• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Moon Voyager rooms and beyond!

I was fortunate enough to have a look in one of the Moon Voyager rooms yesterday. They are fantastic! They look so much better than the standard rooms. Some of the theming details are brilliant and the bathroom looks top notch.

I would have to give them a 10/10. I'd love to be able to stay in one.

:)

Unlike Rob, I only managed to visit the corridor, and I must say it is very impressive. The detail that has gone into the carpet, walls, doors and even the door numbers are amazing. From the photos I saw on Facebook, thanks to DaveW, it looks great and that teddy bear is huge! :)

The giant teddy is lovely, so soft! Has a really nice costume as well! Just a shame you can't take him home!

Rob said:
The giant teddy is lovely, so soft! Has a really nice costume as well! Just a shame you can't take him home!

What do you mean? If it's not nailed down then it's yours. That's hotel room law.

Novas said:
Rob said:

What do you mean? If it's not nailed down then it's yours. That's hotel room law.

I think they may notice someone carrying out a massive bear! ;) But yeah, we were told that you can't take them, though I'm sure people will try!

Rob said:
Novas said:
Rob said:

I think they may notice someone carrying out a massive bear! ;) But yeah, we were told that you can't take them, though I'm sure people will try!

If you've got a big enough suitcase, why the hell not? With the price they're charging for the rooms,
I'd feel like I deserve to take it to be honest. :p

I've no idea how fussy they would be if you did take it. But if they saw it was missing they do have your contact details from the booking so I'd imagine they may be asking for it back! Those size bears with standard ride t-shirts normally cost £100!

Also, 1000th post! ;D (been waiting to be able to do that for a while! :p )

Yes, I think I need to change my previous comment on this subject, ask at reception if you can take the bear home would be my advice, as briefly discussed on Sunday, those bears might not be as soft and cuddly after a few months.

The rooms are indeed lovely, and very quirky, and are as good as any room you will find in Hotel Parks in mainland Europe.

The separation of the Children s beds, and double bed adds a nice bit of privacy for the adults, and does not make the room feel smaller than the current rooms, although I am sure looking at the floor space, there would be less in these new rooms.

I also like that the new double beds will all have zips, so they can become single beds. No more awkward bed sharing if you don't want to. The fridge is also a nice addition, its not a mini bar, so plenty of room to keep your own drinks nice and cool.

Are the worth the price they are currently charging, Yes! With the extra privacy on the corridor, and the rooms being new. I think having these rooms as a the Premium rooms on resort, followed by the new Cabins as the Luxury rooms, with Splash being the "Budget" rooms.

Ian

Apologies for a potentially ridiculous question but can these rooms be shared by 4 adults?

I want to give one a whirl but the asking price is just too much for me.

Yes, Two adults would have to sleep in the bunk beds though, so maybe the smallest person would need to take the top bunk.

There is also a room with two double beds, which can be separated into single beds. It could be worth asking if this room is available when booking. I have not seen this room, so I do not know how it compares to the room with bunk beds.

Ian

Here's the promotional image in full view, if anyone's interested:

ATR_2013_Moon_Voyage_Bedroom_The_Sun_HR_CMYK_zps0a91b22f.jpg

Shame it looks completely different to the actual rooms... some dodgy photoshopping there too. :p

Very dodgy indeed! That kid's head on the top bunk... :/

Still, nice to see something nice and fresh being advertised for the hotels. It's been a stale product for many years for me, and hopefully with a marketing push for these new rooms, the rest won't be far behind!

After being in the rooms, I can tell you they are no where near as wide and open as that! Especially around the double bed.

Booked one of these for a trip next month. £200.00 for two of us. They don't count as themed suites so atleast I got the (very minor) MAP discount. :D