• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mumbai, India 2013: 'Adlabs Imagica' inc. B&M Floorless

Sam

TS Member
New park being built in India, hopefully India's first proper theme park!

RCDB said:
Located on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway outside of Mumbai (AKA Bombay).
Etymology: The park has been called "Walkwater" by a few sources. "Walkwater Media" is a film company started by Manmohan Shetty and is not believed to be the official name of the park.
Owner / Operator: Built by Indian entrepreneur Manmohan Shetty's company Adlabs Entertainment.

Here's the (pretty decent for India) website.

Four coasters, including a Zamperla mine train, a Premier indoor space-themed coaster, an unknown family coaster and a B&M floorless called 'Nitro'!

Sounds good, if this actually comes to fruition. According to RCDB it's meant to be opening... err, now, but since there's no photos of construction around, I'm going to presume that's an error. Apparently it'll be a clone of this:

llnsb43q2cso30r000m9le.jpg

Looks alright. It's one small step for theme parks, but one giant leap forward for India. :)

Screamscape have some news on the proposed attractions for the park:

2013 - NEW PARK - (3/25/13) The details about what we can expect from India’s major new theme park, Adlabs Imagica, have long been shrouded in secrecy, but with the park slated to open in April, they have updated their official website and put everything on the table at last. So far I’m impressed with the list of attractions in this park, since they seem to have a large number of dark rides and themed adventure attractions, including:
Rajasaurus River Adventure – A themed outdoor dinosaur water ride
Curse of Salimgarh – A trip into the dungeons of Salimgarh that includes “torture rooms and a princess trapped for eternity. Would you dare encounter these and live to tell the tale? Attempt to navigate these eerie corridors only if you think you can get out alive! ”
Alibaba Aur Chalis Chorr – Interactive Dark Ride – 40 Theives = 40 Targets. Get them all and save the Sultan’s treasure.
Mr. India: The Ride – A wild simulator ride adventure
I For India – Soar over the stunning sights of India (similar to Disney’s Soarin’ ride)
Wrath of the Gods – Temple Ruins, home to the forces of the Elements, a blending of live theater, special effects and multimedia. Brace for the god’s fury.
Cinema 360: Price of the Dark Waters – A virtual dive deep into the ocean as you watch mermaids swim around and over you from inside a giant domed 3,100 sqft screen.
Deep Space – India’s first dark roller coaster (Premier Rides) featuring a LSM launch system.
Gold Rush Express – A trip into the American West on this themed outdoor mine train coaster that rushes through ravines, tunnels and abandoned gold mines.
Splash Ahoy – A pirate themed Splash Battle ride
Bandits of Robin Hood – Outdoor kids coaster
Loch Ness Expplorers – Flume Ride
Save the Pirate – kiddie ride
Tubby Takes Off – Dumbo style ride
Mambo Chai Chama (Crazy Tea Cups)
The Magic Carousel
Bump It Boats
D2 Dare Drop – Shot ‘n’ Drop Tower
Scream Machine – Spinnin and soaring as you swing back and forth on this Afterburn style flat ride.
Yes, it seems like quite an interesting collection of attractions set inside six different themed zones: Viva Europa, Asiana, India, Arabia, Americana, Jambo Africa. I’m really interested to see how this all turns out, especially since we haven’t seen any construction updates about this park at all so far. The website’s list of attractions does list some as “Coming Soon”, so I can only imagine that not everything will be ready to go on opening day. With April just around the corner, I’m sure it wont be long before the park opens and photos are released online to show it all off, so stay tuned!

Along with an article, IBT has some photos of the park...

A ceremony for the first few guests:
adlabs-imagica.jpg

One of their restaurants:
zeze-bar-grill-adlabs-imagica-2.jpg

Zamperla Aero Top Jet?
tubby-takes-adlabs-imagica.jpg

Looks like a Zamperla Giant Discovery?
scream-machine-adlabs-imagica-2.jpg

Inside the dinner:
red-bonnet-american-diner-adlabs-imagica.jpg

Outside the dinner:
its-showtime-adlabs-imagica.jpg

A wild west entertainer being shot with invisible bullets just outside Gold Rush Express:
fun-times-adlabs-imagica-8.jpg

Bandits of Robin Hood?
adlabs-imagica-7.jpg

By the looks of the top detailing and the carriages, this is probably a Technical Park Merry-Go-Round:
magic-carousel-adlabs-imagica.jpg

Zamperla Tea Cups, by the looks of the middle piece of theming and the styling and shape of the cups:
adlabs-imagica-8.jpg

Everyone's favourite kind of water ride:
adlabs-imagica-6.jpg

A dinosaur attraction:
adlabs-imagica-3.jpg

A bald Velociraptor wearing jeans?
fun-times-adlabs-imagica-9.jpg

A hand:
adlabs-imagica-5.jpg

Nightlife, etc...
adlabs-imagica-4.jpg

The owners:
pooja-shetty-manmohan-shetty-aarti-shetty.jpg

No B&M yet. :(

Screamscape also spotted a new video about the park:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6crpd6kEGo#ws

vhcoasters.com have posted a blurry photo to show that the B&M has topped out already. :)

fMvRmdD.jpg

It's so exciting to see a country as grand as India enter the scene with their first proper theme park. :D

This thing has opened already, so I will probably visit it at some point. Rubbish luck, just when I am about to leave the country they open a theme park...

They are advertising it absolutely everywhere in Mumbai, but Strangely nobody knew it existed until a few weeks ago; despite it being a massive investment just outside the city.

Well it looks alright. India's other attempts at theme parks are pretty naff.

Some parts of this park look amazingly themed, and some parts look awful (the shoot-the-chutes, the carousel on a concrete podium). The real test of a new park is not what it's like when it opens, but how they invest in it year after year. :)

It looks like a decent European or American theme park with loads of potential

Most of it looks perfectly acceptable. It's about time India got in on the theme park business properly, hopefully it'll do well and more will follow.

We'll see.

I went to one in Chennai that looked like it originally had lots of potential, til they let it rot for 10 years.

See how this one goes I think!

I'll be in Mumbai in July so I'll see if I can get a look around.

Joking apart the park has an area called Viva Europa and I'm going to India to get away from Europe.

:/

Why would anybody actually want to come to Mumbai?

I doubt this is a project fuelled by passion for themed experience, so it's not really my thing, but some of it looks enjoyable. You can tell it had a large budget, offering some nice theme design. There are obvious rip offs influences from the more popular theme parks in Asia as well as a bit of Indian pop culture thrown in.

And hey, they have a B&M. ...Which won't even be open by the time I visit. :twirly:

Well I went there. As expected, it was one of the strangest theme park trips I have had.

Firstly, it's not actually in Mumbai - it's located amongst volcanic outcrops many miles away, which requires you to navigate excitingly dangerous mountain roads to get there. It's much better that way, I liked the location.

Welcome to !ACIGAMI.
9014099473_4ea3001c91_c.jpg

...In the monsoon.

There was a fun sense of naivety about the place, telling of the park's newness. Upon getting our tickets, we were told to read all the safety boards outside the ride entrances before joining the queue. Indeed, in front of each ride were hosts whose job it was just to say "Welcome sir, enjoy the experience" and smile at you... Throughout the day, there were also park-wide announcements advising you "do not enter the water body" and that "paths are slippery when wet".

9015286544_1642a7ff53_c.jpg

9014152737_393f7fa0b5_c.jpg

9015344388_873d2563fc_c.jpg

The seemingly average-but-fun BM rollercoaster still had but one piece of track missing, so wasn't open today. The next biggest ride was "Gold Rush Express", which rattled and dived about the place satisfyingly.

9014109005_e9f48a2a7c_c.jpg

It even does this weird helix around an incomplete launched tower ride.
9014106343_6d34962223_c.jpg

Throughout the park there was a lot of emphasis on theme and stories, with many detailed facades and decoration. Unfortunately, every theme was inspired by either Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 or Islands of Adventure, and the individual 'lands' all spilled into each other.

IS IT DEAD? IS IT DEAD, IS IT? IS IT DEAD? IS IT DEAD OR ALIVEEEEE?! yOOhohoho
9015291858_7613d58b64_c.jpg

The rollercoaster featured some fun tunnels, including one with a graciously painted concrete wall.
9015300366_b84c175d2d_c.jpg

From their Flying Jumbos you can view almost the entire park. I actually quite enjoyed this ride for some reason.
9014113601_3b2f522aa2_c.jpg

9015304646_58d2eb9d7c_c.jpg

9015307298_b0dc948c9e_c.jpg

It was on "Alibaba aur chalis chorr" that I began to feel a bit sorry for the park.
9014120275_2923196434_c.jpg

This was Imagica's token 'interactive' dark ride, consisting mostly of cardboard cut-out thieves that you had to shoot.
9015313490_990bcd7ef7_c.jpg

There was lots of animation but only very simple movements. It would have been more convincing the sets hadn't been lighted so carelessly. Still, the ride was funny and lasted a long time, although that was only because the vehicles were so slow.

And no, preshow videos don't help.
9014122075_ecd9dd805c_c.jpg

Things got a bit worse with "I for India", in which you sit on a chair that gets raised quite high into the air (very slowly), in order to watch a short compilation of helicopter shots filmed around famous Indian landmarks. Imagine watching BBC HD on a floating sofa with people's feet dangling in front of your face.

