• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Had my first (and second, third and fourth) rides on this today. Will save full thoughts for later, but as someone who had Nemesis 7th of the big 7, this is 2nd or 3rd for me now! Better in every way, and my word that helix is so intense! Don’t think I ever felt the forces on my feet on the OG like I did on it today! Fantastic stuff

Visited on Saturday as part of the Your Experience Guide event so got about 10 rides in over the day (1 during the day, 9 during the ert). My first visit since the re-opening and was very impressed with what they've done with the area. Even nice touches like the propellor on the helicopter spinning. Just adding movement were there previously wasn't any.

Great they've changed the queue route to use areas I'd not been since I went on school trips in 1999 and 2000.

The Ride itself still as intense and amazing as ever. However I did feel the new for 2024 rattle (whether I'd have noticed it if I'd not known about it who knows) but also one of the trains was making a noise that didn't sound healthy.

All in though a great job, looking forward to seeing the new flat ride go up, and then whatever mysterious projects Bianca and Co have planned for the future.

So I was on train 2 3 times I believe, row 1, row 6 and row 2 and train 1 row 3 - the rattle is definitely there but in my opinion it doesn't take anything away from the ride. I only experienced it on the final turn no matter which row I was on, and I think it was only train 2 but might be wrong. Could do with sorting but not uncomfortable or anything and doesn't take away from it.

Double posting sorry but I forgot to add - there was a brief delay yesterday and announcements to stop loading train 1 row 5. Not sure what was wrong with it, but at the various times I went back throughout the day they weren't loading it at all.

Hmm...
Double posting sorry but I forgot to add - there was a brief delay yesterday and announcements to stop loading train 1 row 5. Not sure what was wrong with it, but at the various times I went back throughout the day they weren't loading it at all.
Could be teething issues with the trains, maybe? And AT are just being cautious with them until the end of the day or when they could possibly replace the train with another one to have ride maintenance have a look at the train itself to see if there are any issues to deal with.

It's good it's doing that now, if that make sense. Better than doing it near the summer when AT would be packed with guests who'd be queuing for god knows how long to hear one train is down a row for some unknown reason which impacts ride loading times and, in tern, ride queuing times.

*insert witty TS thoosie comment about low AT standards being the norm now*

I'm sure @Matt.GC will be around to fill in my placeholder later.
I kind of can't now because you've sort of stolen my thunder my friend. I could make some hyper serious, yet depressing post, fully designed to give everyone else a good old fashioned "what for", to teach them a lesson, about the accepted normalisation of lower standards at Towers these days.

But such self-righteousness, the likes of which are contained in many posts, in numerous threads (including some made this very eve) have led me to believe that I am far from the highly strung duckling I once was. The cantankerousness will likely remain, but with a healthier dose of acceptance of the reality in which we now find ourselves.

Against the grain, I fully dislike the new warzone, shipping container, and "secret/sinister organisation" theme they've imposed on Nemesis. My experience of it in person was almost completely ruined in full by what I personally perceived to be a far inferior ride experience due to a very audible and physically felt "rattle" that I know from personal experience gained from 3 decades of riding was not present in its current form on the previous iteration of the ride.

Yet it may surprise some that I don't think it will at all be a problem long term for Nemesis/Nemmy Rebo going forward. I actually have every confidence that they are aware of it, it's a teething issue that will be sorted, it will probably be riding better than it ever has soon enough (if it isn't already, I haven't ridden it in weeks now), and that I am in the minority that currently doesn't like it.

Further, the ride experience, coupled with the excellent new set piece that is the station, could well end up being the best we've ever had from this machine in the following years. In my opinion, the original rode at its best long after the blood waterfalls had gone, when Forbidden Valley had almost become a parody of it's former self, and large holes appeared in the station.

"Rebo" could ride like the best invert in the world once the initial excitement over shipping containers and car park views has passed, the toy gun falls apart, the scarred pit is once again reclaimed by nature, and the eye forever displays an HDMI Error code. I raise a glass (can) to this.

Last edited: