• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

First time I’ve ridden at the front, and, the rattle is audibly more louder than my rides at the back that I had on opening week.

No idea which train it was, but yeah, concerning.

Ride quality was fine but surely the train shouldn’t be making that much noise.
I rode front left today for the first time and the rattle was pretty loud towards the end of the ride...didn't feel overly smooth either

This is an example of flaking that I took at the end of March... albeit on the rail, but you get the idea.

1000003016.jpg

Today though... I don't know what they've done but it felt like it was flying around the track, and the dip after the zero-g roll into the pit (before the stall turn) sounded noticeably louder and more roary than the last few weekends, at least to me? "Proper" Nemesis just like I remember.

Probably all in my head.

That’s not peeling that’s the running track wearing which always happens.

The rest of the white on there looks like track wax and dirt accumulation.

Also worth bearing in mind that it’s not unusual for the rails to be ground down around the joins after installation. I suspect that’s what we’re seeing here. (Or at least what got it started).

Also worth bearing in mind that it’s not unusual for the rails to be ground down around the joins after installation. I suspect that’s what we’re seeing here. (Or at least what got it started).

It's fairly unusual for a B&M actually. This looks more like paint wear to me.

On the running part of the rail or elsewhere?

If it’s the wheel contact part then yes that’s paint wear and all B&M’s do it. If it’s the rest then it’s too streaky to be paint wear.
the streaking is from dust accumilation not paint wear, I don't know where it is from but it is most noticable at the bottom of the pit

On the running part of the rail or elsewhere?

If it’s the wheel contact part then yes that’s paint wear and all B&M’s do it. If it’s the rest then it’s too streaky to be paint wear.

I mean to grind rails down between contacts. They do have them but it's unusual compared to other manufacturers.

If it is "normal" wear, it's at least inconsistent.
My previous picture is of the ascent out of the tunnel following the loop, into the banked turn. Such a small and specific area of wear down to bare metal seems odd to me, but I'm no expert.

The same can be seen on the first part of the (correction) drop into the pit from the zero-g roll too, and also on the first part of the loop (you can see if you look down from the queueline bridge just before entering the station.

I'm sure the main wheels should be in full contact with the rail at this point, so I don't see why it'd be so patchy like this, unless there was an issue with the paint itself:

1714325119858.png

It looks to me like the paint loss is also wider than the track of the wheel too at points.
That said, I admit I know next to nothing about paint.

Last edited:
I am not going to speak about the paint flaking. But as far as wear is concerned, inconsistent wear has been normal since the dawn of rollercoasters.

the streaking is from dust accumilation not paint wear, I don't know where it is from but it is most noticable at the bottom of the pit

Yes that was my point.

If it is "normal" wear, it's at least inconsistent.
My previous picture is of the ascent out of the tunnel following the loop, into the banked turn. Such a small and specific area of wear down to bare metal seems odd to me, but I'm no expert.

The same can be seen on the first part of the (correction) drop into the pit from the zero-g roll too, and also on the first part of the loop (you can see if you look down from the queueline bridge just before entering the station.

I'm sure the main wheels should be in full contact with the rail at this point, so I don't see why it'd be so patchy like this, unless there was an issue with the paint itself:

1714325119858.png

It looks to me like the paint loss is also wider than the track of the wheel too.
That said, I admit I know next to nothing about paint.

It always wears in that odd pattern, it will eventually form a full running line but that’s normal.

I tried to get more pictures on Friday, but I couldn't get a view of the spine on the final inversion where I saw a big piece of paint was missing on Monday.
On second look, the paint on the rails looks fairly normal, with some flaking and wear from the wheels. It's more pronounced at the points of the ride where forces are higher of course, but I suspect that the rails that look completely grey are because of dust from all the gravel they have added into the area which is sticking to the grease that has been transferred to the track from the wheel bearings.

Could the paint wear be down to unevenly loaded trains? It's fair to say that passenger weights have probably increased a little since 1994.
I know back in 2002 all you had to do was unevenly load a row or two on Air (i.e. heavy two on one side, light two on the other) and this was all but guaranteed to trip out the inertia bar system that tilts the trains to the flying position. Plenty of pictures online of trains stuck halfway between seated and tilted before B&M fixed the issues.

Finally got on this yesterday for the first time (4 times in total) Not sure if it's just me but it feels more intense through the inversions than the original ride. The first corkscrew is a lot more snappy and the zero G roll it seems to take that at a ridiculous speed now. It actually surprised me, I was expecting a slightly toned down ride experience but it feels anything but. When summer temperatures are here this thing is going to absolutely rocket round the track.

I never found the original rough but with the new one the vibration/.rattle is very much there. It's definitely worse on the outside seats so I would assume it's to do with rail and wheel contact. It reminds me of if you get a jammed wheel on a shopping trolley and drag it across the floor, it makes the whole trolley shake itself. Hopefully they can sort it because as it stands for me this probably puts it a smidge below the original ride.

I'm probably in the minority but I actually preferred FV in it's original form and although from a distance the ride looks a million dollars you can already see that black track is going to age like milk.

Finally got on this yesterday for the first time (4 times in total) Not sure if it's just me but it feels more intense through the inversions than the original ride. The first corkscrew is a lot more snappy and the zero G roll it seems to take that at a ridiculous speed now. It actually surprised me, I was expecting a slightly toned down ride experience but it feels anything but. When summer temperatures are here this thing is going to absolutely rocket round the track.
Fully agree. I also find it to be more forceful than it was before. My feet tingle through 90% of the ride now and I don't remember it being like that previously.
Praying for the return of the waterfalls 🙏🏼

This is the bestest news ever. It was clear they were going to be coming back as the pipes that went over the queue line under the lift hill which is now the fastback queue were replaced at the start of the season, but you still always have doubts in your mind.

I don’t think they are plotting a flat ride and waterfalls.

They are probably just having a nightmare getting them to work.
Was more so thinking that's how they'll spin it - 100% agree management would've had them on for opening day if they could.