This haunted dark ride also wasn't finished yet. From the size of it, perhaps it will be quite good on the inside. The exterior also has some good detail, although with so many big facades bunched up together they lose their effect.
9014130063_4073a754a0_c.jpg

The Zeze Sellotape and Grill offered some very tasty and filling lunch.
9015315868_939fd0b6bd_c.jpg

9015318024_499a3c11e3_c.jpg

Just then it began to rain extremely hard, prompting a power outage that lasted over an hour. We were handed a 'disclaimer' asserting that the park could not be held responsible for such electricity failures, which are apparently a regular occurrence.

Of course, after the power came back, the rides then needed another test run, so we stood outside "Rajasaurus River Adventure" waiting for the queue to reopen. All the attraction hosts seemed to be confused by our patience, as about 4 different people urged us to go away and try something else. Two men from park operations even came out to explain to us how rides need testing before they can let people on, and that we would have to wait 10 minutes. Yes, thank you, I am aware of such procedures...

9014136897_73f3e5c45f_c.jpg

9015330764_53c841afbd_c.jpg

The curse of queueline TVs strikes again, including the fake news bulletin cliché (although it was better than The Swarm's!)
9014139017_669489ee16_c.jpg

Once in the interior queue, it became clear that Rajasaurus was something a bit different, despite the obvious Jurassic Park rip off. There was a lot of detail and ambiance going on, with some nice cogs and dials wiring on some of the walls. You then board the boat, pass through a "time machine" and enter a warehouse filled with lovely animatronic dinosaurs. Of course there was no effort made to hide the metal roof or close the maintenance bay doors, but this ride succeeded in being exciting and creative.

9015332482_bf226651c8_c.jpg

9015335826_3f8c8446c7_c.jpg

The animatronics were plentiful, with very fluent movement and convincing aesthetics. We all had fun. Then comes the world's noisiest lift hill, to pull your boat into the top level where the Rajasaurus egg supposedly hatches. A big air-powered dinosaur hisses and clunks into way towards you, in a surprisingly fun moment, before you drop very steeply into a splash pool.

9014132329_2365e3723f_c.jpg

I can imagine this being extremely refreshing in the hot sun, but in the monsoon it was just hilariously cold and wet. It was definitely my favourite ride there.

Another big surprise was "Deep Space", an indoor rollercoaster. I knew it would have a launch, but wasn't expecting such quick speed with a nice, smooth acceleration. Suddenly you are flying through the darkness with nothing but a lap bar to keep you in, making for a nicely disorientating experience. On my first ride I had no idea what was going on - only later did I realise they had put in a few inversions to really disorientate you. The rest of it reminded me of X No Way Out, only better.

9015337778_6d7d3d7fe0_c.jpg

9015339502_a15230a9ef_c.jpg

Unfortunately it was a very short ride, so as there was a very small queue I went around again. This further confused the ride hosts, who then told us that riding a third time was "not allowed" unless we waited half an hour. It was also amusing how they repeated their pre-rehearsed spiels almost exactly, including the queueline welcome, cheering when the train dispatches and clapping on the offload platform: *clap clap clap* "SO HOW WAS YOUR DEEP SPACE EXPERIENCE?!! ...the second time?".

Finally we did "Wrath of the Gods", a lower budgeted version of Poseidon's Fury with Hindu-inspired deities. It was surprisingly effective and I enjoyed it. My favourite moment was when the ceiling opened up and an enormous torrent of water landed directly on my head, for about 10 seconds.

9014158611_9476bdfb73_c.jpg

It was pretty good for India's first "international standards" theme park, although that claim is disputable. I wish there were more physical rides, since they had gone quite over the top with the simulators and shows. I'm sure it will be a bit better when the BM rollercoaster opens.

As you can see, I was entertained.

9015323550_5e7fb22b74_c.jpg

electricBlll said:
9014132329_2365e3723f_c.jpg

I can imagine this being extremely refreshing in the hot sun, but in the monsoon it was just hilariously cold and wet. It was definitely my favourite ride there.

Haha, an almost exact rip-off of Jurassic Park at IoA! :D

5182620252_9724f6b00e_z.jpg

That looks pretty good! Bit slow in 1 or 2 parts, but overall looks like a good ride.

Uh oh! Bad news for the baby park...

Screamscape said:
Park News - (2/6/14) According to the local news there was an accident on one of the new coasters at Adlabs Imagica. Based on the photo, the accident took place on the Bandits of Robin Hood coaster from I. E. Park, which is a family sized coaster.
The coaster, which has been open for less than a year, apparently “skid off the rails” according to the article, and based on the picture, it looks like the back cars on the train suffered from a serious derail. One woman and her teenage daughter are reported as being injured.
While there are a few I. E. Park coasters in a few smaller parks in Europe from the Italian company, they don’t appear to have sold a single model anywhere in the USA. After this accident on an almost brand new coaster, I have a feeling future sales may be down…

7zMVsoK.jpg

:eek:

A major accident for such a small ride. The only photo I've seen anything like that is the one of the Mindbender accident. Should have got a Vekoma/Gerst, clearly!