears so it would prevent guests from trying to take them home. However by looking at that picture it looks no bigger than the old ones and looks just as easy to get away with taking home.

The walls remind me of Bubbleworks.... cheap prints of CGI that looks as realistic as the moon landings. Maybe that was their intention, given the theme of these rooms? Would it kill them to cut out some MDF cogs and spray them bronze? Nah, just print them on stickers, no one will care. ::)

The bathroom looks a bit better, though still just as small as the standard rooms. I wonder if they might splash out on some nicer loo roll for these stupidly overpriced rooms? Or will it still be the stuff that is half the size of domestic bog paper and as rough as sand paper?
I know, I know.... I'm asking far too much here. People expect cheap loo roll no matter how expensive the hotel. :p

I've been really supportive of these rooms so far, the concept art looked amazing but those pictures leave me pretty cold.

It looks like a good quality 4* hotel room with a bit of quirky decor, not the fully immersive, premium product that I was expecting. :/

Stickers are horrid, just can't get over how cheap they look. The room size is hard to gauge as it looks tiny in the first set of pictures but a nice size in the image on this page. Bathroom looks nice but again small.

I dont get the criticism to be honest, Id stay in one of these!

The room size cant change, its a clear issue that they cant make these rooms bigger without expanding the hotel, so I dont understand those criticisms.
Perhaps they could have re-jigged the internal walls to create a bigger bathroom but then sacrifice the bedroom portion - which looks to me SO much better laid out too.

To me the photos look pretty identical to the imaged released beforehand. But look at the modern bathroom features (a nice sink and glass shower enclosure), leather tub chairs, nice soft furnishings and a games console. Im not going to moan about the rooms at all.

*moon voyager apologist*

It seems the prices are dropping a bit for these rooms too (not much more than £40 more expensive than standard rooms on some nights). It's quite nice and the addition of aircon and improved bathrooms are welcome.

Would rather they avoided wall stickers though as it looks a little less premium, but that's me being picky.

Quick opinion from me... Furnishings look great, bathroom looks fantastic and theme is a great idea and has been done pretty well. My one main criticism though would be that the new dividing wall to create a kids area has made the room feel awfully hemmed in and cramped to me.

The rooms do look great, they're really nicely themed. Like Scott though, I'm not overly keen on the dividing wall. It's a nice idea to create a kids area but it does make the room look a lot smaller than it is. The area with the double bed has hardly any space, it's awfully cramped.

I think maybe an element of quality is missing, it could do with a nice purple patterned wallpaper instead of two toned walls and with a similar sort of design for the furnishing in the room too.

You've got to remember these are only standard rooms, eventually there will be over 100 of this 'standard' of room which isnt cheap, if you want fully immersive theming then stay in a themed suite?

I too am not overly impressed with the stickers and look a little too futuristic for the hotel but that is only a minor point

siralgenon said:
You've got to remember these are only standard rooms, eventually there will be over 100 of this 'standard' of room which isnt cheap, if you want fully immersive theming then stay in a themed suite?

I too am not overly impressed with the stickers and look a little too futuristic for the hotel but that is only a minor point

I doubt all the hotel's rooms with be themed specifically around Moon Voyaging...

CoasterCrazyChris said:
siralgenon said:

I doubt all the hotel's rooms with be themed specifically around Moon Voyaging...

I thought, bar the themed suites, that the plan was to eventually roll this out across the hotel? :)

djtruefitt said:
I think that is the plan, I imagine it will depend how well these sell. But they wont all be themed to moon voyagers.

Yh, I would imagine they'll be the same layout but with a different theme.

It's only the stickers and fabrics that let it down really.

LiamC said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
siralgenon said:

I thought, bar the themed suites, that the plan was to eventually roll this out across the hotel? :)

If this is the case then I retract my criticism. I was under the impression that these were premium rooms to be pitched somewhere between standard rooms and the themed suites.

If the Moon rooms are the standard rooms of the future then I'm quite impressed.