• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Oh come on, the gun is bad but not that bad.
I meant more the design style of the props, than the quality of the production.
.... But now that you mention it.....

When the first pictures of the 2016 proton packs came out, I was a semi regular poster on the GB Fans forum. Those guys are expert replica prop builders. One person commented that the new packs "look like they were cobbled together in a day with plumbing parts from Home Depot". (Even to the experts, a fully functional classic style "hero" proton pack takes a couple of weeks to build.)

Within 36 hours, another member posted a perfect copy of the new pack (minus functioning lights, but fully built and painted) and said, "Yup. I built this in one day, with one shopping trip to Home Depot."
Two days later, he posted pictures of it burning on his 4th July bonfire.

The wider area and Nemesis queue line looks as crappy as that, yet there's still an animatronic to be added to the already excellent central theming structure?

Same old Merlin. High quality photogenic central theming structures, paint jobs, 2d signs, and shipping containers for everything else around it.

The wider area and Nemesis queue line looks as crappy as that, yet there's still an animatronic to be added to the already excellent central theming structure?

Same old Merlin. High quality photogenic central theming structures, paint jobs, 2d signs, and shipping containers for everything else around it.

It is a bit like that which is a shame as Wickerman sort of bucked a trend.

That said Original Nemesis was mostly a big central theming structure with little else around the queue.

A central themed structure and then nothing around the ride, with quite tall wooden fences in the claustrophobic queue and the loudest chain lift known to man? There are occasional flags, I guess, but I don't think you can say Wickerman bucks the trend.

Is the queue that claustrophobic? With the exception of the bit just before you go under the lifthill it’s open to views across the ride area.

It’s also got the universal rock work down under the station and around the last bit of the queue (Merlin would previously have left that concrete), the weird wicker sculptures, (and yes the flags). It’s a small compact area but overall it’s pretty well balanced in my opinion.

Pretty well balanced, but in need of a couple of quidsworth of weed and feed on all the mini lawns full of dandelions!
For literally a few hundred quidsworth of plants, that queueline could be a thing of beauty.
The wicker at the top of the queue is turning into compost very nicely as well.
Doubt if it will last the season.

I think Wicker Man is pretty well-rounded myself, with lots of nice details throughout the queue and station area. Admittedly, there’s not too much on the ride itself aside from the principal wicker man structure, but I think that does enough of the heavy lifting for that not to matter too much.

Despite the comments in this thread, I also think Nemesis Reborn is a very well-rounded experience. Yes, you have the big monster and the eye in the middle, but there’s plenty of stuff aside from that; you have some really nice props around the ride, like the helicopter and the bus, and you also have some nice bits in the queue, like the gun (which I have to say looks vastly improved now they’ve added the new details to it), some of the new little bits they’ve been putting in there, the Phalanx lab, the bits of track… I think they’ve done a really nice job with it overall! Yes, the queue presentation is a little bit rough around the edges in parts, and there are certain things I think they could have improved (for instance, the black ride area fencing could have been made a little more interesting, in my view), but all in all, I think they’ve done a very good, well-rounded job with Nemesis Reborn, and certainly not just centred focus to the primary structure.

Perhaps controversially, I much prefer the current look and feel of Nemesis and the wider area to the look and feel of the original, or the original circa 2022 at least. Granted, I never did the original when it was new, but I certainly don’t think original Nemesis as I did it was as well-rounded in terms of presentation and theming as Nemesis Reborn is. The queue is much more well-themed than that of the original (albeit the lack of queueing under the ride that the original had is a loss), there’s a lot more energy, kinetics and storytelling in the new area than there was in the original, the principal monster structure of Nemesis Reborn is stronger than that of the original and I think the area overall feels a bit more cohesive.

Speaking of the little helicopter, this has probably already been mentioned, but I overheard someone in the queue today saying it wasn't a real helicopter, and I assumed it was but didn't know for sure so had to Google it when I got home... it looks like it's a Brantly B-2, with 2 seats (surprisingly for how small it is).

Speaking of the little helicopter, this has probably already been mentioned, but I overheard someone in the queue today saying it wasn't a real helicopter, and I assumed it was but didn't know for sure so had to Google it when I got home... it looks like it's a Brantly B-2, with 2 seats (surprisingly for how small it is).
oh, 100% both of them are real, the amount of detail in the pannels would be very dificult to recreate in some areas without a hugh expence, it probably turns out cheaper and more realistic to buy used real helecopters and modify them to fit the mechanisms.

Last edited: