• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mr Twirly iPhone Skin

Alastair

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Rise of the Resistance
Had a go at designing one....don't think it looks bad myself. A bit pricey at nearly £10 inc. postage but I'll probably give it a go!

Here's with AT logo:

7091f8b5549a4fbbe344180964ffdf14.png

...and without...

49b67ca298b33f1d3da479c8348098f2.png

Personally I think the middle looks a bit messy without the AT logo, but then again the swirl alone is more intriguing.

They can both be purchased here - if you want the swirl on its own then you have to click edit on the buy screen and delete the AT logo (easy enough to do).

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but I think you'll find if you sell these your going to be breaking the law! :( :eek:

Joseph said:
Sorry to burst your bubble guys but I think you'll find if you sell these your going to be breaking the law! :( :eek:

I'm not selling them, I've just designed it. In any case, I hardly think Merlin are going to object to part of their logo being distributed further and popularised.

Thats true! ;D... Could you make one for a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 By any chance the one with the resort logo on? :)

Er.... It's good but its not exactly symmetrical (logo under camera) If you could slightly adjust it.

Alastair said:
Joseph said:
In any case, I hardly think Merlin are going to object to part of their logo being distributed further and popularised.

Well yes they would as it would be copyright infringement if you sold these (as you've said you're not though there is no problem). Still, anyone who uses the logo to sell products will have Merlin's legal team coming right at them!

Nice design you've done there anyway, they look great! I hope Alton Towers decide to sell some phone covers.

James said:
Alastair said:
Joseph said:
In any case, I hardly think Merlin are going to object to part of their logo being distributed further and popularised.

Well yes they would as it would be copyright infringement if you sold these (as you've said you're not though there is no problem). Still, anyone who uses the logo to sell products will have Merlin's legal team coming right at them!

Nice design you've done there anyway, they look great! I hope Alton Towers decide to sell some phone covers.

I certainly wouldn't ever try and sell them myself! I just thought this was interesting and that others would like it as well :)

I've just ordered the case, including a new yellow cap for the bottom of my phone to complement it.

Thanks very much!

Alastair said:
I certainly wouldn't ever try and sell them myself! I just thought this was interesting and that others would like it as well :)

Great job on these mate!!

Oh and by the way everyone, show me a TRADEMARK icon on any of those posters...

An anonymous design, being posted everywhere. There is no assignment of ownership anywhere.

Sheep? No. Posters? No. Train stations? No.

The whole purpose of this is no-one knows where it is coming from, you will most likely find tons of people snapping it and using the icon - it's the risk Towers are taking, for a marketing campaign of far higher worth. It is also appearing everywhere, on peoples pages, twitter icons, all sorts, and they don't seem remotely bothered.

OK, if you start knocking out a whole website business based on it, they will get grouchy - but the idea of this, as Alastair rightly says, is to get it out into the public domain.

Later, it will be a different story.

Right now though? ...

No ones mentioned trademarks, so not quite sure where you're coming from there?

It's a piece of art work produced by a company or person. Automatically an art work is copyrighted to the original creator (or owner). Therefore it cannot be reproduced or sold by external bodies/persons unless permission is granted from the copyright holder. Very basic stuff to know when dealing with art work.

Anyway, I really don't see the point in this turning into a completely pointless debate. It's just a topic for Alastair to show his designs, lets just admire his work. :)

I suppose if people do want to debate copyright and trademarks a new topic could easily be made.

James said:
No ones mentioned trademarks, so not quite sure where you're coming from there?

It's a piece of art work produced by a company or person. Automatically an art work is copyrighted to the original creator (or owner). Therefore it cannot be reproduced or sold by external bodies/persons unless permission is granted from the copyright holder. Very basic stuff to know when dealing with art work.

Anyway, I really don't see the point in this turning into a completely pointless debate. It's just a topic for Alastair to show his designs, lets just admire his work. :)

I suppose if people do want to debate copyright and trademarks a new topic could easily be made.

I was, probably rather poorly after a re-read, getting at the fact they haven't gone out of their way to claim ownership, and are posting it everywhere anonymously to gain interest and intrigue. It would be a bit daft, if a few people then used it like Alastair to make themselves something with it on, to come down heavy.

In fact it would be totally against the spirit of it, and would render their campaign a fail.

If you throw something out like this, to create such intrigue etc, you have to expect it will be used and spread around. It is almost like you sacrifice the logo for publicity and intrigue, that is how it pays you. Then obviously when it comes to merchandise time, a whole different ball game.

My point was actually, I did not see the point in bringing it up due to the nature of their campaign, not to get involved in a big copyright debate.

Could you possibly do one for HTC Desire C? With the AT logo in the middle :)

I'm on my new fangled telecommunications device! So if I spell anything wrong, I do apologise.