• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Movie Park Germany

Ahhh, coaster testing season has begun! :D

There is no way that is testing at full speed yet mind. No doubt they will be building it up over the next few weeks, it's going to be exciting to see. I think this will be a really good fun coaster.

:)

Ahhh, coaster testing season has begun! :D

There is no way that is testing at full speed yet mind. No doubt they will be building it up over the next few weeks, it's going to be exciting to see. I think this will be a really good fun coaster.

yeah I knew it would run slower but forgot to put it in my initial post :)

Looking forward to getting on this in June (if it opens by then, although it should with it's Spring time stamp)

Last edited:
16707211_1397129713665612_5609621995859181231_o.jpg

16665600_1397129760332274_5248296452825224584_o.jpg

16664918_1397129810332269_5209310640758989174_o.jpg

16700543_1397129780332272_3265620897714547713_o.jpg

From Movie Park Germany's Facebook page.
https://m.facebook.com/MovieParkGermany/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
There are also images of the work in surrounding area.

Last edited:
We have some off ride and a bit of POV footage posted by the park and a bit of information about the story of the ride

Looks very good from some of the shots, Movie Park Germany have a good reputation so far for producing impressive looking videos!

TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH
Are you ready, you at warp speed into new spheres to catapult?
It will be from Spring 2017 your mission:

The crew of the enterprise NCC-1701-D is on the journey to a meeting of federations of the borg and attacked the enemy ship been promoted. The enterprise itself is held prisoner in a tractor beam. Ship and crew are completely incapacitated.

Now you're in the game! As a newly trained starfleet cadet you'll beam from the bridge of a neighbor vessel to the orphaned enterprise, to get you into little shuttles the biggest challenge of your life: break through in a breathtaking rescue mission the shields of the borg ship and destroy the main systems. Only then is the crew of the enterprise and saved the holodeck-mission accomplished.

The United federations are counting on you!

Don't like the mention of the holodeck...

Reactions: Rob
They're really doing a good job at teasing us with this coaster and building up excitement! Really looking forward to seeing a full POV released now, I'd imagine that it will be sooner rather than later.

Do we know if it is due to open at the start of the 2017 season? It looks on course to do so, would be a nice change from the current trend of opening rides in May/June time.

They're really doing a good job at teasing us with this coaster and building up excitement! Really looking forward to seeing a full POV released now, I'd imagine that it will be sooner rather than later.

Do we know if it is due to open at the start of the 2017 season? It looks on course to do so, would be a nice change from the current trend of opening rides in May/June time.

As long as it's open by June I'm happy as I'm visiting the park for the first time!

I said a similar thing to friends I'm going with that it will open for the start of season, they are doing a phenomenal job. Unlike other parks with rides opening for about the same time frame such as Gold Rush at Slagharen where construction has only just gone vertical...

Sorry to double post but noticed that a lot more information has dropped on the website via a press release:

It has to go fast. There is no time to think about it. Each handle has to sit, because: There is only one attempt. Enemy Borg keep the USS Enterprise trapped in their tractor beam. The ship and crew are incapacitated. The Enterprise Enterprise orphaned. The last hope is the newly trained Starfleet cadets, who are making their way into the vastness of the universe in shuttles. A rescue mission that is anything but easy. For the attack the shields of the Borg ship must be broken and the main systems destroyed. This is the only way to save the Enterprise crew. The highest concentration is required despite an incredible adrenaline rush. This is how she looks, the new mission in the vastness of the universe for the guests of the Moviepark Germany.

With Warp Speed into New Spheres
As the only leisure park in the world, Movie Park Germany is opening a new roller coaster with the official Star Trek license. The focus is on the "The Next Generation" series. The intergalactic triple-launch coaster "Star Trek: Operation Enterprise" will allow the guests to enter new spheres with warp speed, thanks to a spectacular track, numerous inversions, a 40-meter-high Twisted Halfpipe and a 10.5-ton transfer glide system.

Immediately in the entrance area, the second highest building changes the silhouette of the park fundamentally, as Managing Director Thorsten Backhaus reports. "Both the 'Twisted Halfpipe' and the 30-meter-high 'Top Hat' promise guests a completely new adrenaline rush when they arrive at the park. Because a launch coaster, which does not pull the guests up a hill, but accelerates it three times forward and backwards catapult-like, has not yet happened in our history. "

A new Star Trek universe created
Eng with the licensor CBS Consumer Products in the USA matched, for the guests of the Moviepark Germany but not only a fantastic roller coaster, but also the whole new topic area "Federation Plaza". Around the former film museum, futuristic, Star Trek-styled backdrops bring the world of the Starfleet Academy to life. In a newly built shop, guests can also buy fan merchandise after heartwarming. "From the large forecourt it goes through the gates of the Academy into a 1000 square meter hall in which the guests are not only introduced into the world of the generational Star Trek universe, but also become Starfleet cadets," explains Thorsten Backhaus The story behind "Star Trek: Operation Enterprise". "As cadets, our guests are part of a mission to save the entire crew of the USS Enterprise from assimilation by the hostile Borg."

Dive into a New Galaxy
The crew of the Enterprise NCC-1701-D is on a journey to a meeting of the Federations when they are attacked by the Borg and carried to the enemy ship. The Enterprise is unmanned and trapped in the tractor beam. The only salvation: the Starfleet cadets, which are at the time of the attack on the bridge of an adjacent ship. From their transporter room they are to be bequeathed to the Enterprise and with the shuttles to save the crew. Only if Borg's shields are successfully manipulated and the main systems destroyed, the Enterprise crew is saved and the Holodeck mission successfully completed.

A perfect combination of license and attraction
For the managing director of Germany's largest film and leisure park, this is precisely the path to success: "It is no longer enough to build a unique roller coaster, the story must also be right. We have to make it a bit exciting to get the guests from entering the attraction to the initial part. "Star Trek is a more than grateful theme for it. "Film and TV licenses are the key factor in our park and Star Trek has been passionate about generations for more than 50 years."

The opening in spring 2017 marks the end of a more than two-year planning and construction phase. "It all started with visitor surveys, market and target group analyzes. It was clear that we wanted to offer a thrill attraction, which appeals not only to teens and young adults, but also to families. As a result, we have looked for suitable licenses that are as generic as possible, "explains Thorsten Backhaus. A long-term cooperation with licensing partners was also desired. All these requirements ultimately led to Star Trek. "The brand and the roller coaster are an ideal combination. We can not wait to open it and send our guests to this exciting trip. "

As well as:

de_movie_park_pressemitteilung_a4_hoch_800.jpg

Hmm, the Achitecture doesn't seem to match anything familiar from TNG era Trek.

Hmm, the Achitecture doesn't seem to match anything familiar from TNG era Trek.
Yeah I had hoped for better theming. But then again its Movie Park and they are simply retheming an old Hollywood style street and the former Film Museum. All they've done so far is strip back the facades, paint them and cover up the windows.
Perhaps the finished product will resemble the real thing better. Can't say I'm very optimistic though...

Hmm, potential transporter pad and holodeck rooms there. :D

As for the Borg Cube made out of motherboards, The original filming model was made from all kinds of junk, mostly plastic kit parts still on the sprue. It seems perfectly fitting to me.

I must say, my desire to visit Movie Park is increasing...

Hmm, potential transporter pad and holodeck rooms there. :D

As for the Borg Cube made out of motherboards, The original filming model was made from all kinds of junk, mostly plastic kit parts still on the sprue. It seems perfectly fitting to me.

I must say, my desire to visit Movie Park is increasing...

Yeah, absolutely! Seems very nice inside

I'm just hoping it opens in June when I visit!