• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

Just to let you all know that I will experience this for the first time on Sunday, and will create a report for it, including opinions from my family of non-enthusiasts.

I've got nothing to compare it to, and will try to give an unbiased opinion towards it. I will see how my opinion compares with my family's, as we will be riding it in the same conditions. Hopefully, it'll be as good as some of the reports I've been hearing, and will scare my family to pieces.

The other day, I did Sub-Terra for the first time with my two younger brothers, and their friends, and the reaction from them was VERY good - they both absolutely loved the ride, and this is coming from teenagers at the "need to look cool" stages of life, who find Hex boring and go around TOTT trying to act impressive because they're not scared.

Am trying to gather opinions from a recent school trip but all I've got so far is "Well, it just looked like a simulator or something...and the queue was too long" - it really is sad the affect that fasttrack is having on NST queue times :(

Right, well I think my opinion has been forged!

After having ridden the final version twice now, I have settled for the fact that I genuinely enjoy the experience. I had the opportunity to nose at the GP who were in our batch on Sunday, and everyone seemed satisfied with their experience (either scared or laughing!).

Things seem to make a lot more sense - the videos in the batching area, the noises in the entry lift, the sequence in the chamber, and finally the post-attack decontamination.

I will, however, always be upset that there is nothing in the bottom chamber to get in my face :(. Sob!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Longy said:
Now that the main alterations have been made on the attraction, many people believe that it is a fun ride which offers some good scares.
There are, of course, the select view that just like to moan... ;)

A few improvements that could be made are:

• More actors in the tunnel leading up to the Observation Chamber so that everyone knows where they are sitting, and so that it still feels like you are in a real facility. i.e. You would not be left alone at any point in case anything went wrong
  • On busy days, more actors could patrol the queue line telling people to stop kissing etc, similar to the batching area further ahead in the ride. This would also make riders more immersed in the experience.

When you say leading in to the chamber I'm guessing you mean after the lifts that take you down to core ;)?.
More of experience while waiting to enter the facility is something I found really good at the same time you forget about how long you've been waiting in queue.

Whatever happened to the 'director of fear'? did he make an appearance on opening day or anything?

The original press release with him in it wasn't really seen by a lot of people I cant imagine, so perhaps they decided not to use him as marketing material?

I read today he has MS - but I mean way before any of this recent news?

smudge said:
Whatever happened to the 'director of fear'? did he make an appearance on opening day or anything?

The original press release with him in it wasn't really seen by a lot of people I cant imagine, so perhaps they decided not to use him as marketing material?

I read today he has MS - but I mean way before any of this recent news?

I don't know to be honest.... It was rather busy!

smudge said:
They changed marketing director - marketing went a different turn. He was never seen or mentioned again.

I've ridden it on three seperate occasions now:

Opening day - Awful. Nothing worked other than 'the drop'. Great job by the actors though.
1 month in - Better. All effects working. Actors less enthused.
Saturday - Wonderful. Great experience. Actors about the same as previous visit. I want barking at!

Much improved. I'll make sure I ride each visit.

I visited the attraction yesterday for the first time. I'd read some bits of information about what was inside, but like many things until you see it for yourself you can't really truly understand it.

I liked the attraction overall, it had a good pace to it, the queue wasn't very long (10.30ish we only queued for half an hour) and the shocks inside really got to me! One question, how 'deep' is the drop, and is it just me or does it feel like 6ft?

I think the only way to think of Sub Terra is in the same way as Hex, it's not so much the ride hardware used, it's the atmosphere and theming around it. My only criticism, or rather comment is that I personally don't think it has that 're-rideability' factor. In the same way as Hex, once you know how it works, it's not as good. Once you've escaped from Sub Terra once, would you go back? I think that's just me though?

Solid 8 out of 10 from me. Just needs something to draw me in again. I'm not sure what though?

^Nah re-rideability to me is an issue now, especially with the added on exit maze... Originally pre-maze (and post other additions) I would have happily ridden it multiple times a day, but now, not too sure...

But of course, the majority of guests will only be riding it once, so what does re-rideability matter in the long run?

Benzin said:
But of course, the majority of guests will only be riding it once, so what does re-rideability matter in the long run?
I'd say yes, entirely, because that's what brings people back to the park more than once.

I'd say this ride is more than re-rideable I love this ride now even though I know whats coming its the suspense of not knowing when your actually going to drop and with all the cool effects that now happen whilst on the ride I find it fun especially with friends and people who havent rode it before just to see there faces!

Hi, my first post on here, just a couple of questions about the end of Sub-Terra I'm heading to the Towers next week (YAY) but just wondering if the scaremaze has been changed in the past few weeks.
Also would I be right in saying that the actors stay in the first section, ie just up to the fabric, and after that its just strobes and air cannons?

Tom said:
It's better if you don't know, why would you want to spoil the surprises?
Mainly because me and live actors don't mix well an usually end with me running around with my arms flailing and screaming like a demented pig. Just want to know what to expect so i don't have a repeat of the dungeons incident :/

The actors mostly populate the first 2/3 of the maze but they can go anywhere... they wont touch you.

Very concerned about over-sell of Fastrack on Sub Terra.

The queue is now moving HORRIBLY slowly, and fastrack is being sold AT THE THE RIDE ENTRANCE.

:(

AstroDan said:

The queue is now moving HORRIBLY slowly, and fastrack is being sold AT THE THE RIDE ENTRANCE.

Oh dear. This is such a shame.
They get the ride they want, and then ruin it by wanting more money!

I knew Fastrack was a bad idea!
It has ruined rides!

Alton: SORT THIS OUT!

Longy said:
AstroDan said:

Oh dear. This is such a shame.
They get the ride they want, and then ruin it by wanting more money!

I knew Fastrack was a bad idea!
It has ruined rides!

Alton: SORT THIS OUT!

It hasn't ruined rides. The rides are the same.

However, on a ride such as Sub Terra, which has a low throughput due to the nature of the attraction, fast track can really, really, make the queueline unbearable.

I find the ST queueline one of the slowest moving in the whole park - and offering fastrack to guests at the entrance will only make matters worse.

I have seen some guests really getting quite angry in the main queue.