• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Movie Park Germany

That's an interesting place to put it, right at the entrance. Let's hope the throughout is good! I'm delighted to see them buying from Mack though. :)

Movie Park have already started work on the groundwork for the 2017 coaster:

100216moviepark1.jpg

100216moviepark2.jpg

Source: Looopings

A nice early start!

:)

Bump!

Movie Park have confirmed that their new Mack coaster will have a Star Trek theme, here is a statement from the park:
Movie Park Germany said:
World's only Star Trek ™ Licensed rollercoaster is second-highest structure in the park

A roller coaster of superlatives expected in 2017, the guests of Movie Park Germany. It is not only the second highest building in the park, also it receives the world's only attraction at an amusement park, the film license of "Star Trek ™". "We are thrilled and proud that we were able to agree on a cooperation with the licensor CBS Consumer Products Inc. in the United States. So we, as Germany's largest film and theme park again high standards, "says CEO Thorsten Backhaus. Star Trek ™ excited for 50 years the generations with well-known characters such as Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock and Captain Picard.

Even with the manufacturer of the new amusement ride is the park on quality. "We can win the company Mack Rides for this important project, the largest German manufacturer of roller coasters and amusement park equipment," explains Thorsten Backhaus. Although the company operates worldwide, however, the construction of a roller coaster in a German amusement park is very special. Christian Freiherr von Elverfeldt, managing director at Mack Rides, would be: "With an average export rate of over 90 percent, it is to build for us a special treat such a great investment in the Movie Park Germany."

Just in time for the 20th anniversary of the park, the city council Bottrop has given the final approval for the project. Thorsten Backhaus is happy: "We appreciate the trust the city Bottrop appreciated and can not wait durchzustarten correctly with this new prestigious project." The future location of the roller coaster is located in the entrance area of the Movie Park Germany and will in future be as eye-catching all visitors welcome with an impressive silhouette. "Higher is only the free fall tower at the Park", the managing director describes the dimensions.

The new roller coaster is to be the guest catapult-like accelerated and pulled not only a hill to a so-called Launch Coaster, a roller coaster in. "We have an item in the route, which is unique in Europe and will definitely surprise guests," he reveals first details. In the coming weeks, further construction is scheduled to start, including the construction of the rails.

The construction of the roller coaster developed Germany's largest film and theme park not only its product portfolio for families and young people continue, but also responds to a large client desires, explains CEO Thorsten Backhaus. "The regular surveys that we conduct in the park, have shown that our guests choose to make a large, new thrill attraction. The let them get in the season 2017 as well. "

A time lapse video of construction so far has also been released:

All of the footers for the coaster are completed. Based of these and the original image of the coaster that was released a model has been made by Tobi (who also did the incredible Taron model):

423399d1462824975-2017-neuheit-achterbahn-mack-rides-45-meter-hoch-movie-park-screenshot-2016-05-09-22-11-22.jpg

So as initially suspected this is going to be a variation of a shuttle coaster from Mack, a bit like one of the new Intamins in China.

This had better not be based on the reboot.

You mean the reboot that saved the dwindling franchise and modernised it creating 2 films which are now in my top 10 greatest films ever chart? That reboot? I hope it is :D:cool:

9440636d1472140806-2017-neuheit-star-trek-operation-enterprise-achterbahn-mack-rides-movie-park-cimg0009.jpg

A few days back the first pieces of Star Trek: Operation Enterprise's track were put into place.

9442237d1473007424-2017-neuheit-star-trek-operation-enterprise-achterbahn-mack-rides-movie-park-cimg0019.jpg

I am interested to see how this coaster turns out and look forward to riding it next year. Hope there will be some decent theming.

That looks great from the park entrance! Apparenrly the element is very similar to one of the elements on Blackpool's 2018 Mack.

Triple post I'm afraid but Movie Park have posted some new photos! Now this is a funky element:

14435371_1242311769147408_9125955226922431847_o.jpg

14424692_1242312115814040_5699609410341152392_o.jpg

14425452_1242312552480663_8541426019974465543_o.jpg

14480499_1242312672480651_2204414892989831148_o.jpg

This coaster is turning out to look a lot more exciting than I was initially expecting!

That element looks insane, very interested to see some more info on this coaster as there doesn't seem to be that much available, especially this far into the build.

Looks good, seems to start of a bit slow but gets some pace towards the end however not going to judge anything based on long distance footage where we can't see the ride in full

Looks good, seems to start of a bit slow but gets some pace towards the end however not going to judge anything based on long distance footage where we can't see the ride in full

I assume the park will post a testing video at some stage since they have been constantly providing updates.
Also this is an early test so that isn't the final speed. I'm sure it will be a good bit faster.