• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Moon Voyager rooms and beyond!

Are they prepared to offer discount on the Moon Voyager rooms? With 20% off, they'd come to a teeny bit more tolerable £296.

Jordan said:
Are they prepared to offer discount on the Moon Voyager rooms? With 20% off, they'd come to a teeny bit more tolerable £296.

Woman on the phone looked at my current booking and specifically said "Ahhh, yes, you won't be able to keep that discount - no discounts on any themed rooms!", which seems a shame.

At £90 per person these are definitely looking to be a premium product at least while there are so few of them (and judging by progress so far they should be a quality one. It's up to you whether or not the price is worth it).

Still massively over priced at £370 I feel, especially with no AP discount. Although saying that, I've just had a look at the prices of some themed rooms for a Saturday night in August. Here are some prices based on 4 adults in a room:

Standard ATH room: £221.25
Standard Splash room: £206.25
Sonic room: £382.50
Moon Voyager room: £333.00
Peter Rabbit room: £328.50
Chocolate, Splish Splash and Celebration rooms: £427.50

Other themed rooms are of similar prices. On the Friday night the Moon Voyager room comes down to £306.

So it looks like the Moon Voyager rooms are going to cost less than most other themed rooms in the long run, which is probably how it should be. Although it seems they are definitely themed rooms at the moment, not better standard rooms. Have the themed rooms always been this expensive though? I'm sure they've not. And no discount on them is poor.

EDIT: Moon Voyager rooms are £333.00 when booked online for 16th March.

:)

Many other theme rooms sleep 6 though.

My concern is that fourteen rooms in ATH are now £100+ more per night to stay in.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If they aren't offering annual pass discount online is going to be the best place to book these rooms, as I believe all the online prices are 10% cheaper than over the phone.

I did look and when you select more adults, the rooms that do sleep 6 such as the Celebration room do go up in price. The Chocolate, Splish Splash and Celebration rooms are £427.50 for 4 adults or £454.50 for 6 adults. Obviously it is cheaper to have 6.

But yes, it does appear that you can get 10% off the themed rooms if you book them online. Seems strange that they offer online discount but not AP discount. In the past you had to ring up to book themed rooms as they weren't online. And I think you used to get discount, pretty sure we did when booking a Pirate room in 2010.

Hi, new to the forum and just read through it re the moon voyager and themed rooms. I can confirm that AP discount CAN be used when booking over the phone. I rang today and was informed the discount could not be used, i asked if the terms had changed as have used it in the past and she said it was at managers discretion, so she asked manager and hey presto it was absolutely fine...even at bank holiday weekend! So May bank holiday Sunday, 4 people, moon voyager room £208! Hope this is of some assistance :)

Hi Tiddlypeeps!

Sadly the Alton Towers booking line is as consistent as a jug of school custard. You will never get the same response twice from them, sometimes it just takes sheer brute force, will power and demanding to speak to a manager to get the response (you often know) is correct.

So good on you for sticking to your guns!

I hope you have a wonderful time, if you get some pictures we'd love it if you shared them with us too, so everyone can have a nose around - and let us know what you though of the rooms. I think they look a great addition.

We have several roving reporters in the Towers area right now, so here's the latest from the Moon Voyager rooms! *excited wiggle*

full-image.php

full-image.php

You have to scan your key to access the corridor, which would reinforce the idea that these are very much a premium product. Looking amazing :D

Looking sharp! Defo goint to be trying these out before the end of the season. Is the first thing to be done to the hotel side of the resort that's got me excited for years.

The corridor looks amazing, very well detailed. Was very impressed when I saw it today. I do like that you have to scan your key card to enter the corridor, stops people from running past loudly etc which you don't want when you've paid all that money.

My hunch is that they've added key card access to the corridor to keep out the geeks who haven't remortgaged paid for a room. :p

I like them, it's not all stickers and there's some good looking tangible themeing. The carpet looks great. I'm not sure whether I'm imagining this but I'm sure I read on here that all rooms will eventually become moon voyager? The themeing can't be too extravagant or the cost would be too high to roll it out across the hotel.

I wouldn't however pay what they are asking, I'd be hard pushed to pay that for a 'proper' themed room.

Ooh, that's nice!

Some of the wallpaper/stickers look like what I had in my bedroom when I was 5 (from B&Q), but at least the bathroom actually looks like somewhere you'd be happy to spend five minutes in.