• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

Both lift doors shut at the same time - it'd probably be down to slow people that you heard the central core detonate.

I personally think the broken panels are fine, if you've glimpsed them just as the light goes out then thats the effect working. Equally, if you only notice it after the lights are on, that works as well. Having light on after the effect would just ruin the whole urgency/monster destroying lift effect.

Quick Update:

The op-cabin can no longer be seen in the Observation Chamber and the neck air blasts are currently turned off as it cuts out the ride system.

Apparantly the breath effects are off because the system has a few problems - they like staying on at random times.

The breath affects and ride system would be completely and utterly different things - they'd not affect one another.

thefatone said:
Apparantly the breath effects are off because the system has a few problems - they like staying on at random times.

The breath affects and ride system would be completely and utterly different things - they'd not affect one another.

After talking to a few Phalanx Ops Iv'e been told that the in-seat air blasts are currently turned off as it keeps cutting out the ride system. Thats what Iv'e been told :)

I dont think they were working last weekend, or if they were I didnt notice them. I know the week before I could hear lots of air leaking out of the one near me before the ride had even started!

I suppose at least we can think ourselves lucky that the neck breathing is the only thing not working on a regular basis... Compared to how the ride started off anyway!

I remember the exit lifts before they went pitch black, and nobody noticed the moving panels anyway. I think as they are is fine, it's a nice little detail that people might notice after multiple rides. It's a lot harder to notice with the added ending section though.

siralgenon said:
thefatone said:

After talking to a few Phalanx Ops Iv'e been told that the in-seat air blasts are currently turned off as it keeps cutting out the ride system. Thats what Iv'e been told :)
From what I've pieced together from random sources, seems like there's one set of air compressors for both the ride and effects systems, therefore although the ride and effects are clearly separate, if the effects take too much air from the compressed air system, there's not enough left for the ride, and so it will cut.

...or something like that, anyway. Just a half-guess from some stuff I heard.

The ride is powered by hydrolics. The only thing ride wise that the compressed air system would affect is the opening and closing of the main chamber doors.

Apparently breath effects were working today on most gondolas, so maybe it's all okay again.

Not intended as a dig at the previous poster, as I've seen this done all over the boards by many different users. It's 'hydraulics'.

All the effects on the gondolas are run by compressed air (back pokes and leg ticklers), I could imagine that possibly the neck blasts would lower the pressure enough for all the effects to fail? I can't see any sense whatsoever in developing a system where the effects and ride system share components, that's asking for trouble.

I hope next time I visit I get to experience the neck blasts, it's the one thing I've not been able to feel so far.

Alexsutton said:
Not intended as a dig at the previous poster, as I've seen this done all over the boards by many different users. It's 'hydraulics'.
I believe thefatone was referring to the ride system being used by hydraulics, not the effects.

It seems the ride system uses hydraulics, and the effects system uses compressed air. Although that's a guess on my part, I know nothing of Sub-Terra's system.

Sub Terra was really good today - the actors in the maze section were manipulating the spaces brilliantly!

:D

AstroDan said:
Sub Terra was really good today - the actors in the maze section were manipulating the spaces brilliantly!

:D

Was just a shame that it went on 'Lock-down' at the end of the day.
Oh well, free priority pass!

;)

Sub-Terra was the best I've ever ridden it today.

I just thoroughly enjoyed it all the way round today, and came out of the end with a grin stretched wide across my face. The ride has had nothing short of a complete revolution. It's taken me a while to come to this decision but... today I realised I prefer it to The Swarm.

James said:
Alexsutton said:
I believe thefatone was referring to the ride system being used by hydraulics, not the effects.

It seems the ride system uses hydraulics, and the effects system uses compressed air. Although that's a guess on my part, I know nothing of Sub-Terra's system.

I understood the message entirely, I was just being a spelling nazi!

A million apologies - my spelling was having a mind boggling moment.

Please be assured this will not happen again.

Sub terra is ace, over.