• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

AstroDan said:
Longy said:
AstroDan said:
Very concerned about over-sell of Fastrack on Sub Terra.

The queue is now moving HORRIBLY slowly, and fastrack is being sold AT THE THE RIDE ENTRANCE.

:(
Oh dear. This is such a shame.
They get the ride they want, and then ruin it by wanting more money!

I knew Fastrack was a bad idea!
It has ruined rides!

Alton: SORT THIS OUT!

It hasn't ruined rides. The rides are the same.

However, on a ride such as Sub Terra, which has a low throughput due to the nature of the attraction, fast track can really, really, make the queueline unbearable.

I find the ST queueline one of the slowest moving in the whole park - and offering fastrack to guests at the entrance will only make matters worse.

I have seen some guests really getting quite angry in the main queue.

:(
You didn't get what I meant properly.
I meant that people get bored in the queues because of the Fastrack system, and thus, their view of the ride is ruined. A queue can leave a big impression on people.

I feel that people have a right to be angry here though.
They've paid £42 to get into the park, only to get people who have Fastrack get on more rides than them, which reduces their ride count because of the queue time.

This is unfair, even if the others have paid a 'little' bit extra!

Just wrong. Piss off most people for the benefit of themselves and the few who can afford it, even with an attraction they can now be pleased with they manage to leave people unhappy. If they are selling so many that it really seriously affects the main queue, which seems to be happening here, they need to manage how many are sold much more closely.

The best way to do that is increase the price until it is prohibitive to most yet some still buy it, so they make the same amount of money with less people using it.

If people are leaving unhappy it is safe to say they have ruined the ride, even though the ride itself is the same.

Maybe only offer Fastrack with online bookings?

This would promote booking online, reduce queue times, and still leave Merlin with money. It's win-win!

Merlin need to sort out Fastrack so that it does not ruin other people's days!

Longy said:
Maybe only offer Fastrack with online bookings?

This would promote booking online, reduce queue times, and still leave Merlin with money. It's win-win!

Merlin need to sort out Fastrack so that it does not ruin other people's days!

Not really. As Merlin/Alton work on the basis that on the day, if queues are long and slow, guests will be more prone to buy Fastracks on the day, on the spot.

Most Fastrack sales are from on the day.

I don't agree with fastracks to begin with, but selling them at the entrance of low throughput rides is just wrong.

It also creates quite an uneasy tone with aggression towards those using it, which frankly isn't a nice situation to be in. Many time I've heard people loudly complaining about the "rich queue jumpers", comments on it being unfair and dirty looks shot towards those using fastrack.
Heck, you even get it using a disabled queue!

They're a business and selling fastrack earns money, but to start with Sub-Terra fastrack wasn't that widely available, which was great!
Having it sold at the front or entrances isn't right and often staff (maybe knowing, maybe not) exaggerate the queue times.

It leaves a sour taste in the mouths of many people and on a low throughput ride it shouldn't be overly available, in my opinion.

I disagree with paid Fastrack in principle, but from a business perspective it's brilliant. However, despite this I just cannot agree with the idea of selling it at the entrance to rides - particularly if they are low throughput such as ST!

There's a kiosk no more than 3 minutes away that sells Fastracks. If Alton want to promote them more, then fine... Advertise where you can buy them at ride entrances. However, they should not physically sell them there!

Guest satisfaction is presumably fairly low this season due to some of these yo-yo cuts... Merlin seem hellbent on crushing any satisfaction that's left!

Fastrack has always been an issue, especially when paying extra for it, meaning that there isn't a level playing field for guests (which is the opposite of Disney's version, which also works on the majority of rides due to the high as hell throughputs)...

Selling them at ride entrances though... Urgh... Hopefully the rides managers will have a go at the sales people again if it gets out of hand...

They were selling fast track at the ride entrance yesterday, and the main queue was pretty much to the entrance.

But in other better news, they have now added a curtain to the ride op room (or re-added it), as it was removed for a while and let loads of light into the main room. But now its back to how it was when it opened.

How's Sub Terra copeing now? Or is it still suffering from down time now and again unless all the creases have been ironed out now?

Zak said:
How's Sub Terra copeing now? Or is it still suffering from down time now and again unless all the creases have been ironed out now?

It's been absolutely fine the past few weeks. A 'Lock Down' here and there, but that's more than normal..

:)

Just been on Nemesis Sub Terra today for my first ride. :)

I can certainly say that it is a fantastic addition to the park, and at some parts I was actually scared, the main show is excellent and the back prodders and the wind on your feet really takes you by surprise, even though I was expecting them. The maze at the end is also quite scary.

Will post longer review soon. :)

I managed to go on Sub-Terra today, and I was very impressed that instead of having all the scaremaze actors in 2/3 of the maze, there was now an actor in the end section giving some last second scares before you exit. This is something this area has needed, as it seemed a little too quiet before, but it adds to the maze a hell of a lot.

Keep it up Alton! :D

I noticed this last week, too.

Much better having an actor right at the end!

It really has improved beyond recognition from v1 which I rode in early April. I've now ridden each of v1, v1.5 and v2 and I have to say that the scaremaze is a great addition - the strobes and sound effects really disorientate you and the actors position themselves in excellent places to provide maximum scares without touching you. The whole experience is much better, from the now blacked out batching area to the longer leg tickles and back pokes compared to v1. It's now a solid filler attraction, which I would probably rate 7/10.

Still haven't felt stuff "breathing" on my neck in the central core :(

I always end up sitting at the end of the row though.

Quick question.. the second exit lift that gets kept waiting for a little bit... 1st time ive actually heard the central core self destruct the other day and it was the 1st time id been in the 2nd exit lift - do they purposely keep that one waitin beforehand a little longer before closing the doors too to prolong it or is it just something i've missed before in the 1st lift?

Also that panel that flaps down from the roof when under attack, it drops literally half a second before it's pitch black, i only saw it start to move as i was looking for it, surely they should leave the lights on a couple of seconds longer as it's just a waste of effect otherwise :-(